Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shadow "The Game-Crasher" Master

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by w-igor, Aug 27, 2010.

1. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

Shadow "The Game-Crasher" Master

It looks like Shadow Master crashes PVP games :( Is it true? Why it exists now? Because is far as I remember in 1.12 there wasn't any bug like that. What to do now to crush the game? Any other idea except "don't use shadow"?

W-igor

2. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Re: Shadow "The Game-Crasher" Master

Highly doubt it, as the shadow is just another minion - considering server stability and items (ears and gold mostly) on ground, there's usually another reason for the crashing.

3. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

Maybe it's not about the Shadow but it SURELY is about the assassin. Though some games crash after 15 sec of dueling with assa and some don't. But it's always about the assasin (I've also noticed it crushes mostly when there are a lot of -mine- WoF on the ground and I tele-WW: it crashes in the most interesting moment :p)

4. dryzalizer

dryzalizer IncGamers Member

CoS will crash your game every now and then (about once per difficulty level it happens to me, but I love CoS). I doubt they fixed the problem in 1.13.

5. Tanksaabas

Tanksaabas IncGamers Member

Using CoS in the ancients duel may crash the game. Also have heard reports that those soul statue things in act 4 may cause crashes also. This should be all I think.

6. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I have a lot of experience with Assassins in Single Player, and there, CoS will crash the game if any of the following is within CoS area-of-effect both when it´s cast and when it times out:

* Crow nest
    * Mummy Sarcophagus
    * Trapped Soul
    * Evil Demon Hut
    * An Ancient

So if I happen to cast it so it affects any of these, I will run a couple of screens away until CoS times out (not that this is possible on The Arreat Summit...).

This is one of the reasons I prefer Shadow Warrior over Shadow Master. A SW will not cast CoS unless I coax her into doing it.

7. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

However in PvP, you're actually counting on your SM to make use of powers you don't currently have ready, like her off screen MB since she basically sees farther than you do.

Never bothered with CoS in a duel, usually targets are either moving too fast for it to be useful or unnecessary for those that are easily affected by it.

PvM wise, its always quite helpful vs ranged like archers and gloams.