Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Separate AH/Trading

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by tvc, Jul 18, 2011.

1. tvc

tvc IncGamers Member

Separate AH/Trading

I have read about some problems with the AH. Mainly about that theres no servers dividing the players and also that items are so incredibly different.

I dont mind the idea of some tradesystem for gear but how about a separate AH for materials and gems? Would that work? As i understand it so far the gems will have fixed stats depending on their rank. Materials could have stats thou. I dont know. Maybe some materials can have a + critchance etc when included in a recipe but otherwise they will have a fixed purpose.

Itemhunting in tradeares could be fun but when it comes to gems and mats i like it easilly attainable as buying straight from ah. This could make gold meaningful for AH and keep the tradingexperience for gear.

Could this be work or be somewhat close to what blizz has in store for us?

2. blackbisket

blackbisket IncGamers Member

Re: Separate AH/Trading

Well yea it is easy to put static based items such as gens/mats/runes/ect into a simple AH system. Id love to see an easy thing as that with weapons/gear to so you dont see trade spam/games and such, but it seems hard with the way drops in diablo games work.

I hate to make guesses about their systems, so lets just pray whats planed for trading works and is a system we can all (for the most part) get into. It should be I new kinda trading system, most seen else where wont really fit the diablo style, so heres to hope:thumbup:

3. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Why separate when you could just not type that item in the search bar?

4. tvc

tvc IncGamers Member

The discussion about AH all around forums is if its possible to have an AH for the gear(armors, rings weapons etc) since there is so many different and random stats. Without different servers there will be alot of ppl auctioning at the same AH it could be a problem since there are so many different stats and values of stats that can be on the very same type of item. Gems, runes etc have a fixed stat and will be working alot better on a huge AH. Thats why i brought up the discussion about splitting it up.

So im not talking about two different AH:s im talking about one AH for gems etc as an addition to the Tradeareas ppl are speculation about.

5. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

I know. I'm asking, why split anything at all if it doesn't need to be. If you aren't looking for a gem, don't put a gem in your search criteria.

For the record, how big the AH can potentially get isn't a reason against it, it's exactly why it needs to be implemented.

Moreover, the trade areas are a figment of someone's imagination, and not endorsed by Blizz. The AH has been pushed by Blizz, but no formal announcement with screens of it or anything.

6. tvc

tvc IncGamers Member

Ok this is why i usually stay away from forums. Too many missunderstandings.

Anyway. I did not suggest it because the gems will bother me. I suggested it to make it an easy way to find gems, runes etc. An AH for them to make it easy to find ingredient etc.

And about problems with a big AH with every item in it. Please look around in other threads. Im not good enough with words to explain the difficulties with an 1 server AH full of randomly generated gear.

And yes you are right, Blizz have not said anything about trading or ah. I am just responding to the speculations that are out there.

7. Abazur

Abazur IncGamers Member

this will be a bit off-topic but...

Since there will be no Boa, Boe or Bop on items, what if we instead introduced trading restrictions on items sush as "Red Cleaver can only be traded for X time/times" To regulate the amount of items on the market

8. tvc

tvc IncGamers Member

I think that will be solved with the ability to salvage items for crafting. If the market gets flooded with too many of the same kind the prices will fall and buyng for salvaging will become costefficient. And when ppl notice that they will start salvaging and put the mats on AH instead. At least thats what i think.

9. TheMythe

TheMythe Diablo: IncGamers Member

I'd rather see a timersystem on an item than a countersystem.

Is it an idea to get a personal AH-game going 24/7?
    • Only 2 players allowed max (for direct item trading).
    • Items can be put directly into the general AH system from within a regular game.
    • All personal AH get to see a copy of said item.
    • Once item is sold, gold is automagically added to your shared stash.
    • Mundane items cannot be sold to the general AH, only directly in game.
    • Gems lower than lvl X cannot be sold to the general AH, only directly in game.
    • Recipes cannot be sold to the general AH, only directly in game.
    • Runes lower than lvl X cannot be sold to the general AH, only directly in game.
    • Raw materials cannot be sold to the general AH, only directly in game.
    • ?