Fingerprint: 0xf82d5b37
+175% Enhanced Damage
Adds 232-323 fire damage
Adds 23-333 lightning damage
7% Life stolen per hit
30% Increased Attack Speed
Replenishes Quantity

i got it in the giveaway thread from glenugie and am pretty sure its not legit
sry to name names, but I really need to know though......plz some1 tell me its legit
btw if any1 doubts where i got this look at the old giveaway forum page 10 post 96
i would really hate to get rid of my stash but if its not legit i guess i will

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
It can definitely be legit. All magic/rare/set/unique items can be level 99 because that's hell baal.

killmesh

Diabloii.Net Member
realy i didnt know that.
well thanks but some1 that can confirm it would be nice. not that i dont trust your judgement esso its just somethin i want to know

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
killmesh said:
ok works for me.
If AE or krem feel like closin or deletin this post be my guest
They rarely/never do that to threads with even the smallest value. I bet this one will somehow turn into some big discussion, because people like me won't just let it die. :p

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
@Killmesh, if you want to satisfy your curiosity a bit further, read a few pages of the item find thread, people find nice items off baal quite ofter, all with item lvl 99.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
The ilvl 99 item is under suspicion if it is white or grey item, because only Baal is mlvl 99 and he can't drop white/grey items. And don't forget that gambled items are from range -5/+4 ilvl from character level. (You can't gamble white/gray too)

Dr. Strangelove

Diabloii.Net Member
jjscud said:
@Killmesh, if you want to satisfy your curiosity a bit further, read a few pages of the item find thread, people find nice items off baal quite ofter, all with item lvl 99.

yeah, and by doing this you can sharp up your skills 'cause this is the most challenging area in the game plus you get a truckload of exp like there's no tommorow, you know

Ulanji

Diabloii.Net Member
Confirmed. My amazon proudly wields it as the vessel of her Lightning Fury! :) Found it a little less than a year ago, maybe?

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
I think there needs to be an FAQ with the basics of figuring out unlegit items...
Nice idea, fishy.

However, it can (or most likely, it will) be a double-edge sword.
New "non-legit" members who want to trade are usually unaware of certain parameters which increases their tendency to "slip" about their malicious activities.
If an FAQ is created, then they will know about these parameters and are able to go around it or something.

Just my opinion on the matter. ;)

--maxgerin

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunno, if there's always a "is ilvl 99 legit" thread on the first page the info is there anyway. And let's face it, no newcomer reads the FAQs unless pointed that way first.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
maxgerin said:
If an FAQ is created, then they will know about these parameters and are able to go around it or something.
They'd have to read the FAQs. Based on the number of people who ask about EUs/Durf/the squid, they can't even bother to read the general SPF FAQ. Why in heck would they bother to read a specific FAQ?

And it would make the rest of us better at catching thingies that are "off"

My only problem is that most people wouldn't bother to read it anyway...

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
But you could link to the FAQ when somebody asks the question, making them feel sheepish while doing less work yourself. (compared to typing an answer) Gets 2 birds with one stone... :teeth:

Llathias

Banned
actually, there's no way to say for sure that an item is legit. you can only say that it's not, and if that's not the case, the item "might be legit". yet many hackers can't make a possibly legit item :rolleyes:

MadMardigan

Diabloii.Net Member
[/lurk]

Llathias said:
actually, there's no way to say for sure that an item is legit.

Actually, and just because I'm a perfectionist (and I certainly don't intend this as a flame), there is a perfect way to say for sure that an item is legit.

Find it yourself.

That's the only way. And of course there's no way to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt to anyone else (unless they themselves saw it drop too).

~Jay
[lurk]

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
essojay said:
It can definitely be legit. All magic/rare/set/unique items can be level 99 because that's hell baal.
Are all items dropped by hell baal lvl 99?