Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Semi-new, need help

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by RussianOvermind, Jun 4, 2008.

1. RussianOvermind

RussianOvermind IncGamers Member

Semi-new, need help

I started Diablo 2 about half a year ago, played for about a month and quit. I am getting back into it now, and I want to make a zealot, so what are some suggestions on what I should do? I wanna get some good gear, and I have gear that can give me about 400 mf without completely screwing me over (i can do mephisto runs fine, unless a mob of those stygian undead dolls get on me. The 2 items that stick out from my gear are probably my lightsabre and stormshield, but this feels inadequate for hell :/. I really want a AzureWrath, so am I better off looking for it or trading for it? And if trading, what sorts of stuff should I trade, just other uniques or keys or etc.?

And how hard would it be to assemble a grief?

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Re: Semi-new, need help

If you play on BNet - you can trade for grief (or runes for it easily). I am no expert, but it might be easier to trade a Lo than an Azurewrath.
    You can also read "Building wealth on ladder" guide, it's linked from stickies here.

EDIT: 400 MF for zealot sounds like an overkill to me, anyways you should consider to make more effective MF character (sorceress)

3. azazelt

azazelt IncGamers Member

i would worry about staying alive in hell than mf mate.mine is a lvl93 and my mf is just about 150...not a problem. nice things still drop.

4. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Remember that mf has a diminishing returns quality, so 400 mf on a melee character is a waste. You should shoot for 150-250 and try maximize killing speed, not mf bonuses. For uniques [and rares? or sets?], the actual drop rate bonus cannot exceed 250%; as you increase past about 200 mf, you gain very little in drop rates. The first 100 mf are the most beneficial.

Also consider having a few items used just for getting to meph, and then tping to town to don your mf gear when he's nearly dead. Or having mf gear on your weapon switch.

My zealer used lightsabre pretty successfully for a while in hell.