Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shael or ED/IAS jewel in zerker axe?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Kip, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

Shael or ED/IAS jewel in zerker axe?

I have a question on the attack speed for my vengeance pally. He will eventually be using a 426% ED Berserker axe with a built in 10% IAS (Wish it were more but alas....) My question is will a shael or an ED/IAS jewel help this axe out speed wise on my pally? If so does it have to be the shael or will I get the same speed difference if I somehow get my hands on an IAS/DMG jewel (don't have on right now but I will keep hoping.....I can remove the shael if I find one.) Any information is greatly appreciated.

Kip

2. Ragnarok-

Ragnarok- IncGamers Member

I think that the damage would be more helpful for a Vengeance pally, so more or less, you're not going to hit the frames that a zealot hits, so I say use ias/ed. Also, you can add ias into other gear, ie, gaze. And highlords adds 20% if you choose not to use the gelics combo. That's just my opinion though, if I'm gonna get a hit in, i'd want it to kill. ;) gl with that pally

3. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

Yeah, I know he won't be as insanely fast as previous pallys that I have done in 09. So basically are you saying that in terms of regular attacks it doens't matter where the IAS comes from? More IAS in your weapon will not help any more than having it on you gloves and the rest of your gear? IF this is the case then I have to say that I agree, 5% can be picked up elsewhere. Thanks for the input, I was kinda hoping that this was the case so I can maybe get even a little bit more damage into this beast. With maxed conviction I am guessing that this axe is gonna hurt a little bit.

Kip

4. Ed_MarloZon

Ed_MarloZon IncGamers Member

Are you concerned about IAS that much? Do you have to have any in your weapon. If you can hit the BP you want with out the 15% I would consider an OHM rune for the 50% ED.

5. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Yup, ias from any gear is the same as ias added to your weapon (via stats / jewels / runes).

6. fiend!

fiend! Banned

I say IAS for Vengeance pals. I don't know the conversion rates, but speed > damage, least that's the way I see it.

editing, on second thought, IAS/ED sounds better than shael...5% IAS doesn't sound like much of a difference to me.