Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Shadow Master Equipment

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Michux, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Michux

Michux IncGamers Member

Shadow Master Equipment

I read somewhere that the skill lvl affects your sahdow master equipement.
    Does anybody have a table with this information, because i couldnt find it again.
    Thanks.

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Full credit to Ilkori for the information below:

Shadows
    Shadows are the faithful companions and fighting decoys of the Assassins. They have minds of their own (AI), are able to spawn equipment, use skills, and have a number of nice defensive characteristics as well. Only one (total) may be cast at a time, and they do not have access to the benefits of Claw Mastery, Weapon Block, or the ability to cast a additional Shadow. Both cast their own spell levels at the level of (shadow)/3 + (yours)/2 + (shadow equipment). This also applies to synergies, which do not seem to be capped by the normal 20 available to players. Equipment bonuses and Fade are on top of the general attributes, which means they recieve any added MF, +skills, and resists. Final MF is yours + shadow equipment.

Shadow Warrior
    This is generally the choice of players who prefer to control their minions. Warriors use Assassin skills on your mouse buttons (only assassin and excluding shadows).

General Stats
    Equipment
    Shadow Master (0, 1+)
    Equipment

3. pek

pek IncGamers Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I spawn slvl30 SM being myself at clvl80 does that mean that my shadow will use all her skills at slvl50 (30/10 + 80/2 with no +skills on equipment) and if that wouldn't be enough all would be synergized at lvl50? This sounds way too powerful.

Ah... Almost forget about that item level of her equipment being 114 (24+3*30).

4. FrostBurn

You're right, it would be way too powerful. The part that says '(yours)/2' actually refers to your skill level, as opposed to your character level. Here is an example of how it works:

5. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

It's "your level in the relevant skill", rather than "your level".

edit: omgwtfbbqpwnd by frostburn :D

6. pek

pek IncGamers Member

OK, thanks for clearing this out.

7. kezkoal

kezkoal IncGamers Member

pls can u post where u have found this info?

i whant to know the % that the shadow warrior use the especial atack u have selected in your left mouse button.

thanks

8. BIGeyedBUG

That's not something that's known.

9. SoAmazing

SoAmazing IncGamers Member

Still, we agree that the shadow warrior isn't better than shadow master right?

10. FrostBurn

No we don't. Life is never as simple as 'this is better than that' or 'this is the best setup'... but I digress.

The shadow to use depends on your preferences, your build, your needs, your playstyle, blah blah blah.

11. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

All of the info in those quotes can be found from two places. They are actually cited correctly. The FAQ is the one linked to in the FAQ update thread (follow the link in the sticky). Zath is a poster on the Amazon Basin who researched this when 1.10 was released. 1.11 and 1.11b made no known skill changes.

12. BIGeyedBUG

What Frostburn said. :laugh:

13. Quickdeath

Quickdeath IncGamers Member

I did make a 'Sin based around optimizing a Shadow Warrior. Basically, I maxed Shadow Warrior and the first trap skill (Fire Blast). The Fire Blast skill has 6 synergies so I put at least one hard point in each synergy, and then set about maxing three of the synergies (D Sentry, LSentry and I got Shock Web up to 13.)

I wore two claws, each with +3 to traps skills -so this was +6 into each of six synergies (also into Fire Blast) - and then wore as much + X to skills as possible. I would prebuff my Shadow Warrior up to lvl 27 or 30 and then force him to use a lvl 31 Fire Blast with about + 12 to skills in all synergies.

So this Warrior should have had an Uber-Fire Blast.

The problem was that the Warrior would see a monster and run up to it and hit it. The Warrior did this even with the Fire Blast skill selected on both my right and left clicks. The Warrior would sometimes throw the Fire Blast, especially if it had trouble running to the monster -but overall it was disappointing.

It would really be interesting to better understand the AI of teh Warrior and Master. The Master seems to use PStrike, MBlast and LSentry a lot -what else does it use? Is the Master's choice of attack skill affected by the number of hard skill points you've invested in skills?

14. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

The Master can use any Assassin skill that you can put onto a button. (i.e. everything but Weapon Block and Claw Mastery.)

What the Master decides to use is more complicated and depends on the situation (number of monsters, their formation, things like that), the skill levels the Master uses, and a base frequency assigned to each skill. Things like Blade Fury are so rare that only a few people have actually seen it happen with a Master (though more often with a Warrior since you can force it to choose between the normal attack and your two buttons).

15. BIGeyedBUG

Yeah. It's for this reason that the best use of Shadow Warrior synergization cheese is with Martial Arts. I've really enjoyed doing this with BoI and CoT.