Shako vs COA

uptoolayte

Diabloii.Net Member
Shako vs COA

I currently have a hammer/smite/charge setup and was wondering if using a ber shako would be better than my ber ber COA. I love the 31 DR which takes me up to 39 DR with nigma. I use the following:

ber ber coa
Spirit sacred rondache (45 base res) ( still trying to get 35 fcr!!!)
397 grief PB
waterwalks
nigma
trangs (to be replaced by a 20 ias +dex str res gloves when I get 35 fcr on spirit)
arachs
+2 skills +30 str, +all res +mana ammy
raven
fcr ring with str, mana, res

I have TONS of life/res/ar/def charms and 3 pcombats +life gcs.
I'll have over 4k life once I get 35 fcr on spirit and change my ammy and gloves

Should I switch to Shako?

Littlewoodenboy

Diabloii.Net Member
well u think of the benifits. if u keep the ber ber coa u will have more dr then going to a ber shako

ber shako will give u 1 more to skills and more life. if u want more than 4k life and 1 skill point more than go with shako. if u want more dr and resistance. than go with coa. its up to u. my personal opinion is DR and resistance is very important not that life isnt but u can make up the extra life else where. like in charms or crafted gloves rings or ammys. up to you

Azzaron

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree with Littlewoodenboy that extra DR% (physical resistance) is more important than life. However, I personally would choose the extra killing power offered by shako's extra plus to skills.

... unless you're hardcore :)

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
if pvm, i prefer shako over CoA. if pvp, maxing the cap for DR is quite important.

levitikus

Diabloii.Net Member
agreed with above! Pre reqs very high for COA too. but it is ultimately the best pvp helm for most melee chars.

uptoolayte

Diabloii.Net Member
well right now with coa I have 3950 life and with my future setup (when I get my spirit to 35 fcr) I'll have 4050 life. I have base str so coa is not a problem to put on with my str bonuses from items.