Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sen. Kerry endorsed by imagionary foreign leaders

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Freemason, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Sen. Kerry endorsed by imagionary foreign leaders

Powell Challenges Kerry on World Appeal
    By JENNIFER C. KERR, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Secretary of State Colin Powell on Sunday challenged Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry to name the foreign leaders whom the Massachusetts senator claims want him as the next U.S. president.

Kerry, the all-but-certain Democratic presidential nominee, said at a fund-raiser last week in Florida that he's heard from some world leaders who quietly back his candidacy and hope he defeats President Bush in November.
    Powell expressed skepticism on "Fox News Sunday" when asked about Kerry's assertion.

Rest of story

Here is another story about his refusal to say who.

So by his refusal to identify the leaders in question we're supposed to think what? That unknown numbers of uknown leaders of unknown countries are endorsing him? Does that mean the local honeywagon guild leader of Goat Rope, Carjackistan is endorsing him? Please :rollseyes:

I take this to mean Sen. Kerry is a pathological liar. Earlier today he told three different lies about talking with, no he never talked to, he met with but didn't talk to, many foreign leaders. When asked to identify the leaders by a private citizen, Sen. Kerry had a Dean style meltdown. Kerry berated the man, then tried to intimidate him with demands to know how the citizen was registered and how he voted. Is this a harbringer of what Kerry would do if elected? Demand to know how everybody voted? Kinda spooky to think of, isn't it?

2. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Kerry/Bush '04 - Class Warfare

Yale, Class of '66 vs. Yale, Class of '68. It doesn't really matter.

P.S. You misspelled imaginary in your thread title, Smeg.

3. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Oops. Damned trying to type fast enough to get this posted so the boss doesn't know :eek:

Here's an update:
    Cedric Brown asked Sen. Kerry to identify the foreign leaders.

4. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I don't think Kerry has a responsibility to expose anyone to the retalliatory tactics this current administration is widely known to employ against dissenters, up to and including committing treason to endanger the spouses of dissenters.

Weren't you the one in another thread listing foreign countries that want to see Kerry in office? Don't make me dig up the link.

5. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Smeg, you left out one of the links from Drudge's website; I wonder why?

'Old Europe' seen quietly rooting for Kerry.

Frankly, I don't care what any European thinks of the Presidential candidates. They don't get to vote here. Take that World, we get to set policy and you don't!

6. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

It's cool how in politcs if you make ONE lie or story change or whatever, you are suddenly a PATHOLOGICAL liar.

Wait, wait, wait...ok lets see here, a Bush supporter is calling Kerry a pathological liar?!?!? This is the most amusing thing ever. I don't think Bush has ever told the truth.

7. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

I can practically guarantee that my government would prefer Kerry over Bush. Of course, they could never come out and say it, but it would be pretty incredible if they secretly rooted for Bush.

8. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

This is all the Republican hatemongering machine can come up with? They raise the most money in the history of politics, and they scrounge around for pissant little comments like that?

:clap:

Bush can't run on the economy. Rove tried to drape him in a blood-covered flag last week, and got spanked for it. Bush can't run on Iraq, jobs, or military background. They tried the "Jane Fonda traitor workout" and that didn't stick. Hell, Clinton was an actual draftdodger and no one really cared.

1. I have no doubt in the world that there are legitimate foreign leaders who can't wait for Bush to be evicted from the White House. There are legitimate domestic leaders who can't wait.

2. I have no idea why Kerry would think that that information would be at all relevant to his campaign, and he's an idiot for spouting it.

3. The more the Bushoviks keep this up, the more bulletproof they're going to make Kerry.

9. Any1

Any1 Banned

That's just brilliant. You couldn't have summed up the ignorance and arrogance that surrounds the current administration better if you tried.

10. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

And the real great part is he took that ridiculous argument and tossed it into a situation where it's actually viable and logical. Nice zinger, Mac.

11. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Several anonymous world leaders have also endorsed my bid for Presidency, but I can't say who.

12. SirKnightmare

SirKnightmare IncGamers Member

Look at the logic behind it, Bush totally went against the UN making many world leaders angry. So yes, even though it was really stupid of Kerry to say it, I totally believe him. He can't say that these leaders back him because Bush will make relations as miserable as possible for them for the rest of his presidency. All the Republicans know this but they are just going to hammer Kerry like Freemason is.

Even if Kerry is lying, it didnt cause thousands of people to die like Bush's "imagionary" weapons of mass destruction.

13. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

I doubt he's lying, but he put his foot right in his mouth on this one. That's for damn sure. Especially now that another chunk of Europe has been painted with the appeasement brush, the pundits are going to give him a black eye.

14. Freemason

Freemason Banned

For nearly a year now, every time the numbers come out they show growth. Manufacturing was up nearly double the expectations. Depending on who's figures you use, we are either steadily gaining jobs or we are in a massive job boom. The stock market is still up, even with the last couple of days. Unemployment is at the same rate as in 1996 when everybody called it great.
    I think he can run on the economy just fine.

Can't run on Iraq? Then pray tell why we won the war, have re-built so much that Saddam let decay. They are the first arab nation to embrace true democracy.
    Jobs? 5.6% unemployment in 1996 was considered excellent, yet in 2004 it sucks? I smell hipcracy and a double standard!
    Military background? Kerry admited to war crimes. He "won" more medals faster than Audie Murphy. And not once has the documentation behind the medals has come out. I seriously doubt that he deserved to get the silver star. Too many officers give each other medals without merit.

Heh, tell that to the vets. Especially the 80-100 thousand troops rotating home. The ones that remember Sen. Kerry voted against giving them the money they needed for stuff like body armor.

So who are they? What kind of man will refuse to say who his friends are? Is he ashamed of them? I'd be ashamed if nations like N. Korea and Syria were backing me.

Because he needs to make people think the world wants him instead of Pres. Bush. Yet without proof of it, he looks like some pissant little boy trying to make himself look important by telling lies.

15. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Maybe Kerry can't name his supporters because 1) he can't pronounce their names correctly and 2) doesn't know what country they are from.

Hey, it worked in the 2000 election.

16. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

That'd be your opinion. Jobs are increasingly being sent overseas, Bush can't make up his mind on if he wants to install tariffs, can't provide reliable job-creation numbers (NYT, Feb. 20, 2004), and still tries to justify having both the largest deficit in the history of currency and started a war that cost just as much as his tax cut for the rich.

A poorly trained monkey could have won the war in Iraq. Bush didn't do anything special to win that war. He did do something special to fabricate reasons to go over there.

Whoever smelt it, dealt it. (Yes, I am resorting to 3rd grade insults!)

BS. The quote you're going to provide me will abuse the use of ellipses, and reflect an inability to find the source material on your own.

You have a higher chance of earning a medal while getting bullets shot into your body than helping your father's buddy run a congressional campaign in Alabama.

Bah. How is that at all relevant to my comment?

I admit it was a mistake for Kerry to say that. But here's the deal. He didn't say that heads of state were supporting him, he said that world leaders were supporting him. I'm sure there's a handful of Green Party members in Canada who support him, Labor Party members in the UK that support him, etc. Diplomats, parliament members, etc. are all "world leaders". And I would probably put N. Korea in Bush's camp. He's the one spreading the military too thin and focusing on countries that don't have the capability to attack the US.

Can't argue with that, other than the lies part. And really, the last thing that Bush supporters need to be doing right now is attacking Kerry on "lies". Glass houses and all.

17. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

*shrug*

I wonder how many world leaders, real or imaginary, support Bush's re-election. Baring certain leaders in Kurgistan and Usbekistan of course.

18. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Of course the rest of the world wants kerry to win! The rest of the world does not have america's interests in mined but their own, if kerry says he's going to defer our forgiegn policy to the UN that gives each other country in the world a slice of the policy making decisions for the world's most powerful country--economically, and militarily.

Quote from suggestive name:
    "It's cool how in politcs if you make ONE lie or story change or whatever, you are suddenly a PATHOLOGICAL liar.

Wait, wait, wait...ok lets see here, a Bush supporter is calling Kerry a pathological liar?!?!? This is the most amusing thing ever. I don't think Bush has ever told the truth."

dude, you're going off the handle here. Kerry is reknown for his flip flopping, pandering and attacking people that ask him hard questions.

The only thing you can say bush decieved anyone ne aboutwas the WMDs...which the intelligence department told him existed--they still might, it took us months to get in there...those WMDs may be in syria, though I doubt we'd ever know until it was too late.

I am sick of all this Bush hating. Someone go find kerry's plans to "fix" this economy (raise taxes by repealing bush's break...then granting targetted tax credits which complicate the tax code, and leave the self employed out of the loop.)

his other big issue is to force the working to pay the healthcare for the non-working. Countries with national healthcare have tax rates of 60, 70, even 80 percent.

In my mind Kerry is the one weak on the economy (because if he took a single economics class he'd know the economy was healthy), and Kerry is the one weak on Iraq, the continued attacks prove that this is a real war and we can't pretend that if we're nice the terrorists are just goig to stop.

If Kerry wants to win he should attack the idea that we need a constitutional amendment pertaining to marriage rights(we don't, at the minimum it's a state rights issue, and at most it's a "why is the government admistering licenses to get married in the first place?" issue.

If Kerry wants to win, he'll challenge bush on bringing his religious affliliations to work

OR I guess he could continue to run his campaign on lies and flip flopping and convincing the public that somehow bush has "ruined" the economy--though I think the world trade center collapsing on itself had a little more to do with it..that and the sneaky stock dealings that robbed the economy of billions of dollars--but that's just me.

Or he could try to convince us that there never were any terrorists in Iraq, and those people shooting mortars out of the back of donkey trucks are really just Iraqis and not trained terrorists that foudn their way over from the bakaa valley.

Maybe he could try to convine thepublic that saddam was really a nice guy...he was just misunderstood. He didn't mean to kill all those people, his chemical bombs just went off. Saddam didn't think it was funny when his kid's ***** brides on theday of the wedding either...even though the sick bastard had tapes of it all in one of his palaces.

Maybe he can convince the public that we didn't go into iraq to fight terrorists, but to steal oil, that's why the french were buying Iraqi oil illegally during the embargo, and we were sending iraq oil smuggling boats back to the port they came from--cuz we wanted oil.

Maybe he can convince the public that he was never for the war at all! I mean it's not like he said this:

''Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime . . . He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation. . . . And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. . . . So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real. . . .'' -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Or this:

''I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.'' -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

I could go on, but I'm going to stop...Kerry is weak on my two biggest issues. he has 7 months to somehow manage to flip around again into doing what's right for america, or he's not getting my vote.

that said, bush is not the perfect candidate. He's a religious zealot, and he's forcing those beliefs on me...he's trying to amend the constitution about something he shoudn't even be talking about, he's trying to make life more difficult for immigrants, and he has only attempted to privatize one major government expense--social security...then he backed down. oh yeah, and happy happy joy...he raised the tariffs on steel so everything I buy that's metal costs more. Thanks!

so he's not perfect. but that doesn't mean we should just pretend if we say something enough times that makes it true. Let's clean this up and discuss some issues. if you're going to spout about a candidate being weak on the economy when they're trying to lower taxes, you have to back that up.

I'm not asking for much, I'm just hoping for a ,little more decorum around here.

19. swami

swami Banned

sorry but...AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAAHAH...cough..splutter..

20. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Name one that even has a marginal tax rate that high.

I don't think it can reasonably be argued at this point that Iraq has even accepted the interim administration.

I'd say the first Arab nation to embrace democracy would be Morocco, the first nation to recognize the US as an independent nation in 1777. Our first embassy in the entire world is still sitting in Tangier, you can go see it for yourself.