Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shaman Idea

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Sim.The.GoSu, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

Shaman Idea

I was thinking of making a Shaman style summoner for fun play and maybe mf.

The druid would be in WB form for Swave while his summons would do the killing.

Skills:::

1 WB/Lyc
    1 WW(req)
    1 Swave
    1 Maul(req)

Total:5

10 oak
    20 HoW
    20 Dire wolves
    20 Grizzly
    1 Carrion
    5 Raven

Total: 80~

Grand total: ~85

Finished at ~75.

Stats:::

130 str
    150 dex
    rest vita

GEAR:::

SS/WIZ
    Jalals
    Tals armor(MF)
    Skin(PvM)
    Aldurs boots
    Raven
    FCR ring
    Frostburns
    Highlords(got nothing else)

How does enraged work on dire wolves?

2. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Hi,

It looks good if certain assupmtions are true. The first assumption is that you will not be going far into hell. The only reason I say that is because you are thinking of finishing at 75 and not considering another branch of dmg. That is what do you do about phys immune? Phys Immune also works on Shockwave for your info. If this isnt correct, my assupmtion taht is, then you need to include a a way to deal with physical immune.

Also, there is no reason to semi max one spirit and then max the other. Skill points are valuable and you can only have one spirit out at one time so figure out which you prefer. IMO your gonna be better of with a 20 pt HOW and 1 pt OS. Also because they your summons are killing things, you want the most dmg and best chance to hit. Also becuase summons have a penalty vs act bosses.

Also, the fcr though good on paper isnt as effective as you think. ITs kinda redundant. Sure you will shockwave faster but the problem is that shockwave does pidly dmg. If your thinking you can stun everyone forever, you can do that without the fcr and just enough points in it. Meaning there is better use for your item slots. Also because of this, the frostburns are not neccessary at all. If anything, get chancies for more mf.

Just some things to think about.

3. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

yeah great points about that.

20 howolverine is it, otherwise youlld do dinky damage. consider using the unused skill points in spirit wolves and Ravens.

I guess it could work though if you shock stuff like mad. I would go for a heart of the oak if you can afford, you have an ss and highlords so im assuming some wealth here. a darkclan crusher would be good or an upgraded fleshrender if you decide to attack a boss (darkclan does 395% damage vs act bosses!!).
    I agree with not using fcr. yeah it will shoot it out faster, but you must look at the skill! notice how its duration increases with skill points? so hoto/+2 druid ammy/shako/chance guards/tal armour/sshield/tal-belt/ravenfrost/mf ring or soj/aldur boots or wt's, is how i would play it. that would give some fcr and massively increase the duration. SOme skill gc's be usefull for this build. if you put like 3-4 points with a bunch of +skill items on, you can really boost the stun into a high duration.

might merc or defense merc be equal here. tal armour has a lot of armour, so does jalal and sshield, so it might be hot to defensive merc. Defensive merc would also shine on a summoned furry thing that has several points into Spirit wolves, multiplies its defense.

I actually like this build idea a lot. youll be a tank with like max or near max block, near max dr, max res all, long stun length and summons. hm interesting.... well gota go to work :D

i dont think you need to be concerned about PI, hardly ever find them.

4. Sim.The.GoSu

Ok I agree the oak thing is dumb

Maybe if I save those points, and maybe put them in some sort of ele dmg? But which one?

The reason I used fcr is because I have no other one that would really help him but I guess I could try.

The HoTo idea is a nono because I really cant afford one. Though I am considering suicide branch if I don't need the wizspike res.

Max block is for sure and I will have 35 PDR.

The PI was also my main concern, since I can't afford a reapers toll either. Maybe 10 in firestorm and with + skills it might go up.

5. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

I think this is a pretty interesting build idea. Here are my two cents. I have absolutely no idea how viable this will be, but I think it sounds like it could be fun:

1 Werebear
    14 Lycanthropy
    20 Shockwave
    2 prereqs (werewolf/maul)

20 Spirit of Barbs
    20 Spirit Wolves
    20 Dire Wolves
    10 Grizzly
    3 prereqs (Oak/HOW/Ravens)

You'd put out 5 Spirit Wolves and the Spirit of Barbs, shockwave the crap out of everything, and just let everything kill themselves. You'd be recasting the wolves alot, so you'll need mana (think wizspide or something like that). But it's be fun to finally see someone using SoB.

6. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Problem with that is that if they're Shockwaved they can't hit anything...

My suggestion:

20 HoW
    20 Grizzly
    20 Dire Wolves
    5-10 Spirit Wolves
    Rest in Lycanthropy and Shockwave

Then get an act 2 merc (Might or Holy Freeze or something) and give him Reaper's Toll or another weapon with Decrepify or Amplify Damage.

7. Sim.The.GoSu

But I was wondering. how does enraged dire wolves work?

8. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

When they are Enraged they receive 100% Enhanced Damage, on top of the Grizzly bonus, HoW bonus, etc. So their damage isn't doubled, the percentage is just added on to the Grizzly percentage, the HoW percentage, Might percentage, etc etc.

9. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

Shockwave would just be used to keep things off your back, not your wolves backs. But taking that into consideration it may be a smarter idea to max lychanthropy and only put 14 in shockwave. And if you find that the spirit wolves die too fast you could always throw out the 3 dire wolves instead. I think the biggest problem with this build is that the skill you're relying on the most (SoB) is a clvl 30 skill. So getting to 30 will take some effort.

10. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

max block for sure?

i dont know, if you have shockwave and summons to be the meat shields, i think its better if you pumped vit instead to fend off elemental attacks, this is pvm, not pvp, maxing block isnt that important IMO... well in certain cases maybe, but not for this build.

11. Sim.The.GoSu

Ok I'll think about it kaz. And I AM NOT using SoB.

12. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

What about a BEAST Runeword to make your Dire Wolves or Grizzlies attack increased.

You might think that Hurricane for its chill effect. Molten Boulder has a nice knockback effect.

you'll be trying to stack + Summon stuff and charms.

13. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

hm, have a stone armourd, delirium wearing, doom holding might merc, use a beast stick in your hand, have 8 summong gc's and loads of skills (some mf too!) and this might work in a different way. beast idea is a good one, less skills but surely more damage output than using +3 hoto. the +3 werebear and lycanthropy.. didnt even factor that in! great idea :D.

also i wouldnt put stuff into lycanthropy, id go more points into werebear. seems you get more goodies there in my opinion.

hm im thinking of my own build, where you max out summons, yet... eh gota sleep :D

14. Sim.The.GoSu

I might also make him a hybrid

Like go 5wb/10 lyc and 5 maul.

Then max dire/grizz/HoW

Thats a total of 80 and after that I can boost wb/maul to 10 each and then maybe max lyc.

15. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

hmmm to me, you seem to be running your skill points thin, it already seems like a hybrid because you're in bear form to shockwave, you cast summons as your main attack and IIRC you were going to use elementals to fend off PI's.

this build seems to be becoming more and more like the commando necro (its a necro with Beast thats in bear form that use skele summons) by Kbob. if so, refer to his guide, if its still intact. i was going to make one, it seems so awesome.

16. Sim.The.GoSu

Commando necro, so sweet, tryied on sp(made the runes and looked so hard to find a zerker axe..)

The PIs on this build will be killed with bstar/tiamats switch.

17. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Also don't forget a weapon switch when you are casting your minions, with plus druid skills or HoTo and Lidless Eye Shield. This will let you Pre-buff your minions.

18. Sim.The.GoSu

But I was also thinking if I drop the idea of summons and go one fc synergie, maul and HoW and of course FC

19. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

kaz beat me to the KBob reference another option is a Rabid Wolf with a Carrion Wind or maxing Poison Creeper or the Decrepify charges on Steelspell Bearded Axe

20. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Or mang songs ^^ go go prebuff.