Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Secret Ãœber Set

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ferentix, Feb 28, 2004.

1. ferentix

ferentix IncGamers Member

Secret Ãœber Set

I don't know is this is the right forum to post this... but anyway
    i remember once reading on www.diabloii.net, that in the 1.10 patch there was hidden a kind of Ãœber Set. And what made this set different was the fact that it was just put together by ordinary items, and the only way to complete the set was just by trying to figure out which items was a part of it :scratch: there was one hint - look for items that could be related in som way, like for example Tyrael's might and the blade Azurewrath
    If the set was comleted it was THE set, with alot of crazy powerful bonuses

did anyone els read anything about this... and if so, was it for real or just one more of Blizzards lame jokes :flip:

ps. If you allready discused this many times, forgive me i usually only use the druid forum...

Good Gaming

2. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

I also remember reading about this set bonus. Unfortunately I can't help but I am equally interested in the truth.

Iirc it was basically the bonus from the new tal's set but I could be way off...

Anyone else know??

-Backdoor Bandit

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

not real. in the items.txt, there's a column for "uber" or something, and some are marked with 1's, others with 0. that's how the rumor came out, but nothing will happen if you gather these items together.

4. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

on a side note...tehre is no need for you to spam this in multiple forums

be patient and wait for a darn answer....jeez

5. ferentix

Well maybe that isn't the solution then

6. ferentix

did you ever think about the fact that not all people use the same forums??? So to max. the chance to get some usefull information i posted it in more than one forums...

spam!!! don't be so whiny

7. AwesomeDude

AwesomeDude IncGamers Member

It's not just him. It's basically against forum etiquette to do that. We're just the few that decided to post.

8. ferentix

Well thats a seriously lame etiquette... it's just a game,and it's just a forum, dont take it so damn serious... and if you don't have anythign better to do than ***** about the fact that i posted something on more than one forum, then i sugest you get a life, and give the cpomputer, diablo, and this forum a rest !!!

9. lazyassdre

lazyassdre IncGamers Member

Nice flame. He told you why its frowned upon to post in multiple forums, and you throw it right back in his face. To say its "a lame etiquette" is actually kind of "lame" in itself. You posting in all the different forums is the same as a child constantly shouting out "give me a cookie." It is the people's choice whether they want to respond to you or not.

10. piv

piv IncGamers Member

:yep: what was the question again? :scratch:

11. Stubbs

Stubbs IncGamers Member

I read a forum already talking about this... And people were saying it was Azurewrath Andys Visage Nad Tyraels Might. It is a spiritual set, but there are no inherent bonuses from wearing it. It is just blizz makin stuff they will never use. Like there are a ton of runewords that probly will never see the light of day

12. ferentix

First of all i'd like to apologize for my little outburst... i wrote it at a party last night... while being under the influence of more than one beer :surprise:... so don't mind that...
    But anyways, i still don't see it as spam, and if there is a rule or etiquette that say's that it is, i don't get why.... the way i see spam, is the idiots on battle.net that keeps writting
    tp
    tp
    tp
    tp
    tp
    tp
    tp... oh how i hate those people
    I posted this on THREE!!!! forums, and as i said, i did this to max the chance of getting some usefull information, since not all people use all the forums all the time... and lets be serious, if a thread gets so old it not on page one more, not that many people look at it anymore... so there.
    Besides not one forces you to look at ot again, you could just ignore it in the other forums!

Good Gaming :thumbsup:

13. Gyro

Gyro IncGamers Member

Nope, doesn't taste like spam to me. Some of those familiar looking posts about the rules, though--they tend to get a bland, almost spam-like flavor after you've read enough of them... :yawn:

I would never have read this if you'd posted it only on the druid forums, and am grateful you posted it here. Even if it never materializes, it's an interesting reminder about some of the pre-patch buzz that made everyone so itchy for the game to come out. It would be so cool if there were still secrets left to be uncovered... :idea:

Just to make things interesting, we could conspire to start a rumor about the "cracked" set, which requires a certain combination of elite cracked items. (Is there such a thing as a cracked sacred armor?) Oh, and of course they must be socketed with the right combinations of flawed emeralds and saphires. :lol:

14. tape

tape IncGamers Member

why would u come in d2.net and post about d2 while ur at a party....dork :p

15. ferentix

Because it was a really lame party!!! :yawn:

16. Stosh the Overseer

Stosh the Overseer IncGamers Member

This is not a rumor !!!!
    I completed a such set with shako ali baba war travelers and others (i'll keep thi secret :shhh: ), bad thing is it has no bonuses ...
    Just make good use of nilataks quest :bonk: