Shadowhearts Covenant.

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadowhearts Covenant.

Well, I've seen the game being played by my friends back in Pakistan. It looked amazing, lots of fun, and pretty long, just like an RPG should be like. I was just wondering if anyone here has played it, and if so, what did they think of it? I'm thinking of picking this up along with Suikoden 4.

Is it just me or is there a lack of good RPGS nowdays on the market. It's either waiting for the next Final Fantasy (didn't like X all that much, good game, but not great like 6 and 7. Infact, I liked 9 more than X.X-2 was decent as well, but it's hard to get over the entire Charlie's Angels/pop music exterior) or playing my Warcraft 3 mods.

Draconis

Diabloii.Net Member
SH: Covenant is a good, bizarre, occasionally seriously ****ed-up game. I would recommend playing the first game (Shadow Hearts) and if possible the PS1 prequel (Koudelka) first, however. I remember thinking as I played through Covenant recently 'wow, this would make -no- sense to someone who hadn't played the first one'.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member
I have it and I liked it. I read some reviews for suikoden 4 and also saw some screenshots of the game and the graphics are no better than suiko 3. The party control is terrible I read, you dont control 6 chars individually, I think only 4, or something. I love the suikoden series but it's going downhill since suiko 2.

kryo

Diabloii.Net Member
I have SH2, very good game IMO. As to Suikoden 4, I've heard almost nothing but bad reviews, so I'd probably steer clear of it (Especially since they say it's worse than 3 was, and I personally thought 3 was very poor compared to 2).

If you're looking for another good RPG and haven't gotten them yet, get Star Ocean 3 and/or Xenosaga 1/2.