Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sept Idea

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by HappeningKT, Sep 17, 2010.

1. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Sept Idea

Haii everyone. After continuously playing blizz sorcs, poison necro(with D'web), and Fishyzon, I feel like making some fun builds. My plan is to make a sept of guardians, who use aesthetically sexy skills(and looks wise too, if possible).

Amazon - Immo + ?
    Assassin - Blade sentinel + fire traps
    Necromancer - ??? [EDIT : Dentist]
    Barbarian - Leap Attack
    Paladin - Charge + ?
    Sorceress - Blaze + Thunderstorm
    Druid - Fire Skills

I need a little help in deciding the missing slots in the above sept.Firstly Blaze and Blade sentinel are fixed, as I love those skills and I have decent experience playing them.

Amazon : Fire skills always look cool, so it has to be immo arrow along with something else. I have never tried other jav skills like, lightning strike etc. I need a little help in decide what skill can go o switch to the fire bow skills.

Assassin : Blade sentinel + Blade Shield would make an sin very very cool. So I need to add some thing on these skills.I was thinking of some thing like this :
    20 B.Sentinel
    20 WoF
    20 WoI (This won't be used as it sucks in looks)
    20 FB
    10 B.Shield

Necro : This guy is tough to decide. One idea I got was to use Brand runeword (I don't have even a single rune for this. But it is not exactly impossible in 1.13, right ?) and synergise bone spear. P.Nova prolly is the only cool skill in terms of looks. Any help here is really appreciated.

Barbarian : Leap attack is a cool skill to use. Or prolly I'll have to try some ctc barb.

Pally : Charge may be nice option here. Among auras, only sanctuary looks good. Please lmk if I missed any option out here.

Sorc : Blaze is a must here. Prolly the best skill in the game in terms of looks. Thunderstorm also looks pretty cool.

Druid : I love fire skills of druid. It may be a pain to make him a guardian with fire skills alone though. How to deal with FI (apart from using merc), does volcano's physical damage cut it ?

After the build, here comes a section, which I really suck at, physical appearance of chars.
    Please lmk the best looking armors(no worries about quirements)/helms/weapons.
    And btw, does enchant add the red finish to all weapons(bows also ?). And any other factors like enchant which add a good look(just a wild guess, do PRubies add any red colored visual effect?)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. jdkerr

jdkerr IncGamers Member

Re: Sept Idea

For the necro, how would full Trang's suit your aesthetic sensibilities?

3. bcoe

bcoe IncGamers Member

For necro's, I think that Teeth is the prettiest attack skill. They wiggle nicely in the air and then have a pretty little pop when they hit stuff.

For Barbarian, I'd go for a throw-barb with Grim Wards. The grim wards are cool looking and tremendously fun to use, and they pair nicely with a thrower. Use warshrikes - they are fast, pierce, and the CtC Nova will look awesome.

Hmmm.... I'm going to have to build some of these myself.

Great idea for a sept - I look forward to reading updates and seeing screenshots...

4. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Ohh I really forgot teeth thanx bcoe that fills it for necro :).
    I was going to use grim ward with LA as scattered enemies are nice to kill with LA, anyway I never tried throw barb too, so that should be fun.

5. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

I'm working on a 1.09 Necro myself, and I must say that, lack of power aside, Bone Spear is a really cool looking skill. "White" is an excellent, cheap runeword for this in the proper base - my Necro's BS is level 35 and is actually effective in Hell Act 5 on P1.

I don't think a Leap Attack Barb will be easy to Guard, and I think a CTC barb would be more fun using Frenzy.

Not sure what to suggest for the other chars.

6. Islandstone

Islandstone IncGamers Member

For the apperance of the chars, I've always liked the wire fleece look for body. Not sure for helm, maybe circlet, just stay away from mask, they look horrible.
    And I'm a big fan of the looks of a big twohanded weapon.

For the necro, aside from brand you also have Oath, Bone and Bonehew if you want to make a synergized Ctc necro.

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Looks like you are set in your ways for the Assassin, but otherwise, I think Phoenix Strike is a very sexy looking skill. That 2nd charge Lightning Storm...yum!

8. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

As for fire traps, well, don't expect much...I've played Fire trapper during GWE3 tourney and she has huge problems with monsters even in Nightmare difficulty, some of them were nearly unkillable despite the fact, that they were not Fire immune...She used millions mana potions during each battle (p8 setting), thats for sure...

GL with the sept though, its nice to see something unusual these days :thumbsup:

9. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

Thanks for the replies. I think a vampire casting teeth would be more fun. So prolly a full trangs dentist would be a nice option.Just a little problem that I may have to take hellmouths away(which I am planning to put on almost every char on this sept to make the screen look even better).

@ Islandstone : Using ctc effects in melee range doesn't let us enjoy the visuals of ctc effect unless it is FO or bone spear. So bonehew may be interesting. But lack of shield + HC + melee necro is not going to be very smooth :)

@RobbyD : Leap Attack isn't exactly as bad as it is usually projected. In fact I got one to hell act 3 before losing my chars. But still it is not as convenient as frenzy though.

@RIP : I need Fire traps to handle Physical immunes, (if it can't do that we'll just let them make the screen better :D) . All others can be handled by Sentinel if used with proper gear.But, Jiansonz idea makes me think of Sentinel + phoenix strike :ponder:

@Jiansonz : Really tempting one. I'll see if I can club it with sentinel somehow.

@all : Somethin about lightning strike and other usually unused javelin skills please.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  10. bcoe

bcoe IncGamers Member

One of my favorite amazons ever was my Lightning Strike/Charged Strike single-tree spearazon using "Silence" in a +3skill mat spear. Silence has nice crowd-control and enough FHR and resists to allow for lots of flexibility with other gear choices. Lightning strike is generally ignored because its not as good as LFury, but it is still very effective and fun. Very pretty to watch, too...

11. HappeningKT

HappeningKT Banned

A vex isn't too much in 1.13. So prolly that fills my amazon's slot as soon as I find the vex and the base . Thanx once again bcoe :)

12. Obdob

Obdob IncGamers Member

I really enjoyed using Skystrike on a 1.09 zon I had. You could use that till it's too weak then respec to the jav side.
    On a similar note, you could use The Rising Sun on multiple characters for sexy fireworks, especially that blade assassin. (man I really want to do that now...) Oh! or on a fireclaw bear! with Armageddon!

13. Swamigoon

Swamigoon IncGamers Member

For what it's worth, I'm very much enjoying my Fire druid. He's level 85 right now, and just reached Hell difficulty's River of Flame waypoint. His volcano skill is fully maxed and synergized (i.e. maxed boulder, fissure, and armageddon) and is reasonably effective against fire immunes on /players 1; giving his mercenary an upgraded woestave has helped a lot to keep the bad guys from wandering too far away from the volcanoes. The maxed molten boulder skill is pretty, too, and is also surprisingly effective with its knockbacks and resulting multiple hits.

14. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Nothing says "Aesthetically sexy" like an amazon toting a two handed axe and smashing things over the head with it.

Seriously.

Would you look her in the eyes and say she wasn't aesthetically sexy? Gogo tankazon. Cool looks, and inner sight can provide sparkly prettiness as well as help you hit things.