Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Several questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by headbuster, Aug 9, 2010.

1. headbuster

headbuster Diabloii.Net Member

Several questions

Hello all
    I have been playing diablo for a long time now.
    My first question is.
    Now can I transfer Items from one char. to another. Until now I ahve been playing with my friend and transferring items hasn't been a problem. But when he's not home... (he can't play 24-7 :D) I am stuck. I know that there are people out there who play alone...so whats your secret. ( I know this is a dumb question but until now I haven't had the need to transfer items by myself :) )

The other question is:

I am not a rich guy. In fact I am a poor one. My only runes are 2 mals a jah and an ist. A week ago I got my first hr drop which was ohm from andy... (my first hr DROP in my life)
    I have a mf soso which gets fairly good drops but I am poor. So I have several melee chars. which have fairly goodgear but when go to duel someone I can't hit them.... For example a Wolfbarb hits 1 out of 10 or 15 strikes. Now I have a zeal pala with normal botd, coh, shako etc (general gear) and when I go to a duel I get killed with 1 hit and when I try to hit somebody well it takes some time...
    I hope you understand me...so:
    What should I do to improve my chance of hitting? Is it DEX or more godly items... I have tried everything except the godly items...
    SO thank you in advance I hope you understand my question.
    If you want to see what I am talking about I am in Europe non ladder
    :)

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Re: Several questions

1. You're not poor.
    2. Dexterity is a lousy way of getting better Attack Rating.
    3. Have you tried a Blessed Aim mercenary?
    4. What level are you relative to those you are dueling?
    5. The Angelic ring and amulet combo is a time-honored method of increasing AR.

3. headbuster

1. I just got another mal from andy and an um from diablo creeps ^^
    2. So I need dex only to wear items?
    4. Does a 3-4 level difference matter a lot?
    5. I will try it.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Regarding dexterity - on my zealots, I keep it high enough to wear equipment, and reach maxblock (with Holy Shield.)

Some of your gear, while very good, seems to be designed more for a caster character than a melee. The shako in particular seems unnecessary, as plus to skills is far less important for this type of character. Maybe a Kira's for resistance, or Guillaume's Face for crushing blow?

I wish you the best of luck, whatever path you end up taking.

5. headbuster

Thank you
    And what about item transfer?

6. Tim B

Tim B Diabloii.Net Member

the safest way is as you have doing, with a trusted friend. you can do it alone. if you create a game and keep it open for more than 5 minutes, it will stay open, and you can rejoin it for 5minutes after you leave. so open a game wait around for a good 5 minutes (10+ to be on the safe side) drop your item, leave and rejoin with another character and collect your items. don't leave and rejoin to quickly or frequently or else you risk being temp-banned. this is a risky process, so wait 'til your friend is online to transfer your most prized possessions. alternatively, if you ve more than one set of cd-keys, then there are various ways of running multple copies of d2 at once on one machine. a bit of googling will help you find more about these methods.

7. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

One more thought on Attack Rating - you may find it worthwhile to keep Demonlimb on switch or in your inventory / stash / cube. It has 20 charges of level 23 enchant, which can give a substantial AR boost.