Secondary skill with FO

Dragania

Diabloii.Net Member
Secondary skill with FO

Hey
I have maxed FO,Ice Bolt, and Cold Mastery.
I'm level 79 now, and I'm looking for something to put the rest of my skills into (i have like 20 saved up).
I was thinking of either CL,L,or CB.
Which would be the best?
 

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
you would be better off going one of two ways:

1) an attack skill with no synergies (fw, hydra)

or 2) go defensive with the rest of your skill points. drop 15-20 into telekinesis, pump up eshield.

20 skill points is not enuf to get CL, L or CB to be effective. most skills won't be able to do anything unless you drop 30 skill points into them.
 

screw

Diabloii.Net Member
[FLS]prozerran said:
serves you well

the rest should probably goes with TK with 1 pt in ES
Hey! I have the exact same skills. But can you please tell me why only 1 in ES with so many in tele?

And is this build good at mfing pits or rune running?
 

mrwallin

Diabloii.Net Member
Dragania said:
Hey
I have maxed FO,Ice Bolt, and Cold Mastery.
I'm level 79 now, and I'm looking for something to put the rest of my skills into (i have like 20 saved up).
I was thinking of either CL,L,or CB.
Which would be the best?
Hello

I would recomend a secondary attack spell...
And as mathil said one with no synergies would be best...
I use FW with FM on my sorc and that works just fine, I guess that Hydra/FM or TS/LM would work aswell and they dont require their target to be still.

Cya
MrWallin
 

Dragania

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm
im just trying to think which would deal the most damage, and FW/FM sounds pretty good, mephy would be so easy with it -- is that more damage then say maxed lightning and a few points in LM?
 

pornstar

Diabloii.Net Member
Dragania said:
hmm
im just trying to think which would deal the most damage, and FW/FM sounds pretty good, mephy would be so easy with it -- is that more damage then say maxed lightning and a few points in LM?
Lightning is one of those skills that require heavy investment in synergies to be viable in hell. Lightning and LM alone just won't cut it. FW/FM on the other hand don't need any synergies so I would go the fire route.
 

ddos

Diabloii.Net Member
Dragania said:
hmm
im just trying to think which would deal the most damage, and FW/FM sounds pretty good, mephy would be so easy with it -- is that more damage then say maxed lightning and a few points in LM?
Maxed orb, sinergy and mastery will kill meph much faster than FW/FM. I had a sorc exactly like yours and i went the defensive route: 20 in telekinesis and the rest (currently 4 i think at lvl 83) in energy shield. She does mephy really fast but doesnt cut it for general gameplay
 

redsand.

Diabloii.Net Member
As said before, unless you invest heavily in the synergies/mastery of the lightning you simply wont be effective enough.

To maximize a cold/light build, you have to distribute the points pretty evenly. On top of that, you'll be pretty fragile as far as taking damage goes.

I have built fo/fw sorcs and she was surprisingly effective. I'm currently working on a clitorberess and I can already tell she won't be able to cut it in hell.
 

Dragania

Diabloii.Net Member
ok
so how should my points go..max FW and one or so into FM? or split them a little more evenly, or put one into each synergy
 

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
for firewall, max it and dump the remainder into mastery. i dont' believe firewall has synergies. if it does, its not worth mentioning or putting points in.
 

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
mathil said:
you would be better off going one of two ways:

1) an attack skill with no synergies (fw, hydra)

or 2) go defensive with the rest of your skill points. drop 15-20 into telekinesis, pump up eshield.

20 skill points is not enuf to get CL, L or CB to be effective. most skills won't be able to do anything unless you drop 30 skill points into them.

Hydra has fire bolt and fire ball as synergies.
 

mathil

Diabloii.Net Member
they are 3% synergies. i consider orb to have no synergies in this respect as well. both spells do have synergies, but they are bad and you would only use them if you are doing a variant.
 
Top