Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shapeshifting/summoning Query

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Kyo, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Shapeshifting/summoning Query

Hi All

I'd like to think i am a fairely experienced db2 player but know little of the druid class so kinda new here so bare with me (no pun intended) :)

I will try and not come across too much like a novice but was just doing some light reading of the guides/faqs. Despite massive rep for the elemental druids (owning) was more intrested to play either shapeshifter/summoning druid or both. I do not duel so mainly play PvM.

Can some of you regulars point me in what builds are popular and why that focuses mainly in summoning/shapeshifting skills. Ideally something that doesn't depend on groups would be nice.

See Dragoons site is quite nifty but was wondering has it been update to suit 1.10?

the werebear/werewolf looks intresting but would like to know what are the main pros/cons for each shapeshifter and the thought of being a wolf/bear as well as having a minion is appealing

Thanks for your patience. :worship:

Kyo

2. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Proud foot's suggestion looks quite good :)

"
    For PvM a Fury Wolf is the best way to go. Basically max Lycanthropy, Fury, Oak Sage, a few in Werewolf, 5-10 in Feral Rage, and then get some summons as meat shields and/or some in Rabies to help with packs.

Summons are good if you have 20+ points to spend into them, usually. With Oak Sage and the Dire Wolf life bonus they'll live pretty long.

Good luck!"

3. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

Wolf:
    Max Lycanthropy, Fury, Oak, Bear
    Rest into Dire wolves. Let +skills take care of Feral Rage and Werewolf.

I'm not too experienced with a bear, but Fireclaws are a good build for them. If you find a 6 socket phase blade and put 6 shael runes it, you'll be swing pretty damn fast.

4. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

Thx looks good. From reading the guides the general idea is that werewolf have faster attacks/more AR whereas the werebear has more dam but slower speed and lower AR?

That about right?

5. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

Werebear has greater speed potential, but with a generally low damage weapon. Werewolves would probably be better for crowd control (Rabies and Fury), whereas Werebears can become an awesome tank/stunner (Shockwave, Maul).