set bonuses question

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
set bonuses question

Hi,
I wanted to know, if I wear a full set, do I get the complete bonus + the partial set bonus + the bonus that some items have when they are eqiupped with other items of the same set?
Thanks
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Yes.

You can even wear more than one of each set component, although it doesn't count as an additional item with respect to set bonuses. For example, wearing 2x the Angelic ring plus the amulet is quite popular because each ring provides an excellent bonus to attack rating if worn one with at least one of the other set components, while having a very low level requirement. Wearing two rings alone won't give you that bonus.
 

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Yes.

You can even wear more than one of each set component, although it doesn't count as an additional item with respect to set bonuses. For example, wearing 2x the Angelic ring plus the amulet is quite popular because each ring provides an excellent bonus to attack rating if worn one with at least one of the other set components, while having a very low level requirement. Wearing two rings alone won't give you that bonus.
I see, so looking at the arreat summit at all the full and partial set bonuses, I can't see why people use tal armor, amu and belt + shako and occu, when using the tal's orb and headgear instead gives you better bonuses?
 

SDK

Diabloii.Net Member
lior said:
Hi,
I wanted to know, if I wear a full set, do I get the complete bonus + the partial set bonus + the bonus that some items have when they are eqiupped with other items of the same set?
Thanks
Yes, the partial appears in green, the complete bonus appears in brownish/gold. Makes for some long ass descriptions when you hover over them. For instance on mavs bow, complete set, the script shrinks to the point that you need a magnifier to read the complete/partial/all of it :spy: listing.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
lior said:
I see, so looking at the arreat summit at all the full and partial set bonuses, I can't see why people use tal armor, amu and belt + shako and occu, when using the tal's orb and headgear instead gives you better bonuses?
Because those people just want the MF bonus from wearing three pieces, together with the MF bonus from the armor and the belt. Wearing shako+Occy instead of Tal's helm (utter crap for a sorc BTW) and the orb gives you even more MF, but less resists.
 

eelnala

Diabloii.Net Member
I wondered about this too. However, my concern is with Trang-Oul’s set. The partial set bonus gives +18 to fireball. The full bonus give +18 to fireball.
Shouldn’t this give me +36 to fireball? Level 18 fireball is nice, but I was really hoping for that level 36.
 

lior

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Because those people just want the MF bonus from wearing three pieces, together with the MF bonus from the armor and the belt. Wearing shako+Occy instead of Tal's helm (utter crap for a sorc BTW) and the orb gives you even more MF, but less resists.
It's just gives 35 less but the overall is A LOT better.
 

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
eelnala said:
I wondered about this too. However, my concern is with Trang-Oul’s set. The partial set bonus gives +18 to fireball. The full bonus give +18 to fireball.
Shouldn’t this give me +36 to fireball? Level 18 fireball is nice, but I was really hoping for that level 36.
LOL!

Nice try!

The partial set bonus for a specific item (green text) is added to the non specific partial set bonus and/or the full set bonus (brown text). The non specific partial set bonus (brown text) is never added to the Full set bonus (brown text).

Some people are never satisfied!!!:lol:
 

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
Even if you had 36 to fireball it wouldn't be good enough without synergies to skill squat in hell..... not to mention the cast rate bug is a pain
 

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
dang79 said:
Even if you had 36 to fireball it wouldn't be good enough without synergies to skill squat in hell..... not to mention the cast rate bug is a pain
Note that the cast rate bug only applies to the full trangs set. I'm so glad I built a summoner first and discovered it THAT way!
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
eelnala said:
I wondered about this too. However, my concern is with Trang-Oul’s set. The partial set bonus gives +18 to fireball. The full bonus give +18 to fireball.
Shouldn’t this give me +36 to fireball? Level 18 fireball is nice, but I was really hoping for that level 36.
Ah, now I understand. I thought you feared that the partial set bonuses could be gone if they don't appear on the list of the full set bonuses.

I read through the TO description from the Arreat Summit. I admit it's a little confusing. To be precise, it's like this: the partial set bonuses are cumulative. The complete set bonus consists of a summary of the partial set bonuses and a few additional abilities. In addition to the partial or complete set bonuses there are item-specific bonuses as well.

BTW, the +18 to fireball etc. are a special kind of bonus. They are increased furtherly by bonuses to all skills, but unlike those which have "(class x only)" in their description, they are capped at +3 for a character who actually has that skill in his/her list. That means, a sorc will get only +3 to fireball when wearing two TO items. It's the same with the Call to Arms runeword, for example. A barb won't get more than +3 to battle orders when wearing such a weapon.
 
Top