Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Share some Funny D2 Stories

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kazuya, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Kazuya

Kazuya IncGamers Member

Share some Funny D2 Stories

I'd like to start a thread in which people can recount some of their funnier d2 stories that have happened to them (not a friend of a friend stuff)
    Please no Flaming!

I'll start with a few of mine

When ladder came out i made a level 32 paladin and i quickly made a charger and quickly figured out about the hostile wp bug before anyone knew it existed.. Thankfully no one made maphack so pk'ing was alot easier, multiple times i took the ws2 waypoint and shift charged everywhere through the worldstone so i made to the throne in lightning speed.. At this time my pally had just 1200 life and roughly 8500 dmg for max (No i didnt use any unq maul)
    this would pretty much kill Any character 1 hit no matter what. I remember one time i followed a party down to throne and it was weird because itstead of all them running they had a necro who bonewalled the narrow entrance so i could not gain acess to the main throne room which baal sits in. I remember 7 ppl typing with the ! above their head and spamming lol noob and stuff to me.. Remember this is normal difficulty so the bonewall lasts for about 45 seconds.. The necro being awed by his greatness forgot to keep casting it and when it crumbled i shift charged and got 7 ears without any of them leaving.. im guessing those were people use to chicken or maphack haha..

A few days later and 200+ ears later i met a 92 necro, me having a 1.09 mentality i challenged him into dueling, he was a bonemancer who was casting bone spirit. I ran in and charged him multiple times all missing but him getting the animated stun back the whole time and finally he fell and died 1 hit.. i just killed the number 8 person on ladder at the time with a 32 paladin. At that time i began to see alot of chargers which didnt know how to use charge and therefore got killed by me because i figured out a way to get first hit 99.99% of the time regarding any other charger. I eventually met my end to a lvl 84 sword shield barb who after showed me his sword, it was a 393% eth botd cb.. sadly enough i made him flux once before he finally managed to ww :(

My 2nd last story i was a weak little javazon in a get gidbinn game and this was still early in 1.10.. I remember Diablo Clone spawned and this was one of the first spawnings, no1 in my party had ever fought him.. anyways we went to frigid Highlands i guess beause people maybe heard of shenk bug.. Anyhow there was a clan of 4 who left the party of 8 and hostiled, me being a weak little javazon and stuck with 3 cowards who refused to leave town i took matters into my own hand.. The whole party of 4 was so focused in trying to kill Diablo Clone no1 guarded the waypoint, i took the frigid wp and ran upwards where by fluke i met a fanatacism enchanted creature, i led him down to diablo clone where at this time the party notices me.. Also at this time Diablo Clone got fanatacism granted to him and quickly killed 3 of the 4 clan members.. Finally the last alive clan member realizes to kill the creature granting fanatacism, he kills it just as diablo Clone is winding up to whack him, the effect was like a small fish dying to a bigger fish with the bigger fish dying to a whale.. the last clan member died and no longer diablo had fanatacism, the other 3 ppl finally join me and i ended up getting the charm.. 10/10/6 :)

My last story i was fighting hell ancients for the very first time along with many other people in a public game when ladder started, at this time there was maybe 10 guardians on west realm. I remember everyone was scared but my sorc with 1800 life and a brave summoning necro (thats with BO/Oak..)
    2 People were hiding in a corner typing with ! above their head saying stuff like "lol.. let them kill maybe they wont notice".. Im whittling them down but take a break to tele over to the corner and tell the cowards to help regardless of their equipment,, team effort > Ancients.. They tell me to stfu and such and i have a half mind to reset the ancients and hostile but i dont want the ppl working hard to lose it. At this time Korlic leaps over and kills one of the leechers while he still has a !This way i wont die nub above his corpse.. i was laughing so hard as the other shocked leecher tries to run away but runs right into Madawc's Whirlwind and gets smoked, we end up killing the ancients and we only lost 2 people :)

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I was in a dueling game with my 45 assassin, there were a few other high levels there. There was a 80's paladin who was a good guy, just there to kill high levels in the game, he was leaving all the lower levels alone, he looked pretty decked out in some damn good gear. Another paladin came, and the paladins decided to fight, however, the second paladin backed out, got cold feet i guess, would have been a good duel.

Anyhow, the 2nd paladin got his friend (ANOTHER paladin) And the two of them ran around harassing the lone paladin, which I found rather amusing, because alone, he probably could have taken either of them 1v1 :)
    The new paladin is a real jerk, calling the first one a "pussy" and such for not dueling. I pointed out that it was a 2v1, and the only reason that the third paladin was there in the first place was because his friend was too scared to fight the 1st pally 1v1, and the 1st paladin did want to fight the 2nd one, well, he proceeded to tell me that I sucked, and his level 9 would own me.

I asked him how exactly he thought his level 9 was going to kill me. His response? He does 9000 PHYSICAL DAMAGE! Well well, too bad 9k listed will NOT kill my assassin, she had 1k life, max blocking, and 50% dmg reduce, so go ahead, bring it on.

He replied that the 9k was PvP damage (it was obvious he had thought 9k would be enough to kill me in one hit, then changed it when everyone said it would not be enough) and that he would kill me in one hit, but did not want to risk his character because I would also kill him in one hit.
    It was obvious he was lying, but me, the 1st paladin and another guy in the game started asking him about his "level 9". He told us it took him 53 hours to make 2 of his charms (oh, yeah, it was his hacked charms that allowed him to be so awesome) And that he had about 35 of them, and didnt want to risk them. I then added up how long it would be to "make" 35 of the charms, at 53 hours per 2 of them, and pointed out that he spent weeks STRAIGHT with no breaks making the charms. He called me a noob, called the 1st paladin a "pussy" and left the game.

Ahhh... some people are too much fun.

(sorry if the 1st paladin, 2nd paladin, 3rd paladin stuff was confusing)

-Matt

3. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Slaughtered folks with my crush wolf. Good times, good times. Some cocky 83 charger pala with a hellslayer. Nailed me once, never got the chance to back up.....

Good times.

4. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Not all funny stories are pk stories. :p

My friend and I both needed nm ancients, my necro his javazon. I also have a high lvl BO barb.

We find arreat summit, he logs in with the BO barb to give my necro battle orders, and this pubbie sorc is spamming, 'come on come on come on lets go, hurry, hurry' etc. We finally BO, my friend comes back with his zon, and before my necro has even configured his bone armor and decrepify, the stupid sorc triggers the ancients. Belatedly, I get them decrepified, but noone dies and we seem to have them under control. Finally, we kill the last one, who is fire enchanted and BOOM we watch the sorc's lifebar go to about 5 health (it was almost solid black after the death explosion).

He starts spamming 'OMG OMG OMG THAT WAS SOOO CLOSE!". I wonder if the idiot ever figured out that BO saved his lousy skin, and that you don't trigger ancients until all party members signal 'ready'.

It was funny because I always imagine him sitting in his own fecal matter in front of his computer when he came closer to dying than I've ever seen anyone in HC (w/o actually dying). Basically he wouldn't even have waited for battle orders but we were barely able to convince him to wait.

5. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

One day, at band camp.......errrr....ok I'll stop there

6. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

This kid in my game told me Barbs naked are hot. then im like are you a girl? hes like nah im a guy. ^_^

town kill story
    lets cut the crap out. lld game. 4 duelers standing right at town exit. lvl 92 hammerdin comes uses town trick and slained 3 of them.

also stealing my friends story. back in 1.09. in hardcore. there was this guy in my friend's game teasing him with dropping a pefect grandfather. the other guy would always stand far and drop gf then pick up real fast. so guess what.... my friend made an iron golem out of that ahha. the othe guy threaten to hack his acc and report to blizz for hacking. it was funny :)

7. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

That wasn't your friend, that story has been around for a long time, and I highly doubt it was someone you knew.

8. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

lol, very well, im sure what my friend told me is true. i dont need to fight about it. Hey youhaveproblem, whats up with you? coming out of nowhere.

9. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

yeah, sorry, definitely heard that one before... but a good story nonetheless

and Mail, if you can't (not saying you are Mr Bogo) lie, exaggerate, stretch the truth, and invent new endings in a "tell your favorite story" thread, where can you? Go go tall tales! (as long as they're somewhat feasible, and begin with, "ok, so this one really IS true guys!" ) :D

10. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

I killed a monster, and it dropped an item.

11. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

In an early game, I was playing with two friends. I was a sorc, the other two were a barb and necro.

The barb found a necro head and said, "hey necro you want a head with +1 teeth?"

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

|madman

12. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

ok I'll be serious now and recount some of my favorite pk/duel stories.

Way back in classic, version 1.04, I slowly got attracted to pvp and more specifically pkking. Some well known low level duel/pkers joined the game who I recognised from these forums (when I mostly lurked). Cryo, Michael and Simon then proceeded to kill everyone in the game - except for me as I was a level 4 paladin. That was one of the major turning points in the game.

Same patch: If anyone recognises the SZ clan nowdays, they are a shadow of their former selves. Pretty bad in terms of cheating and whatnot also. Anyhow a level 14 paladin and a level 22 necromancer hostiled my brothers _untwinked_ level 12 bowazon with a socketed chipped bow. He proceeds to kill both of them, followed by a level 18 barb from the same clan set on revenge. For the next 2 days both my brother and I were hunted by the clan because we proceeded to kill another 5 members whilst they were hunting us.

LoD, version 1.09 and onwards
    Got my hands on an awsome weapon, and my first introduction with an unnamed group. Met another 4 guys in the same group and we all made telecros on 3 different realms. Its funny to enter a lld game and hostile them all, shout "all versus me" run outside and 10 seconds later collect 4 ears of the groud.

DF slash kill move versus chargers. DF with 3 charges at the same time they charge you. You switch places without connecting, and 9 times out of 10 they will run back towards you (charge and backoff tactic which is pretty common back then imo) which then gives you a free shot with 3 charges. Very hard to pull off but it is simply amazing to see in action :) Charger ears drop often with this tactic.

Try to save duriel:
    Full hunt. Entered the game when they were almost at the stage where they enter duriels chamber when I hostile. I find them down in Duriels chamber just seconds after they killed him *snif*. Anyhow I kill 5 of the 6 characters as they run around the chamber. 2 of them tried to go up Tyriel's tp but can't (because of hsotility) and die right at his feet.

~5 days after 1.10 patch. Johnny (Evils) had convinced me to give him all of my lld gear (effectively everything. deaths, armor, helm, couple of max jools) so he could make a level 10 barb and pk in sewers. He kills a level 15 sorc, who gets pissed and returns with her level 75 sorc. She is so pissed that she kills a level 16 assy for no reason at all. I enter with my 4th pally (level 77 hammerdin), hostile and ran out after Johnny got his looter. After a while of running about and guaging my opponent I move in for the kill and sure enough a dead leevl 75 sorcs ear is dropped. From what I can gather it was one of the first level 70+ ears on east hc ladder.

Ladder running.
    4 paladins in as many days. Each one got further than the last. Each one got at least one ear with the last paladin killing "the one that got away". effectively another pally who each of my previous paladins had hostiled before passing him in levels.

Note that all bar 2 of my ladder characters got at least one ear. most got roughly 5 before dieing.

Asia 1 server pking
    met up with a few friends who I ran with back in my origional telecro days.
    We made a level 78 telecro using nova, bone spirit and an Iron golem. He hurt and got many many ears.
    Made a level 85 enchanter sorc to pk with. Metalgrid for IG, merc with that fanat aura weapon plus high level enchant = lots and lots of pain.

13. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

It was with in the first 2 weeks of patch i believe, already tired of pvm i collect alot of sharp charms and max jewles(When sharps were 2 for frostburns) I made a charger, lvl 21 and max block and had around 3-4k charge(Not as good as my old 5.7k charger, but very good for so early in patch.) I slaughtered everyone, i pked in norm baals. He collected about 60 or 70 ears probally before dieing to a 56 orb sorc. :) I got so feared to that after he died andi deleted, his name was going before icould make another one in like 2 days, name was EnvyOfTheLight i believe.

14. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

15. Unholy_VI

Unholy_VI IncGamers Member

OK this was back when the asian servers fisrt came online.

I decided to go there and PK and got a bunch of other PKers from this forum to go with me. I made a hammerdin (back then they were really cool pvm but not much good for PK) and the first exceptional weapon I found (a Dacian) I imbued and got 100+ damage.

so I made Sam_Kinison. He was a holyfreeze charger level 25. He became famous and feared within about a week. I used to pk in act 2 a lot so I'd hop over to the lost city wp first to bring darkness to the game. I was wearing a mask with purple horns and some kind of purplish-looking plate armor carying this big two-handed sword around and with the cool looking holy-freeze fog around my feet.

The char looked damn scary and was for a long time. I got scores of ears with him.

One day a good friend of mine a pker from Easst was online there with his level 12 charge paladin. we decided to team up for som pking fun

we got a few ears by having me go into games and help whoever was there for a while then him coming in and hostiling the group.

I would go out to 'fight' him and the reast of the part emboldened by the scary level 25 pala 'helping' them would usually come out to fight as well.

at some point i would work my way to the town entrance and hostile. Worked great for a few games...

then we do that in this one game, my frined hostiles the group all these guys go out with me to fight him...

as he kills one I go in the town host the group and come back out. my bad is fighting toe to toe with a level 15 barb. just as im pressing the button to charge the barb adn finish him, he exits the game.

it was one of those moments in life when time seems to slow down and a second takes an hour. As I watched, powerless to stop it, Sam_Kinison seemd to run in slow motion just like an instant reply as he slammed into my friend's poor little level 12 pike paladin instantly ending his life!

Then I was on the floor howling with laughter and my eyes were so full of tears I couldnt even loot him properly.

Even though I felt bad for my friend who was pretty bummed this was by far the funniest thing that ever happened to me in a game.

:lol:

16. JustMust

JustMust IncGamers Member

- doing hell baal runs in 1.10. an amazon joins the game. I reconised her account as a fairly well known trigger pk in 1.09. So i figure its time for a little payback. she comes down to the wp with no bo or anything, and here come the tp hammers.

- not to far into 1.10. Some1 in gat askes for my help because hs i beinghunted by a lvl 70~ druid and 70~ paladin because he pked one of thier low lvls.

So i join a game with him, and i convice the two guys that iam trying to kill the guy aswell. so long story short we used the low lvl as bait and i killed both of them.