Septavirate

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Septavirate

Tried to search a bit the meaning of this term,and had some dificultys.
Some say its hc 7/7 Untwinked and some say its just 7/7 SC/HC/Twinked????

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
XDoomasX said:
Tried to search a bit the meaning of this term,and had some dificultys.
Some say its hc 7/7 Untwinked and some say its just 7/7 SC/HC/Twinked????
Here is the septavirate page (from the FAQ):
http://www.dangreen.name/septavirate.html

Some people change the rules to suit their playstyle. (After all the point is to have fun accomplishing a goal you want to accomplish.) But, the rules on the website are the "official" place to start.

-Cat

Boddah_khan

Diabloii.Net Member
You can mule SC --> HC using ATMA, but generally it is frowned upon. People see it as cheating, and if they don't, then they think it is pure cheddar. Cheers!

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
Kaptain_Insano said:
Quick question regarding hardcore. Can I mule my SC equipment onto a HC char?

Cheers K
"can you?" yes, ATMA makes no distinction between SC and HC items
"should you?" no, and here's why - a softcore character could have died prior to finding that item so were this hardcore, that item wouldn't have been found since the character would be dead. With HC items (and items on HC characters), you can infere that they were found by a character who never died. This is why HC items are so much more valuable.

Of course, it's your game, do what you want, but just note that if you were to put SC on a HC character, you are probably ruining any chances you have of trading or MPing in the SPF

Kaptain_Insano

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you HBB :) I still have more than a few SC builds i want to do first b4 I venture into HC. I am interested in doing a sept. and using the rules listed in the link above. That will be down the road. I'll make a new stash for hardcore chars. I don't suppose there is a way to seperate your hc and sc chars in atma is there? ie have a list of sc and then switch to hc rather than all on one list

Cheers K

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
Kaptain_Insano said:
I don't suppose there is a way to seperate your hc and sc chars in atma is there? ie have a list of sc and then switch to hc rather than all on one list.
Not easily, as far as I know. The only way I could think of is to run 2 copies of ATMA. (This was also the solution I was given for having seperate Bank of Atma accounts for SC and HC. I've been too lazy to do it, but I haven't needed to bank any HC gold yet.)

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Kaptain_Insano said:
I don't suppose there is a way to seperate your hc and sc chars in atma is there? ie have a list of sc and then switch to hc rather than all on one list
You can put the SC stashes in one directory (e.g. .../save/sc/scstash.d2x), and the HC stashes into another (e.g. ...save/hc/hcstash.d2x). They will be grouped into tress in ATMA. Your characters might be all in the /save directory, but you can see which are SC/HC from the "Character Stats" tab in ATMA.