Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

several questions about enigma

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by mainaman, Jun 29, 2005.

1. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

several questions about enigma

Hi all,
    recently i was able to make an enigma usin 505 def archon plate-i got def arround 1250 and all mods which come from the runeword,but i didnt get the xx% ed -so my questions are the following:

1. from what i know archon plate has max def 515 and i assume that when makin enigma with such armor one wouldn't get 1300+ def. how can one get archon nigma with def 1300+(ive seen one).Is it possible to up the def by using a cube recepie?
    2.is it possible to make enigma using 3os armor with mods?

thanks for ur time guys.
    maina_man

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

1. An archon plate has a max defense of 524 according to the Arreat Summit and a superior Archon plate may have an extra %enhanced defense.

2. no, you can only create runewords in gray socketed items.

3. mainaman

well then i dont understand how one can get enigma with 1300+ def if the highest possible def is 525?
    Ihave hero editor (i used to play open bnet) and i did a little experiment so i made an archon plate with 525 def and got enigma with 12xx def,then i got another archon plate but with def 650 and this second enigma had def of 13xx
    thus my confusion as to how one can make enigma with def of 1300+?

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Max defense on Archon plate is 603 (when superior with 15% enhanced defense). Enigma adds +750-775 defense flat, so in the end, max achievable defense on Enigma Archon is 603+775=1378. It's that simple, really :).

5. mainaman

another thing about the gray socketed items,
    i traded for delirium and it had a mod +2 to bo which doesnt come with the rune word-thus the mod was on the 3os helm before the runes were socketed and therefore i guess socketed items with mod work for socketing but prolly they have to have only one mod???

6. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Class-specific items always have "auto-mods" on them. These mods normally also appear on white or grey items, and are not considered "magical" so you can for example make a Delirium into 3socketed barbarian helm with +3 to bo +3 to bc +3 to increased speed for example.

Basically you can make runewords into any GREY COLORED item, if the item type is correct and has the right number of sockets for a particular RW.

If the item is BLUE, YELLOW, GREEN, GOLD or ORANGE you CAN'T make RW's into it.