Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sen. Kerry reported as having an affair - campaign implosion immenant

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Smeg Head, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Smeg Head

Smeg Head IncGamers Member

Sen. Kerry reported as having an affair - campaign implosion immenant

It's being reported that Sen Kerry had an affair with an intern. This broke earlier today on www.drudgereport.com

Gen. Clark blabbed it to 12 reporters "off the record" (yeah right) yesterday. Naturally those reporters told everybody. Matt Drudge broke it first and it's expected to break everywhere soon.

Now what does this mean? Kerry's done if it's true. John Edwards would be the logical replacement, except for some tiny little problems. Gen. Clark was the Clinton's man. Sen. Clinton wants to be president. Now you might be thinking I'm going nuts again. You may be right but I doubt it.

When I bet that Sen. Clinton would run this year, there were some things that had to happen first. The biggest was that Pres. Bush had to be losing ground in the polls and have some issue dogging him. His numbers have been dropping steadily (as usual for the incumbant at this time of an election cycle) and the National Guard non-issue provide both of those.

Now with Kerry's campaign in trouble, who's the one person who has the "electability factor" that's driving the current Democrat platform? Sen. Clinton. By having Gen. Clark (I remind you, he's in the Clinton's pocket) destroy Kerry, that leaves a need for a "saviour" for the Democrat party. And who's the white knight? I'll give you three guesses and the first four don't count. :p

2. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

As credible as the Drudge report is (I can't type that without laughing), the statement Clark is alleged to have made (earlier this week, not yesterday), "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." does not translate to "Kerry banged an intern."

Looks like the Republicans are starting to play the credibility game as well.

Oh, I think there's a stowaway on Air Force One, Smeg :p

3. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

I disagree heartily with this statement.

4. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

I can't believe that there's another 8 months of this to endure.

I don't even live there. How do Amercian's deal with 9 months of electioneering?

5. advil

advil IncGamers Member

*doesn't care if kerry had an affair*

*wonders how this'll affect kerry's campaign, tho*

i still don't buy your hillary conspiracy smeg.

DM, most of them don't pay attention. or vote.

edit: hehe, just noticed your sig. :)

6. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Simple. We change the channel.

7. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

I drink heavily.

8. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Politics as usual, here in the good old USA

Drudge's report was un-sourced if anyone cares to notice.

9. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

I know this isn't THE election, but when that happens do you have a time limit?

Parties in the UK are only allowed to electioneer for a certain period of time before an election. The Govt. announces when the election will be and some weeks before that (usually 3) is when the charabanc starts.

Yes, you did read that right - we have only 3-4 weeks of electioneering only (Actually 17 working days from the Dissolution of Parliament to re-election)

10. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

Dark Matter... it takes a good solid mind-numbing to get through an election year around here without finally resorting to poking ones eye with a dull pencil.

11. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

We have a time limit as well, begining 3 years and 364 days before the next presidential election. I like your way better.

12. rodigee

rodigee IncGamers Member

I don't know what to make of that. However, I don't think we should just blow this off as "gossip".... Drudge was the first the break the Monica scandal *shrugs*

13. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

I don't intend to vote for Kerry anyway. . . but I sure as hell don't give a damn if he screwed an intern. Hell, if I had interns, I'd be screwing them too. I wouldn't want a man in the oval office who's too much of a prude not to. ;)

14. Smeg Head

Ask yourself this, who benefits from this?

Howard Dean was going to bow out after losing a recent primary. But he didn't. Did he know this was coming and saw an opportunity to revive his campaign?

John Edwards will be the front runner if Kerry implodes.

It can't be Gen. Clark (who blabbed it) because he's out of the race.

Who does that leave? Who can "save the day"? Who has Gen. Clark's testicles in a lock box? (I'll see if I can get the audio for the lock box, it's funny as hell) The only possible one left is Sen. Clinton.

Why is it so hard to see her ambition? Or better yet, why do you believe her when she says she isn't running? She's a senator. Lying is second nature to them.

15. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Smeg, you're going to look really dumb in a couple months. Just a heads up.

I mean, wouldn't the Republicans benefit most from this unproven story? You really have it in for Clinton, I think you secretly love her. Well, that was an unpleasant image.

16. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I think it's less about journalistic integrity and more about a good old partisan "Hey, remember when we did this before? We swear to God we'll do it again if we have to."

When a democrat stands by their non-candidacy well after primaries begin, I tend to believe them about not running.

This just in: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=5&u=/ap/20040212/ap_on_el_pr/clark_kerry_4

17. Smeg Head

mac, I've bet my avatar that she's running and I'm sticking by it.

And no, the Republicans aren't going to benefit if Sen. Clinton gets the nomination. She's the only one that would stand the slightest chance of beating him.

You have no idea how much she's hated and feared. I fear that she'd use an executive order (under the guise of fighting terrorism) to ban all guns. It'd be a civil war, and the military won't support her.

And if you think I'm being a kook, I've seen the militia propaganda. I've seen the Militia of Montana's video they released in Dec. 1995. They were ready then. And they fear Hillary more than they ever feared Pres. Clinton.

18. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Well militia propaganda trumps anything I got. Good luck!

19. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I think we're all excruciatingly aware of how hated and feared anyone named Clinton is.

20. Lone_C

Lone_C IncGamers Member

I doubt anything will become of this. Drudge isn't exactly accurate on most of his 'stories.' And Hilary is not going to hop in with someone who has as much support from Dems as Kerry does.