Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

set boots bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by zrk, Jan 30, 2004.

1. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

set boots bug

now dont come screaming if someone has said this before. you can politely tell it. anyway i was playing classic diablo2 the other day and having fun at normal cows. i got a nice pair of set boots(light plated boots) from akara (someone had sold them to her) and equipped them. the next game i joined my body was in town and i clicked on it. i took a look into my inventory and saw my light plated set boots had dissapeared and instead there were the (shitty) set chain boots. i was sort of dissapointed of it but i guess easy come easy go.

2. Zabin

Zabin IncGamers Member

You didnt lost it, the game didnt saved when you left before.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Did classic get the 16 corpses rule - or was that just the expansion. I'd guess maybe you had the boots on one corpse, and all you other gear on your first corpse. When the game exits it only takes with it the most valuable corpse. If that's not a possibility my money is on a game rollback - which can happen from time to time.

4. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

you misunderstood me. i had the plated set boots on me. they were not on a corpse. i didnt die with them on. the other stuff along with the set chain boots was in the corpse.

5. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Sometiems I misunderstand those who do not write with proper stucture.

Be that the case, perhaps I can offer another possibilty. Let's pretend your current inventory counts as a corpse. When you exited the game, all your original gear was on your 'dead corpse', save the boots which were on your 'living corpse'. When you rejoined, the dead corpse was more valuable than your living corpse, so everything on your living corpse was erased and you were left with your dead corpse. Just speculation, but that may be an explication.

6. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

sorry im not english or american.

7. PikachuMolester2003

PikachuMolester2003 IncGamers Member

There are programs like spellcheck that can help you.

Sounds like the game didn't save, its happened before, no big deal.

8. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

is this somehow related to the other thread in this forum about items just going poof? or is that a different thing?

9. Andy225

Andy225 IncGamers Member

whats the big deal anyway, vidalas fetlock are terrible even for classic...

10. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

This is another reason of why so many people are driven out of public games and into private games. They aren't rich and don't play 24/7 to get the "UBER LEWT!!!" and have to settle with items that are not "top of the line" but are still damn good (duriel's shell in expansion comes to mind). They enter a game and are flamed to holy hell for not being outfitted with the "best" items.

11. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

Hell I remember back when +150 to stamina was a big thing for me on Vidalas. I could run away with my sorc or necro if i was getting my *** kicked by some extra fast monsters. And that paired with the ammy, +50% mf. Good mf on an ammy wasnt easy to find, anywhere. At least as far as I remember, but my uberness seems to have fogged my memory. But I aggree, not like Einstein was born with the knowlage to realize E=mc^2. He acquired it over a long period of time. Time people with a real, physical life, and a job dont have.

12. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Isn´t it very easy to gamble set items is Classic? Like 10% or something. Keep trying for Light Plated Boots and you will get them sooner or later.

13. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

I too remember when Vidalas Fetlock was a much sought after item!