Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

shael in stormshield?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Arc, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Arc

Arc IncGamers Member

shael in stormshield?

Hi
    I'm playing a wind druid (mostly pvp) and i was just wondering if going from 7 (clean storm) to 6 (shael ss) frames per block is worth the extra 23 str points i could save if i put a -req jevel instead of shael.
    Thx for any input.

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

I wouldn't do it for a caster, you wanna get hit as little as possible...

3. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

the fbr according to shannon is worth it. plus, im imagining you wearing Enigma.... so str shouldnt be an issue?

4. Arc

Arc IncGamers Member

I know that but enigma babas and ww sins are hard to evade.
    Sometimes it's just better to tank their ww and fill them with cold air. :D

Well it is when you have 15 :xeek: base str.

5. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

I have 15 base str also. I can wear storm without -req, dunno why you couldnt?

6. Arc

Arc IncGamers Member

Well the only items that give me str are: enigma(70 at my lev), sandstorm trek(15), anihilus(20). On a crafted amy you can get up to 30 str (good luck getting one) with base str of 15 that's total of 150...and that's still 6 points short to storm req. Unless i wear charms with str i can't wear ss even with perfect items.
    Btw my items are:
    spirit keeper(i wear it for the 25% cold absorb, and 10% to max poison res. Probably could change to a jalals for a 20 str boost but i really don't know, keeper helps a lot vs cold sorcs and poison necs).
    enigma in breast plate.
    crafted amy with +1 druid, 20 fcr, cold res(trying to get a better one).
    ss with -req.
    hoto.
    arachnid.
    20 dex raven.
    soj.
    magefist.
    sandstorm trek.

7. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

I HIGHLY not suggest riding on + to str from gear. Reallfugitive uses breast plate enigma and other things to ride SS, though I do not like his build because I went over it and it has holes such as not perfect res (unless he it toting lots of charms) and not even max dr. You might have alot of life my friend, but what good is it if you get hit 2x as bad?

If you ride your items off str and happen to die, either in PvP or PvM, you have a bod. Then you have to click your bod 2x or 3x to get all of your gear. What if whatever that killed you the first time kills you again? Whoops 2 corpes. More and more can stack up in a PvP situation and then if you save and exit... only one bod goes with, deleting the others and any items on them.

If you want to reduce your str, go with str gained from charms. I would not rely on floating your gear with other + str gear unless you are rich and like living with that risk that could happen just because of a brain fart.

Arc: I wouldn't go raven. Cannot Be Frozen does nothing for a caster. Cold doesn't slow cast rate. Yes, the 20 dex is nice, but having alot more mana and another skill level is a whole lot nicer. Also, go with trangs gloves for your druid. The tiny 25% mana regen will not be felt all that much and if you are in PvP, it won't regen fast enough to make a difference. Want mana regen? Drink a pot.

Also, on helms: Keeper = bad. Maybe switch your rings for ravens vs. a sorc or switch to that vs. a cold sorc that's ok, but not for anything else. I have seen ZERO Psn necro duelers.

Check out Fenris Wolf's Wind guide:

Dah GUIDE!

Shako > Jala's > Spirit Keeper any day.

~Kbob

8. Arc

Arc IncGamers Member

On my char soj gives about 90 mana while raven 40 with 20 dex and cbf.
    Even with shako i can't teleport constantly because of my low mana pool so cbf is mandatory imho when fighting tele babas(can walk out of their ww range faster) or cold sorcs (can chase them better).
    You may have a point about trangs>magefist but like i said with my low mana cripples my ability to tele a lot and spam tornados or recast cyclone/oak very often, i'll test if the 25% mana reg is better than the 30% cold res.
    About drinking...no comment as potting is bm even in pubbies.(atleast to me).
    Finally i'm beginning to see that jalals is superior to keeper but i can't see how shako is best. Sure you have 130 more life and mana and hit the cap on dr but jalals give 20 str and nrj, 30 fhr(i want to have 99 fhr on my switch and with shako that's either a shael +2 fhr sc or 6 fhr sc), and 30 res (with shako that's um + 3 res sc or 6 res sc) so i think i'll go with jalals for my dru.
    Thanks all for your input, more comments on my equip, tactics and the topic of this thread are greatly appreciated and most welcome.:)

9. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

Actually k-bob, I do have max DR (49%), and my resists may not be maxed(69 all) but since when do you need maxed resists? Cyclone armor absorbs everything a sorc, or templar will use except fireball. I have something else for that if they want to play cheap.

I personally don't use stormshield but I could easily equip it if I wanted to and change my whole build around in a split second. I might not have 75% block but I'm sure it would be around 65% or so and that is definately good eneough for most every situation. As I get 30str from belt (30str 24%fhr 59life minor resists) I will have no need of worrying about secondary bodies.

There is nothing I've ran into that can beat me except another wind druid or a extremely good hammerdin (uh lol?), and those poison/bone necros (noobies can win with those).

I don't have any problems whatsoever agianst any-other classes. Perhaps the people I'm dueling agianst suck? Yes, well publics do suck, the duelers suck in general.

Anyway thats my rant.