Set/Unique Item Worshippers Tournament II

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll go ahead and /in on this one.

Rolled myself a 1 and made the grimacy face, like this: :unimpressed:. So I tooks me a minor mulligan, and rolled a 3.

Code:
[b][u]1.11[/u][/b]
[b]Amazons[/b]
Mama_ZanRondo (ECC), 1 S/U items equipped, level 15, Act I N
RiverSue(Wolron), 0 S/U items equipped, level 15, Act 1 N

[b]Assassins[/b]
Nyx (erimatbrad), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N
Sassy (mwille), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N
?(Billybgame) 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N

[b]Barbarians[/b]
Hap (Gabriel74),  0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N
CryBaby (Quickdeath), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N
Noobabarb, 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act 1 N
DonCaballero, 0 S/U Items equipped, Level 1, Act 1 Normal

[b]Druids[/b]

[b]Necromancers[/b]
Desty_Nova (MadMachine), 0 S/U items equipped, level 7, Act I N

[b]Paladins[/b]

[b]Sorceresses[/b]
NeyTour1 (Mimeaphone), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N
?(Hambuguer), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N
Megaera (Hrus), 4 S/U items equipped, level 19, Act 2 N
I was hopin' hard for a Paladin, but alas, twas not to be.

Update soon, as I have nothing to do this fine morning.

Billybgame

Diabloii.Net Member
A thought occured to me about my character. With the rules, an assassin who finds say......an Axe of Fechmar, will have to use that, and won't be able to use claws/katars. Yikes. Unique claws are so hard to find, I don't much faith in that happening. Should be interesting.

I'll probably start my lady up soon, to get an idea how the skill system works, then set her aside for awhile.

Ghorgh

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi! I never played a HC char or a tourney, but somewhere I have to start :)

I got a 7 (sorc). Miss_Sporty is joining!

Code:
[b][u]1.11[/u][/b]
[b]Amazons[/b]

[b]Assassins[/b]

[b]Barbarians[/b]

[b]Druids[/b]

[b]Necromancers[/b]

[b]Paladins[/b]

[b]Sorceresses[/b]
NeyTour1 (Mimeaphone), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N
Miss_Sporty (Ghorgh), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act I N

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Billybgame said:
A thought occured to me about my character. With the rules, an assassin who finds say......an Axe of Fechmar, will have to use that, and won't be able to use claws/katars. Yikes. Unique claws are so hard to find, I don't much faith in that happening. Should be interesting.

I'll probably start my lady up soon, to get an idea how the skill system works, then set her aside for awhile.
This is correct. But you can put the axe on a switch, and use katars. If you then find, say, a sword, you can put it on an act 3 merc. After the third weapon, though, you're stuck until you find Nat's Claws, or some such. ;)

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
erimatbrad said:
Any players setting you'd like, at any time you'd like. :)
Rock on, Donkey Kong.

DonCaballero is Level 6 now, working his way through the Cold Plains on /players 4. The random points haven't been all that kind to him; his Level 2 and 4 skills points went into Find Potion, of all things, while his Level 5 skill landed in Sword Mastery. I put his Level 3, Den Quest, and Level 6 points into Bash, Howl, and Shout, respectively. No Sets or Unis, yet but I did find this little number, which I imagine I'd be pretty happy about if I was into that sort of thing (aka, a Necro).

Aynway.

Billybgame

Diabloii.Net Member
erimatbrad said:
This is correct. But you can put the axe on a switch, and use katars. If you then find, say, a sword, you can put it on an act 3 merc. After the third weapon, though, you're stuck until you find Nat's Claws, or some such. ;)
Ah...I see. Thanks!

Hamburger

Diabloii.Net Member
Before I start playing, I have a question.
It says "Every third level you achieve (the 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.)", as in the levels where we can choose where our SP's go.
But....the 3rd level you achieve, is level 4!(remember you start at level one)
So...my question is: which ones are the skill points we can choose where to put? The ones we gain on levels 3,6,9,12...(multiples of 3) or the ones we gain on levels 4,7,10,13...(1 + multiples of 3) ?
Thanks, sorry if this is stupid, I just want to follow the rules properly.

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Hamburger said:
Before I start playing, I have a question.
It says "Every third level you achieve (the 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc.)", as in the levels where we can choose where our SP's go.
But....the 3rd level you achieve, is level 4!(remember you start at level one)
So...my question is: which ones are the skill points we can choose where to put? The ones we gain on levels 3,6,9,12...(multiples of 3) or the ones we gain on levels 4,7,10,13...(1 + multiples of 3) ?
Thanks, sorry if this is stupid, I just want to follow the rules properly.
You achieve the first level by creating your character. ;) Use your clvl. 3/6/9/12/15/18.......

That way, you can use your free points right when new skills open. Aren't we nice?

Mimeaphone

Diabloii.Net Member
Played a lot today and got to level 15 on players 8. I've forgotten how long it takes to kill on this setting. :)

Oh, and I found a nice set shield to go along with my eagle orb. I also found a not so nice unique club too... *sigh* I just hope i don't find another one.

Code:
[b][u]1.11[/u][/b]
[b]Amazons[/b]

[b]Assassins[/b]

[b]Barbarians[/b]

[b]Druids[/b]

[b]Necromancers[/b]

[b]Paladins[/b]

[b]Sorceresses[/b]
NeyTour1 (Mimeaphone), 2 S/U items equipped, level 15, Act I N

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Mimeaphone said:
I also found a not so nice unique club too... *sigh*
Don´t bash Felloak, it has big resists. Resists may become a big problem in the late game, and a sorc is much better at killing things holding Felloak than a class that depends on weapon damage would be.
(or, did you not mean you found a unique Club, but rather a unique club (the sub-class of 'mace' weapons))

Melica has reached the Outer Cloister. I seriously think the game has decided she won´t find any golds and greens for quite a while. Despite decent gambling luck (her boots are quite cool) she only sports +48% MF. Her chippie distribution has been simply ridiculous:

amethyst 7
diamond 6
emerald 8
ruby 13
sapphire 7
skull 4
topaz 1!
:laughing:

Melica the Assassin, 0 S/U items equipped, level 17, Act I N

Gabriel74

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
[b][u]1.11[/u][/b]
[b]Amazons[/b]

[b]Assassins[/b]
Melica (Jiansonz), 0 S/U items equipped, level 17, Act I N

[b]Barbarians[/b]
Hap (Gabriel74),  1 S/U items equipped, level 14, Act I N

[b]Druids[/b]

[b]Necromancers[/b]

[b]Paladins[/b]

[b]Sorceresses[/b]
NeyTour1 (Mimeaphone), 2 S/U items equipped, level 15, Act I N

So, I played a little. Got to lvl 14 and equipped an Arctic Furs. Good for really early, but if I can't replace it before too long, it will be really low defense (maybe throw it on my merc).
Skills are not awesome Axe Mastery, Mace Mastery x2, Spear Mastery, Leap x2, 3 saved up, put mine in howl and bash to open up some non-masteries skills, and worst of all Find Potion x2.:sad2:

Put Jiansonz in the chart

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
It's still pretty easy going for Nyx. Slow, at times, but easy. Much like her shadowy sister Melica, Nyx has saved Deckard from his little wooden cage at level 15.

No more sets or uniques, though, even though she's packing 36% MF. Several rares yet again, all found, none gambled.

Much like my first run with Seven, I haven't placed many skill points. I've used 2 to get her strength up to 25 for a Belt, but aside from that, nothing.

The skill rolls were again, completely isolated to the Martial Arts tree -- Tiger Strike saw its first point, and Dragon Claw and Talon each got their second. I still feel the game is trying to tell me something... but I don't think I want to listen...

Nyx
Level 15
1 S/U equipped
Next Area: Black Marsh

Mimeaphone

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
Don´t bash Felloak, it has big resists. Resists may become a big problem in the late game, and a sorc is much better at killing things holding Felloak than a class that depends on weapon damage would be.
(or, did you not mean you found a unique Club, but rather a unique club (the sub-class of 'mace' weapons))
Yea, your right, there are many worse melee weapons that could have dropped and the other good thing about the club is that it didn't force me to up my strength and dex yet. I found a nice pair of Death's Hand, and those plus my Felloak have me sporting some very good elemental protection now late in Act1.

I've been lucky enough to random a point into lightning which has now become my primary attack. I think I'll make my character a chain-lightning sorc now that chain is only a lvl away.

I have a question about the rules though. If I find a unique bow and I have a unique shield, can I choose between the bow and the shield inother words, can I use the shield and a non-unique weapon instead of the bow?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Mimeaphone said:
I have a question about the rules though. If I find a unique bow and I have a unique shield, can I choose between the bow and the shield inother words, can I use the shield and a non-unique weapon instead of the bow?
You can put the bow on the weapon switch, or on the mercenary, as long as those slots are not occupied. The main thing to keep in mind is that you should equip as many S/U items as you can (counting both character weapon switches + merc) at all times. Any setup that achieves this for you is allowed.

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Mimeaphone said:
Well, that all depends.

Like Jiansonz said, you have to equip as many S/U as possible. You have a few options with a bow/shield:

1) Give the merc a bow and you equip the shield
2) You equip the bow and the shield (on whichever switch you want)
3) You equip the bow, get to act 3, hire a wolf, and give it to him.

There will not often be times when you can choose to not equip an item like that. The one that comes to mind is if you had no one-handers, 2 shields, and 3 bows by Act II normal. Since you couldn't equip them all (You could have 2 shields / 1 bow, 3 bows, 2 bows/1shield...), you'd have a little choice, but most of those scenarios are unlikely, and will eventually sort themselves out when you start finding a wealth of 1H weapons.

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
RiverSue is in Act 2.

RiverSue is using Jab at level 2 and a set of Rare Javelins that are none too special. Equipment is typical for this part of the game. Mostly rares without any great attributes. She has inserted three chipped diamonds into a large shield, so that helps a little. No S/U in Act 1.

Nonetheless, she is doing well at P8. Hopefully there will be some wonderful equipment waiting in Act2.

RiverSue
Level 21
0 S/U equipped
Next Area: Lut Gholein and Radament

By the way, what is the preferred method to post? A short message like this or the table with all the character listings in it??

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Wolron said:
By the way, what is the preferred method to post? A short message like this or the table with all the character listings in it??
I think short messages are best in general, but I like to see the table when a character has finished an act. That will hopefully get us a table often enough without cluttering up the thread too much.

As it turns out, Melica is in the exact same situation as RiverSue.

Code:
[b]Amazons[/b]
RiverSue(Wolron), 0 S/U items equipped, level 21, Act 2 N
Mama_ZanRondo (ECC), 1 S/U item equipped, level 15, Act 1 N

[b]Assassins[/b]
Melica (jiansonz), 0 S/U items equipped, level 21, Act 2 N
Nyx (erimatbrad), 1 S/U item equipped, level 15, Act 1 N
Sassy (mwille), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act 1 N
?(Billybgame) 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act 1 N

[b]Barbarians[/b]
Hap (Gabriel74),  1 S/U item equipped, level 14, Act 1 N
CryBaby (Quickdeath), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act 1 N

[b]Druids[/b]

[b]Necromancers[/b]
Desty_Nova (MadMachine), 0 S/U items equipped, level 7, Act 1 N

[b]Paladins[/b]
Gibsu (jgreg7),  0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act 1 N (v1.10)

[b]Sorceresses[/b]
NeyTour1 (Mimeaphone), 2 S/U items equipped, level 15, Act 1 N
?(Hambuguer), 0 S/U items equipped, level 1, Act 1 N
I don´t usually get to level 21 in the first act, but did so here. I have received some points in the trap skills, which I don´t like (I have 2 in WoF). I have added one free skill point, just before reaching level 19. I plan to use Phoenix Strike, which is why I put a point in FoF, to increase the chances that the random points will go to either of the two PS synergies I want.

Andariel was easy. I took my newly gambled Blade Talons (damage 14-16) and went in cycles of Tiger x3, Cobra x3, then Attack. Didn´t use a single potion other than an antidote when the fight was over. :cool:

I´ve hired a Prayer mercenary and gambled a Jagged Pike for him.

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz said:
I think short messages are best in general, but I like to see the table when a character has finished an act. That will hopefully get us a table often enough without cluttering up the thread too much.
I see jiansonz put Gibsu back in the chart for me - thanks! :thumbsup:

Gibsu has started down the path, with little to show for it. Despite playing full clears at /p8 with chipped topazes stuck into every orifice, no S/U equipped yet. I also haven't used any of his free skill points, since I want to see how the random points fall before commiting to a build. So far he's using just 1 point Zeal + 1 point Might.

Gibsu, Level 16, 0 S/U equipped, Next Area: Dark Tower