Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

setting up zon for chaos

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by beastmannn, May 8, 2008.

1. beastmannn

beastmannn IncGamers Member

setting up zon for chaos

Im trying to set my zon up for chaos runs. I have plenty of runes and what not to get any gear. What im trying to decide what would work the best. Im guessing a combo of strafe and multi. But can this char run chaos with 4+ ppl solo?

If so what gear would be the best possible gear i could get. Including merc gear?

2. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

Re: setting up zon for chaos

Look at guides for Krembanan guide(amazon with windforce and act1 faith merc) or Kijya guide(gunslinger) here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=325914 .
    Used both for chaos run in full games (easy to get full with grushed ppl) whitout problems, my actual chaos runner is a combo of both builds(Krembanan bow setup for general kill and Kijya java part to quick kill diablo and PIs).
    HellPlayer

3. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

You could also try the full javazon. YOu kill stuff extremely fast , the only thing that might be a bother is ressing your infi merc.

Gear would be:
    enigma (mp)
    mara
    griffon (facet)
    eth titans
    2*sojs
    thundergod/arach/dungo
    wts (mf ftw)
    3/20 java gloves
    shield : Either a 20/20 facet monarch or a Phoenix or a Storm or Spirit. I use the facet monarch.
    20 attri torch 20 attri anni: This means wearing all your gear without investing 1 point in strength nor needing any str charms.

I went for max block just for kicks. I never die, only my merc tends to kick the bucket every once in a while.
    There is no need for a valk. nor a need for any of the dodge skills. Go for maximum synergies (just make sure you got cs and lf maxed first).

merc
    ebugged forti
    eth ca infi
    eth andie

something like that ^^

4. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

I don't see any reason why you would go for a full javazon. The killing speed isn't that much faster, it's not that much safer and you will have problems with IM merc - even if you make infinity in a very low damage polearm, merc have damage based on lvl IIRC.

If you go for chaos, I think you should go with a ranged merc. A popular option is a faith merc. You can then choice other build to go along. Pure physical bow or physical/lightning as suggested. Though cold/lightning - look for fishyzons - is possible aswell though faith isn't really needed if you ask me. Perhaps there is a better merc for this. Or you can go cold/physical.

P.S. pure physical is a very good build, though you need to consider this. You will have a hard time getting high on mf - builds to need +skill have a much easier time with enigma, shako... And physical bowazon aren't very fast boss killers, so you may find diablo somewhat difficult.

5. beastmannn

I think im going to try a phy bowzon, starting with a WF for me and a faith for my merc. im shooting for 100-150mf and a decent kill speed. Im hoping an atams ammy will give me all i need for the phy immunes. But is there anouther build that would be faster at clearing the chaos? Why not carry a faith urself and get a might merc with constration aura? Wouldnt that give more damage? Not sure how bad IM would be agaist the merc, im guessing instant death tho.

6. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Yep instant death. Think about it..

Faith on you + Pride on merc = Situation where merc dies, you'll be alone with faith only.

While You WF + Faith Merc = Continue to have high damage output from wf and have a constant aura of fanat from a rogue that avoids danger.

Bowzons are still more rare and fun/impressive of a char to do full house chaos runs with.

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Another thing to remember is that there are "always" hammerdins running around. They can often give you the conc that you need.

8. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

A javazon clears WAY faster then a bowazon, when fully equiped.
    You merc might die, but as you get used to csing you will learn how to prevent this from happening (it might still happen, but not as often).

It's extremely safe, you never die even without a valk. And let's not forget : You get to sling around lf like a proper 1.09 javazon in it's prime!

9. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

i have a pure physical bowazon with wf, fort, andys visage, atmas, vidungos, laying of hands, gor riders, a bk and a ravenfrost. socket a shael in wf and 15ias jool in andys and you hit fastest attack for strafe and multi, if your merc has lvl 13 fanat.

i have cold merc with faith great bow, eth forty and andys visage (15ias jool).
    with this set up i can do 8 player cs runs, atmas is enough for imunes. But diablo is slow slow slow. i think that points in cs and titans on switch would be a good investment to help speed him up.

i have a pule light java and she clears much quicker but, i think that the bowazon is much more fun, and you dont have to worry about merc all the time.

10. deepfreez

deepfreez IncGamers Member

Basically Krembanan's guide, the same guide i'm following too :) i can't wait to start doing Chaos Sanc! Old skool multi shot ftw.

I think i will put a decent amount of points in CS.

11. beastmannn

Yea just got the ama gear up doesnt work to well. Think i will try a java, thanks for the help

12. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Did you get the absolute right stuff? invent and all

13. deepfreez

deepfreez IncGamers Member

Just wanted to say that Krembanan's guide probably only works when built the exact same way. It's a glasscannon build really, Guided arrow is up to 6k, multi/strafe 1pt around 4.5k. This is the reason chaos sanc is cleared so easily in combination with max breakpoint.

14. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

you definatly need glass cannon, i have about 10 points into str and everything else is in dex. but i have nice charms, in my inv i have cube tp book and space for 1 quiver of arrows, then torch anni and everything else is ed/ar/life sc's, none are perfect but it still makes a big differane.

15. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

With that build my old zon was like 6k strafe(maxed), 5,4k multi(few points, dont remenber exact number) and GA over 7k.
    HellPlayer

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  16. aresze

aresze IncGamers Member

try "Brand" bow if u run less than 4+ppl games its a pretty good bow