Secondary attack vs ph immunes -30 skill points left

Bohana

Diabloii.Net Member
Secondary attack vs ph immunes -30 skill points left

Hi,

I am back to Diablo after wasting 9 months of my life on HG:L.
The ladder reset just came at the best time :)
My new ama is lev 53 now.
Stats: all dex.
Skills: max GA, max Valky, 10 Crit, 10 Multishot, 1 in every other passive skill (I dont need more in avoid/evade, I prefer to have a tank-Valky and hide behind her).
I'll have 30 skillpoints to spend on a secondary attack against phys immunes.
LF is great for 20 points but once I'll have torch I wont be able to use it because of CI.
CS is an other option but I am afraid it would be far too weak without +skill items and synergies.
:confused:

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Secondary attack vs ph immunes -30 skill points left

generally, the bow skill - certainly strafe - are atleast as bad when it comes to ci in combination with torch as lightning fury is. Lightning fury may be more lag intensive, though rarely, people thrown lf as fast as they shoot arrows.
If that is your only reason not to take lf, then I would advise you to reconsider. Lf without torch is more powerful then cs with torch for large groups.

You have some options. You can try to get your hand an item with a curses that lower physical resistance. Atma's scarab or wws are good and cheap items. Other popular option is a reapers toll on a merc. Those that are unbreakable will be killed with a one points magic arrow and a decent bow fast enough.

Other option is to with lightning skills, they are quite powerful, read the guide in the sticky. It's a good guide, only problem is that you may want more then 30 points to spend, certainly as the lightning skills have so many synergies and your bow side won't be as strong - with low equipment, it's more a lightning build with good investment in bow for LI, with good equipment, you can go the other way.

The Last option is to go with frozen arrow. The advantage is that you don't need that many points, 30 is a good start - 40 is max you can spend. However, this branch needs a bit more twinking if you ask me so unless you have a good bow - with physical damage to leech mana back I would go with the lightning skill or try to get your hand a item with amp or decript.

P.S. max guided often isn't need.

Bohana

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the input, Freezing Arrow is an interesting option indeed, how could I forget about this skill!?
I will try to save 40 skillpoints to get maximum dmg for freezing arrow but what charms should I use? Cold dmg sc-s for extended cold length or fire/poison?
Does freezing arrow need a lots of +skills to do decent damage?

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

The more points, the larger the damage, however in your current set-up this will only be a PI killer, so I wouldn't go overboard - if you really need skills, you can always try to find a bow with lots of skills or -res (Wizendraw) and use it as switch.
A lot of the damage can come from multiple pierces which hits the monsters multiple times with the cold explosions. Just remember not to put points in the extended freeze synergy and you should be fine solo and perhaps in small games.

If you look for charms, cold damage charms are interesting for the added freeze duration, though you can get skillers for a cheap price. Bow skillers are rarely used and therefore, they shouldn't cost to much.
However, the ultimate charms will be a mix between skiller and max/ar charms.

nibarel

Diabloii.Net Member

I had the exact same question as Bohana but my PvM Bowazon is on the HCL right now. I was wondering if your input would be different for a HC zon, I am currently in the same situation as Bohana, having quite a few leftovers for a secondary attack, having 10 Crit, 20 Strafe, 20 Valky, 10 Penetrate + prereqs.

I am wondering if I should go for LF, FA (with CA synergy), or CS for PIs... She will also probably used for MF runs since it's my first char and I am poor :\.

It seems like builds like XZON Faith / Fury Hybrid that are focused on the Java side are more popular for zons who are poor. I would like to have feedback especially because I'm on HC.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

Only Zon ability that handles PIs and requires less than 40 skill points is lightning fury, however lightning fury is not good vs single targets and is better when geared with +skills. It seems like your only choice, though, and TBH I think you'll end up using it more often than your physical attacks becuase it's good and your bow sucks.

And you didn't even put 20 in penetrate which is pretty much required for multi/strafe as it allows you to equip less AR gear and more damage gear, especially when you don't have a lot of AR gear to start with in the new ladder.

NASE

Diabloii.Net Member

I would go with lf for the simple reason that you can run cows effective with little points/gear. Certainly nightmare cows can be run in full games with very little gear to good effect - nm cows are good for gear for lld/mld dueling, so I assume that you can find good mid game gear that people on hardcore might want. Look for jewels and magic items.

P.S. wait until some hc people show up before you make a decision - I at least am not speaking from experience.