Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Set player question on SP

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CosmoNova, Sep 17, 2010.

1. CosmoNova

CosmoNova Diabloii.Net Member

Set player question on SP

Seldom on SP, so I have a newb question to ask...

I know there's a /playersN command to set the difficulty level. Does it make the monsters in game harder to beat (with high drop rate), but NOT increasing the amount of monsters in game????

I've given a few tries, they hit harder, but I dont see the increase in number?

If there're harder and more, could be a nice idea to mf in an area more than capable to handle? e.g. lvl 80 killing lots of cows or flayers in NM....

hmm.. and when will the command take effect? right after typing the command? or on new monsters spawn on map?

Thanks a lot!!

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Set player question on SP

Monsters have 50% additional life for each additional player and they provide accordingly more experience points. They also hit harder, but not by much... 1/16 per additional player, as fas as I know.

Random bosses and champions don't drop more, but drops of regular monsters and certain bosses (it seems that it's those which cannot drop full rejuvenation potion... which includes act bosses) increase as well, up to a maximum of 6 items.

It will affect monsters which the game produces from that point on, so existing monsters aren't affected. For example, you will have to execute the /players command before summoning Baal's minions in the throne room or before entering the Worldstone Keep.

3. CosmoNova

CosmoNova Diabloii.Net Member

sadly not more monsters spawn in game? so if I'm on SP MF, it does not benefit for setting more players?

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

As said, several monsters will also drop more items, in particular act bosses.

5. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

There's an item generation tutorial in the wiki somewhere. In short, each monster has a maximum number of items it can drop as well as a no-drop chance. At higher /p settings, the no-drop chance is lower. So, for a monster that has 3 picks (chances on the item generation table) per kill, when you kill the monster, the game generates 3 random numbers and checks them on the item generation table; some of those will fall in the no-drop range, meaning you get only 0,1, or 2 items. When you increase the /p setting, the no-drop chance is lower, so the probability of getting 2 or 3 items is greater. Thus, playing /p8 results in more items dropping than on /p1 because while the number of monsters is the same and the maximum possible number of items per kill is the same, you have a better chance of getting more items for each kill.

/p settings have no effect on the chance that any given item dropped is magic/rare/etc, but if you have more items dropping, then you'll end up with more good items (on average).