Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

self found grail and trades/giveaways

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ToastedTacoGuy, May 11, 2005.

1. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

self found grail and trades/giveaways

i have a dilemma, i want to do the self found grail, but i want to try some character builds that are more gear specific and i don't want to wait around until i manage to find the items to start them. since there are a lot of people that do the self found grail, and im sure some of you trade, how do you manage your items? i tried making a word file with the names and fingerprints of all the stuff i recieved in giveaways and then when i found a better item or stopped using that specific item i put it in a special stash. this is kind of a pain in the arse though, so does anyone have any better ideas? I also feel weird when i have these items on my chars because i am afraid that i will forget that i didnt find them and then my grail will be tainted.

2. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I'm doing a self found grail in 1.09 and have traded and have received things from give-aways. There really isn't a problem. I use Gorgonium's Checklist for 1.09 but I know there are several 1.10 checklists available. The answer is simply to check the items that YOU find off the list. I also use ATMA's export function to take a hard copy, if you like, so that I know when any item was found. Yes, I know this is technically duping, but for me it is simply book-keeping.

3. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

thats a pretty good idea. i do have medieval mart, but i am not sure entirely how it all works. i figured out that by putting a 1 in the second little box before the item it checks it off the list, but i am not sure what the first box is for. maybe i could use it to note items that i have received in giveaways or something. man thas actually a really good idea, i think ill do that.

4. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

you just need 2 things for the SF grail hunt.

1. Death Dealers excellent XL spreadsheet to keep track of what youve found
    2. a new separate ATMA stash - call it "SF grail", "My Loot" or just "Evelyn"

errr.....

3. a hecka lotta time - check out the Grail status tables. I havent updated here recently but am down to like 33 items left. what a pain when you dont see a grailie for weeks...

5. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I have a great stash "self-found uniques/sets" (I don't trade or taking giveaways, so I don't have the word "self" there, because it is not needed) If I mule a specific self-found item on some character (and have no other in self-found u/s stash), I make a note in the first little box in Medieval Mart - which character uses it.