Secret Set??

th5418

Banned
There is no secret set. Actually, the secret set is that you get Tyreal's Might w/ Azurewrath and a Andarial's Visage. You see, all of them belongs to mighty and infamous heros and demons.
 

Boddah_khan

Diabloii.Net Member
It's just a legend. It came from the patch MPQ's. Certain rare items have a "1" in a column marked "*uber". As far as most people can tell, its just a comment field so the programmers knew how rare to make the item.
 

zrk

Diabloii.Net Member
cow kings leathers is kind of secret, because the cow level is kind of secret and you can only get the set at the moo moo farm.
 

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
Boddah_khan said:
Certain rare items have a "1" in a column marked "*uber". As far as most people can tell, its just a comment field so the programmers knew how rare to make the item.
As I understood, uber indicates an exceptional or elite weapon, non-uber is just a normal item. Just me though.
 

Aerotan

Diabloii.Net Member
actually you can find pieces of cow king's leathers just about anywhere, and there are MANY more items marked uber
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadow_247 said:
As I understood, uber indicates an exceptional or elite weapon, non-uber is just a normal item. Just me though.
'uber' was used to denote exceptional items, 'ultra' for elite.

The 'uber' column in UniqueItems.txt was some wierd comment field of sorts - whatever it was meant to mean, it now doesn't really mean anything.
 

lazyassdre

Diabloii.Net Member
I heard that wearing certain Uniques will display set bonuses, and that the names have nothing to do with it. But thats just what I heard.

Weee spreading rumors is fun!
 

jeeb123

Diabloii.Net Member
ormus/arachnid set?

:idea: i was thinking that the ormus robes, arachnid spiderweb belt, darksight helm, and maybe more is some kinda set. they're all black and kinda seem like they relate. if u have any idea if there is another part to the "maybe set" reply.
 

Dreamsmith

Diabloii.Net Member
My favorite not-actually-a-set set: Kuko Shakaku Cedar Bow, Lavagout Battle Gauntlets, Spirit Forge Linked Mail, Infernostride Demonhide Boots, Naj's Circlet, and The Rising Sun Amulet. Characters wearing this "set" (like my Hunter) ought to just spontaneously burst into flames...
 

Death_Frog

Diabloii.Net Member
how about Tyreal's might and Azurewrath, they go together since Tyreal wielded the Azurewrath... your char will be pure white like sigons and he will glow and his light radius will be increased by 10.... either that or he grows white glowy wings... i like the wings part, that would be tight.
 

majorB

Diabloii.Net Member
I always thought it was strange that some share a name but are spread over sets and uniques, like bk set, and bk rings, or ondals helm and ondals wisdom staff. I guess blizz ran out of names.
 

th5418

Banned
Death_Frog said:
how about Tyreal's might and Azurewrath, they go together since Tyreal wielded the Azurewrath... your char will be pure white like sigons and he will glow and his light radius will be increased by 10.... either that or he grows white glowy wings... i like the wings part, that would be tight.
No, izual used the azurewrath.
 

Beatboxer

Member
th5418 said:
No, izual used the azurewrath.
No I used it.:)

Secret set you say? Yes It's the "Pub Duel set"

Helm: Shacko
Armor: Archon Enig
Ammy: Rising sun
Weapon: Botd/Doom/WhiteWand or Hoto
Switch: CtA
Sheild: Storm
Ring1: Raven
Ring2: Nature's Peace
Belt: Thundergod's
Gloves: Dracul's or Trang's
Boots: Not part of the set

:) :innocent:
 

694095

Diabloii.Net Member
Well if a there was a "Secret set", and its anything like other sets, try to find the shittiest elite uniques you can find and put them together. : )
 

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
694095 said:
Well if a there was a "Secret set", and its anything like other sets, try to find the shittiest elite uniques you can find and put them together. : )
So I guess I should start looking for a Steelshade?
 

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
assmuffin said:
So I guess I should start looking for a Steelshade?
Yes, its Blizzard's acclaimed "Steel"/sh*tty set. Steelshade + Steel Carapace + "Steel" weapon runeword is a secret set that gives you bonuses so crappy that they had to keep it a secret or everyone would be using these items to experience the crappiness.
 

.EYRIS.ONE.

Diabloii.Net Member
lol at these theorys :D well done keep em up :p lovin this, what about lamer set : enigma + cta = 10% chance to whine when killed etc. :p

peace.
 

Frenzied Bovine

Diabloii.Net Member
Is it worth mentioning that Steelshade is black in color - at least on the Arreat Summit?

If that holds out in game, that's three black items: Steelshade, Arachnid Mesh and Ormus Robes. Notably, Verdungo's is also black in color, as is Steel Carapace.

Hmm. Steel Carapace + Steelshade..

I can't find any other elite uniques that qualify on the basis of color, and I doubt any of the 1.09 uniques would retroactively be shoehorned in.

Hey, this is fun!
 
Top