Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

self trade morals

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by MFdoom, Mar 15, 2004.

1. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

self trade morals

i recently found a tal rasha amulet in act 1 nm from a unique fallen, and was wondering if it would be morally correct to trade with a program on the comp, assuming you have accurate trade values from the forums. im not sure if your aloud to say on forums so (but then again atmas basicly the same), if anyone gets what i mean post back. im posting this because i dont think it would actually be cheating as you are tradnig equal value items, i just think it would bring a good element of bnet into single player. oh well post back what you think.

2. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

If you're not gonna trade, shouldn't be an issue. Though if you're thinking of trading, then most will probably disagree.

More difficult though, would be how you decide on the 'value'. Rarity is not a good indicator. War travs would be more 'valuable' than something else in the same TC. Windforce may be more valuable than stormspire even if the rarity is similar. So, how? ;)

3. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

good point, though i think it would be best to just go by the current bnet values, tha way i suppose it would stop yourself from saying "well, i suppose my lightsabre is ALMOST as rare as this ethereal beserker axe with 5 sockets and a few runes" - never underestimate the power of greed.

4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Your morals are up to you, and as chaos said, you can do whatever you want on your own PC.

But since it sounds like you are not using ATMA to mule, and unless you are using two charaters in an MP game, you are using some sort of unsanctioned 3rd party program to do the "trade". Any items generated by this method fall into the "Gameplay Affecting Techniques" category, and trading them here, or playing in MP games with other folks while using them would be against forum policy. See this FAQ.

5. Stargaze

Stargaze IncGamers Member

The question is: do you mean trading between your own chars everything's OK.
    If you mean removing the Tal Rasha's Amulett and replacing it with a (downloaded/created/whatevered) item, then it's simply up to you if you enjoy it that way, as long as you refrain from trading in the forum (or any place that is) with other people.

6. Oblivion

Oblivion IncGamers Member

hold on.....tell us what you want for it and we may be able to trade that item for the Tal Rasha's.

I kind of still need one of those ;)

7. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

Ive already offered it to draxer as i dont really build casters- i have done in the past but only when ive got bored with making and perfect a druid, paladin, baba, assasin and maybe javason- if he declines or doesnt post back you can have it for free.- tho im not sure how to send items- do you just create a mule using atma transfer items from the stash onto the mule the send the char file?

8. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

That's pretty much it. You can create a character directly in atma, place items from the stash into that char, and e-mail it. Then after you get the traded item, you would delete the created mule, thereby removing the duplicate, although it may be prudent to save that mule should a problem arise, i.e., the item you received was duped/hacked, the trader decideds to switch back (have never heard of this, but I suppose anything is possible), etc.

As for moving items between your own characters, anything goes, but the forum only endorses ATMA, as stated above, and using it will also createa a new pool of trading partners for you; who might otherwise shy away from trading.

Steve