Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Set bonus remaining when dying??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by AlphaStrikeII, Feb 11, 2004.

1. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

Set bonus remaining when dying??

I was playing my assasin in act4 Hell, she was wearing the full Natalya set and in Chaos Sanctuary I manged to get IM cursed while unleashing a 3 charge TS. Needless to say I died, but when I went to get my corpse I still had the "etherial" look so I checked and I still seemed to have the +50 res all and +3 skill from the full set bonus. Anyone know if this is a display bug or if the bonus really remains.
    And just before someone sugests it, I was not having lag at the time and I tried getting killed once more after I had recovered the body just to check and the result was the same.

2. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Member

uuuu, fade maybe...?

3. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

Nope not fade,
    So this is not a known bug? I checked my stat screen rather carefully and I had all the full set bonuses with skills and resists, but not the bonuses from my gear. An example would be that my Claw mastery was lvl 24 naked after death, that's 20 base, +3 from set and +1 Anhilus. But the +1 amy and +2 from armor was not there. My guess would be that for some reason the game decided that I was wearing the full set even though it was on my body. Would be rather nice sometimes if you could die with a full set on and still get the bonus from it while wearing other items but I don't really think it will work just the possibilites for exploits in pvp alone would assure a fast patch and it might have been just a fluke.

4. ZyZ_ownage

ZyZ_ownage IncGamers Member

Lol

hey the same thing happen to my pally wit full sigs. he died act 2 norm (he was lvl 19) and he still had life leech on..

5. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Yes, this is a Known bug. If you die with a full set on, you get the "gold stat" bonuses when youre naked. This can be used to your advantage in places like dueling. Die with a full set on, keep the gold bonuses, put on a new set of gear, kick some booty. (dont forget both corpses before you leave)

Will probably be patched eventually, abuse it while you can!