Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Secondary Skill for a Zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Vallyman, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Vallyman

Vallyman IncGamers Member

Secondary Skill for a Zealot

Hi all, Ive never made a zealot before (except a frost zealot, FrozeanFaith west/nl/sc) anyway im currently trying to design a good ol zealot for fun, itll be a budget build (im too poor to afford botds and enigmas) so ill probably be using a shaft, anyway back to my subject, whats a good skill for a zealoty im maxing the regular skills (zeal, synergy, fanat) but am thinking either charge (more physical dmg and a good starter as long as i dont freeze) or perhaps foh (which could soften them up before i zeal) both have thier merits but what are your opinons?
    Thank you in advance as i rarely post

2. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

Between choosing charge or FOH, I would definitely pick charge since FOH isn't all too effective without high conviction.

3. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

or you could put a point in vengeance and a few into conviction. That way you won't have any problems with PIs.

4. Kastlefeer

Kastlefeer IncGamers Member

Could smite make a good secondary skill, even leaning towards a semi pvp build(kinda undercommitted) or are the equipment ideals likely to vary too much for the desired effect with zeal and smite(heard +skills is good for smite whereas for zeal it's ar and trigger mods)... I'm admittedly a novice pvper

5. Kendu

Kendu IncGamers Member

Another option you could go for is using sacrifice as secondary attack because you will be maxing anyway to enhance zeal damage

That said, one point into vengeance and several points into conviction is also a decent option, which was mentioned above

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Heh, so anything less than "BoTD and enigma" is considered a "poor man's" or budget build? Good God b.net people have become so spoiled these days and don't realize how skill (player skill yes it exists) can contribute to a character build as much as "uber itamz". My zealot uses things such as tal's mask and guardian angel with a crappy ed% stormlash scourge and does not even have a HoZ but he can tear up anything in the game quickly with the right balance of resistances, damage, life, etc.