Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Semi-Noob needs answers!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DarkEvil, Nov 1, 2006.

1. DarkEvil

DarkEvil IncGamers Member

Semi-Noob needs answers!

Hello everyone! I am just now getting back into D2 LOD after a 5 year break from the game. I would like to start off by saying I'm not a total noob, I had several 90+ characters back in the day. However after reading a few posts on here I have came across some things that I really know nothing about. Here are a few questions that I hope somebody can answer for me.

(1). I saw a few posts talking about getting keys from uniques and bosses. It seemed as if they were not talking about normal keys. What were they reffering to and what is special about these keys?

(2). What are torches? I read that they have + to skills on them but have never seen one.

(3). Does the runeword "Black" (Io+Sol+Eld) exist in the game? If so is it still the same?

(4). And also how expensive are Zod runes now? I found a nice weapon for my lvl 48 Druid but it is ethereal :( so I don't know if it would be worth it to try to get one to put in it or not.

Those are the main questions I have so far. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you in advanced!

2. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

1) they are not normal keys.
    They can be gotten from 3 nightmare unique bosses (countess, nithlatak, summoner) to open up 3 areas. In these 3 new areas you can caquire organs required to open up a portal to uber tristram.
    2) Torches are dropped when defeating Uber versions of diablo/baal/mephisto in Uber Tristram.
    3) Black Exists (Thul + Io + Nef).
    Check here for runeword info
    4) Very expensive... Probably check the Druid forums to get information about what weapons are most commonly used. I seriously doubt it's worthing Zod-ing it though.

3. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

1 & 2: here.
    3: Black = Thul + Io + Nef. You can find all runewords here.
    4: Zod is fairly cheap these days, around 1-1.5UM, or 0.75HR. HR = Vex, Ohm, Lo, Jah, Sur, Ber. Mal has the same value as HR (and may even be a little higher). Ist is almost the same value as HR, but it's very hard to get through trade. Prices vary on different realms though.

4. DarkEvil

DarkEvil IncGamers Member

Ah thanks for the fast reply and for the information. I think I will start working on getting the keys :)

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Regarding zoding the weapon of your L48 druid: Zod has a level req of 69. If you need an idea about what to do with a Zod rune to get a decent weapon, check the "Breath of the Dying" runeword and imagine what it would do to an ethereal berserker axe, colossus blade or whatever else can get 6 sockets and be ethereal.

6. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Just correcting you on one point: Hell Countess, Summoner and Nihlathak is the only place to find the keys.

- D.J.