Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Seeking Guidance on building my first Barbarian

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by jake007, Mar 29, 2005.

1. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

Seeking Guidance on building my first Barbarian

Hi, I'm a lvl89 hammer-din seeking for some viable alternative builds using set items. I'm looking forward to build a Barbarian with Immortal King but there's something I need to make clear before going ahead.

1. Out of WW/Concentrator/Frenzy, which one are best suited for the IK set?
    2. If I but 2x shael onto the IK Maul, does it actually benefit WW (From what I heard it does not.)
    3. During WW I heard it's possible to be stopped by monster hits - anything I can do to prevent it or at least minimize it?

Jake

2. piggiz

piggiz IncGamers Member

1. WW is best suited for IK Set
    2. 2 x shael or 2 x 15 ias jewels allows you to hit the last WW breakpoint.
    You can use 2 x 15ias jewels with mods ie ED,min,max to better your damage.
    3. Based on my experience, WW is interruptable although many may not agree. Use a long WW to minimize it.

3. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

1. ww works best, conc works too but its not as good as ww for IK, and frenzy needs 2 weapons :lol:
    2. 2*shael it, or like Piggiz said 2*15ias second mod
    3. if you don't click on a monster, your ww should be uninterruptable. It does happen from time to time that you whirl in one place, I haven't anything against that yet :(

HoD

4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

The ik set is best used with wirlwind. Piggz and hod bolth have told you what you needed to know.

double shealing will benafit ww giving you more hits per wirlwind. I just wanted to clarafly that. You will find that the full ik set is not the best thing to use for a barb even tho it is really good.

But if you do want better after you have made a ik barb. Do not try to use the orge mual or thunder mual with a engima builds they bite.

5. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input guys.

My WW barbarian (Ali_Barba, Europe) is currently lvl46. Meanwhile it has great HP and decent defense the attack dmg is a bit on the low side. (400-6xx with WW). My current maul is a shop purchase with 7x-12x attack

I've pump relatively alot of pts into mace mastery, maul belongs to the mace category right?

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Ali Barba=:)

Mauls are included under mace mastery. Your damage may seem lowish but remember that Whirlwind will hit a lot of targets in a short time...so instead of one slow big damage attack you get several faster less damaging attacks not necessarily a bad thing. The maul you are using now is probably a bit slow, should get a lot better when you can finally equip your IK maul.

7. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

One more thing - Is there any guide on how to WW? I'm finding it a bit hard to grasp onto.

8. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Aim on the other side of what you want to hit - click on the ground, NEVER ON THE ENEMY. Clicking on an ememy causes you to stall out.

For best results, trim the edges of the emey packs, rather than barreling straight through. You can get some nice triangulated whirls going that way.

-Hal