Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shadow Master...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Mezion, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Mezion

Mezion Diabloii.Net Member

Is killing everything, including the game itself.

Well, I think its "her" since it seems tied to using Cloak. Anyone knows whats up? I usually dont use one so this crash is kind of new to me. What actually occurs, her using cloak while mine is still on?

2. Mezion

to add more detail, so far it happened during the ancients, and out of nowhere in far Oasis.

3. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

Cloak of Shadows has an unfortunate side-effect of crashing when cast on certain enemies.
    The wyrm spawners (or the baby wyrms themselves) in Act 4 can cause this, but I'm not sure what else. (Possibly maggot babies as well, but I can't recall.) Maybe certain immobile creatures (glass window panes in A4?) also cause this, but not sure.

Which Act(s) does it happen most, and what enemies are nearby? Best bet is to put the Shadow Master away for a little bit.

Edit to post #2: I believe the Ancients cause this too. One moment please.
    Edit: Apparently, using Cloak of Shadows verse the Ancients in a multiplayer game will cause everyone present to disconnect. I could imagine some trolling happening there.

Thinking about it, perhaps it's because it "works" on certain mobs (Ancients,) who are technically bosses and cannot have their vision range removed. Dim Vision doesn't work on the Ancients, but Cloak of Shadows works differently and is not exactly a curse. Perhaps the game is trying to make CoS work on a mob that can be affected, but cannot have their vision removed. [Just trying to recall, as it is a well-known and frustrating bug.]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  4. Dezrok

Dezrok Diabloii.Net Member

In addition to Ancients I've found Cloak of Shadows causes crashes when there are monsters that spawn other monsters. In the Far Oasis this would be the Black Raptor Nests. Also happens with Grotesques where they are found.

I can't remember it ever happening with maggots. The eggs hatch the baby maggots all at once rather than spawning individual monsters like the others maybe? Whatever the mechanics the maggots seem to be safe.

Very frustrating and as you can't turn Cloak off for the Shadow Master then it usually means not using her in areas where spawners spawn.

5. Mezion

I can confirm that I was fighting raptors. I guess I'll be careful in those area, thanks a lot! I'll just use Shadow Warrior while going through those sections.

6. Mezion

I swear to god this is not my evening...

So you see this lovely doorway? Seems that after some heavy death sentry actions on dolls its completely blocked even if we can clearly see that I should be able to go in. God damn it lol. This became a "my sin is cursed" thread I guess.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

Lol. Bad luck on the odd blocked doorway bug. XD I can't recall ever coming across that one. Hopefully you can push her through that doorway and onto Baal. Good luck with your 'sin.

Dezrok added good information. Grotesque/ their baby wyrms is the one I was thinking of that I recall has caused the crash for me.
    Perhaps not on the Maggots, so it could be a bug with creatures caused by spawning individual, and/or unique monsters like the Ancients.

8. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Never had any issues with the skill in SP. We did have a few full disconnects (full = the entire party) with our Amazon Basin group game, where we all play Assassin in the current iteration, in which we use and abuse CoS a lot. Either our characters themselves, or our Shadow Warriors.

Forgot about the fact that this could be due to CoS actually. I only ever heard about it crashing when cast at the Ancients, but I thought that even that was a thing of the past. Guess not.

I'll pay closer attention to which enemies we are fighting at the time, when it happens again.