Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Several Questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Boochypa, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Boochypa

Boochypa IncGamers Member

Several Questions

I'm interested in making the Honor runeword, mainly because I'm restarting from scratch, and the runes are reasonably easy to find. I'd like to put it in a one-handed weapon, since resists are impossible to keep up with without a shield. I think the best options for me are either a naga or divine scepter with useful skills on it. Finding such a scepter is likely impossible, so it's probably more reasonable to go for the naga (or some other weapon someone may suggest?)

If the naga is indeed the best choice, how should I go about finding a 5-socket one? If the naga isn't the best choice, what should I go for instead? I don't quite have all the runes ready (I used up the amn I had to upgrade my current rare weapon from normal to exceptional), so I may end up waiting long enough to try for elite versions of these items.

Basically I'm looking for advice for what to look for as far as weapons go for my paladin. I may be completely wrong about going for Honor at all, but unless I happen upon some really awesome rare/set/unique item, I think that's the most reasonable route to take.

Any help at all is appreciated!

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Personally, I'd go for the Naga for the higher damage. You can either try to find a 5 socket one, or get a white one and socket it via the cube recipe and hope for 5 sockets.

3. Boochypa

So going for Honor is a good idea, then? I'm somewhat unfamiliar with what other options are available to me.

Attempting to socket a white weapon takes an amn rune, right? Since I could potentially need to attempt this recipe multiple times, and I'd need another amn rune for the runeword itself, what's a good place to try to find amns? Should I hope for random drops while questing or try something like NM countess runs?

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

nm countess drops runes around there

if you need skills go for making a spirit (ladder only)
    tal-thul-ort-amn 4 Socket Swords/Shields

still fairly cheap
    but 4os shields are limited to monarch, aegis, and ward :rolleyes:

5. Boochypa

Spirit looks geared very much for casters, and though I could make it somewhat easily with a 4-socket paladin shield, I don't think it'd be as good of an investment considering that many of the mods on it are useless for me (I've already got a boatload of hit recovery, mana is useless, and faster cast rate is useless), especially since I'm using an ancient's pledge paladin-specific shield right now that gives something like 57% to all resistances, which I'd have to drop a bit (and lose fire entirely). I should mention that I use zeal and fanaticism, which is why I think Honor is a good idea.

6. Evrae Altana

If you don't have many runes, just try killing stuff along the way and hope a 5 soc Naga drops. Later on in Hell, you can try making another Honor in a better weapon.

7. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Option n°2 :

- Trade your Amn/El/Ith/Tir/Sol away for 3~5 PGems
    - Buy yourself a Baranar's Star or Butcher's Pupil for 3~5 PGems :thumbsup: !

Much easier, faster and efficient :wink:.

8. Boochypa

o_O in the trading economy I remember (years ago before even 1.10), no amount of perfect gems would get you any useful unique like baranar's star o_O

Maybe I should familiarize myself somehow with the values of various items.

9. Evrae Altana

The expensive uniques of the 1.09 era are now mostly worthless (except for a select few). You can easily get a Baranar's Star for a few measly PGems like Frosty said. Hell, you can probably get it for free.

10. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Yes, I've traded a Baranar's Star to a random b.netter yesterday. He was offering 10 PGems + Amn for it :laugh: !
    It's been definitely a very, very good deal for me :grin: !

11. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

Shame on you - you should know better.......:rolleyes:

12. Boochypa

o_O I attempted to trade for a Baranar's Star and was told that it's worth ~20 pgems!

Maybe it's only the case that it's worth so little on Europe and Asia realms?

13. Evrae Altana

It's worth little on every realm.

14. harpoeth

harpoeth IncGamers Member

I think Evrae in his previous post referred to the socket quest in act 5. If the item has no sockets it will get max socket. (5 five for a naga ?)
    (doesn't work if it already has sockets)

So you have to spend one of your socket quests :wink3:

15. Evrae Altana

Actually, I was referring to the relative small value of the Baranar's Star. By the way, a Naga has a max of 6 sockets.