Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shadow Master Question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by encorex, May 20, 2005.

1. encorex

encorex IncGamers Member

Shadow Master Question

when a shadow master is unsummoned/killed, how much dmg does it do? Does it depend on the skill lvl?

2. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Next to nothing. It is independent of level - I think it was equivalent to level 6 Nova (give or take 4 levels) with no boosting from any source.

3. yuqing

yuqing IncGamers Member

its all item dependant, its random from what item ur shadow equips whether it cast frost nova, nova or w/e when it dies. lvl may be taken into affect since there are sweetpoints in items for shadowmasters usually around lvl 17-18 which may affect the nova lvl

4. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

No, just flat-out NO. The nova when it dies is a function of the shadow itself. The skill can never be Frost Nova. You are getting confused with the magic/rare mod "Cast X when struck" which can be found on Shadow Master/Warrior equipment.

I suggest browsing the page on Arreat Summit for item mods. Prefixes and suffixes can be found here:
    Prefixes
    Suffixes

Note that even the best-case scenario does next to no damage, and is not something that triggers "on death" like the Rainbow Facet unique jewels.

The Strategy Compendium (follow the link in the FAQ Update thread) gives all the equipment that can spawn on Shadows. Note that Warriors and Masters are different.

5. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Heheh, I think you're confusing different things there. I've tested it a fair amount and found no significant variation in nova damage regardless of SM (or SW) level. Although they're capable of spawning with CTC on being hit Nova and Frost Nova gear, that has nothing to do with their death nova.

I don't remember what I came up with for a damage range, but I do recall that it couldn't kill anything past the first couple of areas in Act 1.

6. encorex

encorex IncGamers Member

kk thnx for the input