*Shakes Hands*

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi everyone,

I'm a recently retired US West Hardcore Ladder Player. I mostly soloed and self found. I killed off my WW barb 3 weeks into the current ladder season when I found a 220ed The Cranium Basher, which is the highlight of my item finding career. That character, though dead, is still 40th on the barbarian ladder. I quit after finding the maul, but the real motivation for strictly playing single player was that I was tired of competing with BO barbs that ran 24/7 and could only gain their experience by jumping in a paladin bot portal. I had over 30 nonladder mule accounts, but I never used them for trading nor pvp. I was just a hoarder. They have all expired (including my self found hrs mule) and I now have 3 account's left with a total of 9 characters in all.

Since retiring to single player I've made 12 different hardcore barbarians and lately I've been making a barbarian on /players 8 only using self found blue/magic items. I mule off the character using gomule, but I do not mule onto the character at all. I also only sell blue/magic items to the npcs. My merc is also only geared with blue items.

I don't use any mods of any kind, and I don't use ladder content on single player. Like I said, though, I do use gomule and Sven's GR. I do sometimes use a second machine which has an enchantress and a bo barb on it, but it's rare. I not sure if that is against the forum rules. If it is I apologize.

I'm not on social media, though I use to be. The Blizzard D2 forum and the D3 forum is all I post on these days. I tried the fool's gold site for 3 months a few years ago but couldn't find anyone to actually trade--everyone there only seem to know how to cheat by using an out of game currency. I owned a small legit single player tcp/ip community on facebook a few years ago, but I wasn't happy with facebook as a whole so I left the site completely. I also use to have a YouTube barbarian tutorial channel, but I deleted that as I was constantly harassed by the fool's gold/pvp/bot community.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm here, but I stumbled across this site when I was trying to find a link to the original Blizz archived D2 forums, which I never found. I liked what I read here and wish I found it when I started playing in 2003. I've played ladder and/or single player almost every day for 16 years, and I look forward to learning new things and sharing my experience.

-AtomicPunk

Formally known as Endugu, BearTribe and ParlourTrixx. I'm the guy with the throwing potions that Rhykker and Brevik talk about. :)

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
Could someone provide me with a link to learn the forum abbreviations? The link provided in the sticky post form 12 years ago by a member who was banned 7 years ago doesn't work. It just tells me I can't access it because I'm not an admin. The link is called "Terms, Abbreviations and Acronyms for D2 - Older version by Alainpp66"

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Here

If you know the name of a thread, you can google it. Many links got broken in the forum update about a month ago.

I wanted to greet you welcome, but now I know what kind of person you are ...
It seems to be an elitist single player forum that uses unauthorized ladder content and gomule rune duping.

Last edited:

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
Expressing my observations thus far of the forum makes me a "kind of person"? This forum is a business isn't it, accepts money from patrons? What kind of business provides broken services and ignores new client?

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Expressing my observations thus far of the forum makes me a "kind of person"? This forum is a business isn't it, accepts money from patrons? What kind of business provides broken services and ignores new client?
Well it was free to register, wasn't it? ;) the mods here work for free as well.
And I only made an observation too about you - the typical "I am an old HC ladder player who now got tired of everyone who is not playing the same way I do so instead of building my own community I go to other communities and bash them instead" not the first time I have seen your "kind" here.

I could not find anything about patreon for this site but nevertheless, it is a difference between donations and payment...

Last edited:

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
And I only made an observation too about you - the typical "I am an old HC ladder player who now got tired of everyone who is not playing the same way I do so instead of building my own community I go to other communities and bash them instead" not the first time I have seen your "kind" here.
You are actually attacking me, my person, attempting to character assassinate me, not making an observation. You are trolling me and flaming me. I've asked for help and got none, I posted in the new comer forum and was not greeted, and so I shared my observations on the atmosphere of the forum, and all I get is you being a troll. So be it.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
You attacked the members of this forum by accusing us of being elitists and duping runes, am I right? Attacking the community is to attack the members of if.
I gave you the link you wanted am I right? So you got help? I answered your questions in how to find the UT99 challenge thread right?

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
You
You attacked the members of this forum by accusing us of being elitists and duping runes, am I right?
I was making an observation. It upset you, no one else, just you, not even a mod and it was a valid observation. You on the other hand are racking up the posts by constantly attacking me in multiple threads. But that's ok, if it makes you feel better to troll me across the forum, have at it. I know enough about psychology to understand the source of all your troll comments toward me.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
And I know enough psychology to understand why you have the need of attacking the community ("buuhuu noone greeted me welcome")

How do you even observe GoMule rune duping btw?

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
I d
And I know enough psychology to understand why you have the need of attacking the community
I didn't attack the community. I made an observation, one that didn't send the mod that read it into a tizzy, in fact that person responded with an answer and was completely unscathed by my comment, but you, well, you go you.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
tbh I do not think that mod even read what you wrote.

So if calling this community "an elitist single player community that dupes runes in GoMule" isn't an attack, then I am santa claus :) Merry Xmas!

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
I
Here

If you know the name of a thread, you can google it. Many links got broken in the forum update about a month ago.

I wanted to greet you welcome, but now I know what kind of person you are ...
I was interested in knowing the forum abbreviations. I guess I'll ask when I see them, I'm not proud. What is FAM?

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
tbh I do not think that mod even read what you wrote.

So if calling this community "an elitist single player community that dupes runes in GoMule" isn't an attack, then I am santa claus :) Merry Xmas!
Can I recommend a good book?

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I was interested in knowing the forum abbreviations. I guess I'll ask when I see them, I'm not proud. What is FAM?
You wrote

Could someone provide me with a link to learn the forum abbreviations? The link provided in the sticky post form 12 years ago by a member who was banned 7 years ago doesn't work. It just tells me I can't access it because I'm not an admin. The link is called "Terms, Abbreviations and Acronyms for D2 - Older version by Alainpp66"
so I gave you that link you were asking for.

I think the SPF (Single Player Forum) rules https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/spf-community-and-links.961215/ should cover the forum specific abbreviations? FAM means Forum Accepted Mod. Let me know if you have other questions regarding abbreviations

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
And thank you for the accusation of being an elitist who dupes runes in GoMule :)
If that helps you feel better about yourself and heals that little string that has you in a tizzy, then you are welcome. The book I recommend is called The 4 Agreements, specifically chapter 2.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
If that helps you feel better about yourself and heals that little string that has you in a tizzy, then you are welcome. The book I recommend it called the 4 agreements, specifically chapter 2.
You must be an expert on that chapter since it seems that you took it personal that no one greeted you welcome and gave you the link to the abbreviations thread :) Did it made you feel better in typing that stuff btw? Was a stone lifted off your shoulder or something?

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
You must be an expert on that chapter since it seems that you took it personal that no one greeted you welcome and gave you the link to the abbreviations thread
Or it was a well crafted comment to get the answer I was looking for, but you and your emotional train wreck, that's just gravy. I'll let you have the last comment in my new comer thread.