Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Serious problem, game crashes...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by jokoo, Apr 9, 2005.

1. jokoo

jokoo IncGamers Member

Serious problem, game crashes...

Hi, so the story goes like that:

I had a full inventory and waited for my friend so we could mule that items. I feel bored and wanted to entertain myself by making an INSIGHT runeword in a Thresher. The Thresher was in the horadric cube in my chest
    When I inserted the last rune the game crashed with some warning. The thing is now I cant get that thresher out of the horadric cube without crashing the game!!

Can somebody help me on this??
    When I throw out the horadric chest, can i find a new one in the tombs like in the quest(will I be able to pick it?)??

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Hey,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a copy of D2 that is in a different language than English? This problem your experiencing happens with any item that gives an aura when equipped (like the Azurewrath), in most games that are not the English verison.

The only way I'm aware of fixing the problem is to download the english version of the D2Lang.dll. You'll need to replace the old file in your D2 directory with the new one (though, you might want to backup the old one).

If the problem still persists, you should read this thread, as it's about the same problem your having.

As a note, yes you can throw away your cube and collect a new one. The cube can drop from the chest in act 2 (where your would normally get it) or the council members in act 3, Travincal. Both those places always check to see if you have a cube, and if you don't, they'll keep dropping them.

Note 2: I believe you can pick up the item if you want, you just can't view the stats. To pick it up, pick up another item that doesn't have an aura (like a normal thresher) and then drop it over the insight one, this should replace them, so the insight runeword is on your cursor. Then you can equip it on your merc or something.

3. jokoo

jokoo IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot Orphan.
    In fact i have a polish version of the game. Unfortunately i threw away the thresher (like you said, when ilifted it using another item). I didn't think about equpiing the merc. Oh tahts a pity, just good it wasn't a more valuable runeword:D

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Polish version, well I don't think the D2Lang.dll would have helped much for you anyway. If you ever want to fix the problem, and you can get your hands on an english version of the patch.mpq (from a friend, or something), it could stop the crashes (that's what someone else with a Polish version did, and it worked for them). It's a shame that this hasn't been addressed yet by Blizzard though.

5. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

How the heck did u find all that out? hehe Glad that u r in the forums b.t.w!

:)

6. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Mostly from just reading around, and remembering what's happened to me or my friends :)

I haven't seen you around for awhile, did you just come back or something (or it could just be me). In any case, good to see your back :thumbsup:

7. riplix

riplix IncGamers Member

8. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 IncGamers Member

Been hanging around the World of Warcraft forums - I defected over to the darkside :)

I finally gave up all my D2 stuff :( was hard, but had to be done :)