Shapeshifter help

Rachizal

Diabloii.Net Member
Shapeshifter help

I was thinking about making a shapeshifter, and I need a bit of advice:

1.If I was to go wolf, should I max oak or heart? The life sounds very nice, but I like the damage and AR I would need to hit high def barbs and smiters.

2.What about my weapon? Should I try to go 2 hand with a ebotd Tmaul or other two handed weapon, or stick to wep/shield? If I should go with the shield, what weapon? Grief PB? Ebotdz?

3.I want to make the best dueler, but I don't want a rabies druid. Should I even invest in rabies? What would the best PVP route be?

WEARBEAR:

4. How much better would it be if I made a wearbear? Should I forgo the wolf to make the bear?

5. If so, what skillsetup should I use and what equipment?

Rachizal

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, I've been reading around and I see that going with half rabies/half fury would be very benificial, so I would be willing to do so.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
Depending on your gear it's all up to you. Most wolves use oak as AR isnt much of a problem, but some use HoW and are just as good.

Why not both ? Most common 1/h weapons are ebotdz and greif pb. Most people use gpa ebotd or eth tombreaver.

If you're a wolf theres pure fury or fury/rabies. Fury is pretty straight forward. Check the sticky thread for a link to a rabies/fury guide.

Assuming this is all for PVP Bear's are very expensive to make. There's also alot of debate as to how viable it is pvp wise. Theres some who say if with the right gear they are good, but others say it's not true. Either way they have a disadvantage when in comparison to wolves.

Search this forum for "the kodiak" made by zabo. That will tell you everything.
There's also a fireclaws bear, but I'm not sure were to find a decent guide for one. Check the sticky thread.

Rachizal

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm just wondering how I would manage to get a botd gpa or eth tombreaver, they don't seem to be that common.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
Check the trade forums. ebotdgpa shouldn't be that hard to get, an eth tombreaver with 3 sockets.. yeah good luck.

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
the guide by stoutewolf did was good. Dats the guide to really read if you want to make a werewolf. Go the fury /rabies route.

Also know that the more plus to pure life stuff you have the more hitpoints you will have as well.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
Read the fury/rabies guide by remsy.

Also, for pvp you need to have max block and a shield. A 2 hand weapon is useful for casters, windies, and smiters (since you can't block those attacks), but for any melee pvp without a shield and max block you will lose.