seeking guidance

Madbad

Diabloii.Net Member
seeking guidance

Hi all, i'm new here but i'm a pure magic lover. Every game I play I always choose the powerof magic over worthless pieces of metal like swords and axes etc. Anyway straight to the point...

I've been on every site and forum there possibly is about diablo and I've most likely looked at every sorceress guide. But after all this hard research I'm still not sure which path to take. Fire has the shear *fire power* of all the 3 skills. Nothing comes close to it in terms of destruction. On the other hand we have the cold spells, probably my favorite because I like to stop monsters dead in there tracks and then watch in excitment has my team mates dismantle the frozen statues. So anyway I just want to know what everyone else uses for pvm and possible mfing once I have learned more about that.

I'm leaning towards the *pure* cold sorceress with 1 point in warmth, telekenesis, teleport and static field. For my main attack either frozen orb or blizzard. If anyone could help out with a link to a guide or if anyone has a good build then I would much appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.
- madbad
:innocent:

WarHymn

Diabloii.Net Member
Max Blizz/CM/Ice Blast/Ice Bolt then put pts in GSpike

There you go, great Meph HEll runner

Very good with the moat trick

Madbad

Diabloii.Net Member
Is Frozen Orb good to use, I think it will cost less mana than Blizzard. What are your opinions on a Frozen Orb sorceress or do you think I should stick with blizzard. :scratch:

- madbad

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
I just made this exact build to be my meph / pindle runner. Here is her exact stat / skill points:

Strength: 95 base
Dex: base
Vitality: Rest
Energy: 100 Base

Skills (completed by lvl 77):
20 Blizzard
20 Ice Bolt
20 Ice Blast
20 Glacial Spike
1 Frozen Orb
1 Cold Mastery
1 Frost Nova (pre-req)
1 Frozen Armor (pre-req)
1 Shiver Armor
1 Warmth
1 Static
1 Telekenesis (pre-req)
1 Teleport

Gear:
Shako (P.Topaz)
Tal's Ammy
Tal's Armor (P.Topaz)
Tal's Belt
Occulus (cold facet)
Rhyme Troll Nest
Chance Guard Gloves
War Trav Boots
2x Nagel Rings

So here is what you end up with:
+7 all skills
3740-3964 Blizzard Damage
1861-1934 Ice Blast Damage
-55% Enemy Resistance from Cold Mastery
114% Mana Regen Rate from Warmth
416% MF (considering perfect mf stats on all items)

Yesterday, I started my character, and when I logged off at night she was at level 66. She is cruising through, and just teleports away from CI's. Again, she's only for meph / pindle, so I wouldn't recommend her for all around gaming. If that's your interest you in the meteorb sorc...

g

:howdy:

good luck

Madbad

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thanks for the advice, i'm still not 100% sure so I will just level up abit and get teleport, static field, telekenesis and warmth out of the way first. When I'm about level 15 or so I will do further research on sorceress skills before I spend any skill points. I will deffinatly have cold spells, whether to go pure blizz or dual orb + fire or lightning is still under the question mark.

Thanks
- madbad

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
the bad part about 1.10 is that they kind nerfed lightning imho. Unless you go full synergized lightning (chain light being the killer) then you're hosed.

I'd say:
1. all fire
2. all cold
3. cold/fire (meteorb)

Madbad

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided to go pure cold sorceress. I'm not sure whether to go pure blizzard or pure frozen orb. With frozen orb I will have alot of skill points left over to use on things like warmth, teleport and even cold armour.

20 Frozen Orb
20 Ice Bolt
20 Cold Mastery
1 Warmth
1 Teleport
1 Telekenesis
1 Static Field
Total pereqs = 4
Total points = 68

Now looking at the above build for a pure forzen orb sorceress I would have a lot of points left over. I like both builds, blizzard for its power and frozen orb for its accuracy and well it looks really great on the battlefield.. agree? If I went pure orb sorceress I would most likely use the following build..

20 Frozen Orb
20 Ice Bolt
20 Cold Mastery
20 Warmth
1 or 10 Teleport ( 1 of 2 choices )
1 or 10 Frozen Armour ( 1 of 2 choices )
1 Telekenesis
1 Static Field
Total pereqs = 4
Total points = 97

If I used the above build with 20 in warmth I could easily spam frozen orb's and when my mana pool emptied It wouldn't take long to refill with the high level warmth. As i said before though, I'd be happy with either build and comments are appreciated. Just keep in mind when replying that this is my first character and I have no other chracters to get *uber* equipment for me. I will be in a team of 4 - 8 when in hell so immunes wont be a problem, maybe a few points in static field and a good weapon with fire damage on switch would be good, but anyway I've put alot of thought into the sorceress i'm building and thought of alot of builds but in the end it comes down to either a pure blizzard or pure frozen orb. Suggestions/feedback needed.

Thanks
- madbad

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't overlook lightning, it rocks. See my guide http://rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=140158

Anyway, i'd go blizzard over orb any time if you're pure cold sorceress. Ice blast kills just as fast vs. single targets where blizzard is way superior against large groups. The only reason to go orb is to get a second element since it requires less points.

1 warmth & teleport is enough for PvM.