Shaper Questions

Sharquin

Diabloii.Net Member
Shaper Questions

hi all,
I've been playing Diablo II LOD for years and have just recently come back to the game. I have always loved Druid ss's and barely play any other class.
Just two quick questions:
1. Does a (singular) 15%ias jewel socketed into a tombreaver hit 5 frames (is this per second?) or is shael the best option.
2. Are ss skill gc's with 40-45 life superior to 20 life sc's with /FRW/ resist all etc.

thx in advance

P.S i play US West (mostly nl) and was wondering how strong the druid ss community is in that realm.

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Shaper Questions

1. Here's that weapon speed calculator.

2. Someone said s/s gcs are better for rabies/fury hybrid and that max/ar/life or max/ar/frw are better for pure fury builds. If you want to do anything with FC s/s lifers are needed there too.

Hope it helps

P.S. East > West

Last edited:

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member

hi all,
I've been playing Diablo II LOD for years and have just recently come back to the game. I have always loved Druid ss's and barely play any other class.
Just two quick questions:
1. Does a (singular) 15%ias jewel socketed into a tombreaver hit 5 frames (is this per second?) or is shael the best option.
2. Are ss skill gc's with 40-45 life superior to 20 life sc's with /FRW/ resist all etc.

thx in advance

P.S i play US West (mostly nl) and was wondering how strong the druid ss community is in that realm.

Maybe I'm an old dog that forgot the tricks but from what I remember ... 2 x ias jewels and a zod in an eth tombreaver hits 4 frames not 5.

ss gc's with life are superior to max/ar/life sc's IF you are using higher damage weapons (ebotdz) ... however if you are using faster lower damage (old school cmsoq, ccsoq, estar, etc.) then ar/max/life sc's are better.

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe I'm an old dog that forgot the tricks but from what I remember ... 2 x ias jewels and a zod in an eth tombreaver hits 4 frames not 5.

ss gc's with life are superior to max/ar/life sc's IF you are using higher damage weapons (ebotdz) ... however if you are using faster lower damage (old school cmsoq, ccsoq, estar, etc.) then ar/max/life sc's are better.
Is that really the case with EBotD Zerk/Grief? I'll have to check on SP/Open. I understand the reasoning behind it, as the higher Skill ED would be way more effective on a high damage weapon, but would it be able to match +111 to the weapon's max damage when fed into slvl 30 Fury (guesstimate based on common Fury gear)? I'll have to look into this...as it will become part of the FAQ, especially if the GC's have it.

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Im pretty sure that on pure fury the max/ar/life scs will benefit you more over ss lifers, with any weapon. Ss lifers will give you more dmg on a hybrid such as fury/rabies.

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member

Im pretty sure that on pure fury the max/ar/life scs will benefit you more over ss lifers, with any weapon. Ss lifers will give you more dmg on a hybrid such as fury/rabies.
That's what I had always figured, but if that's the case, all they add more of is AR. Both will be using a similar weapon more than likely, especially if pubbing, and the SS lifers will add a bit more life. 20-25k AR seems sufficient for just about anything, considering most classes that go all out Def you won't hit a lot of the time anyway, so best to make each one hurt all the more (Damage is King, afterall, and it seems more and more that "Damage" also adds to life). More feedback/some testing would be awesome, and like I said, when I get the chance I'll whip up something on SP and see how it looks.

Voice

Diabloii.Net Member

That's what I had always figured, but if that's the case, all they add more of is AR. Both will be using a similar weapon more than likely, especially if pubbing, and the SS lifers will add a bit more life. 20-25k AR seems sufficient for just about anything, considering most classes that go all out Def you won't hit a lot of the time anyway, so best to make each one hurt all the more (Damage is King, afterall, and it seems more and more that "Damage" also adds to life). More feedback/some testing would be awesome, and like I said, when I get the chance I'll whip up something on SP and see how it looks.
Like i said its been awhile since i played ... but when i did testing and dueled some of the top players ... the last consensus that I remember being made after doing testing w/ a lot of different gear was what I stated above ... although it seems that it was very similar ... we noticed the ar/max/life charms tended to be better for lower damage weapons and ss lifers for high damage weapons ...

BAMFSpecialOps

Diabloii.Net Member

Say you're using 37 perfect max/ar/life scs, 111 more max dmg, 740 more ar, 740 more life that gets multiplied, the scs would give you more life/ar im just unsure on the dmg part. I'm actually quite wondering the difference myself now...

Sharquin

Diabloii.Net Member

I thought the scs gave more life? Correct me if im wrong. Im not sure at all in the damage or ar part i guess im going to have to test and find out...