Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

second attact skill for Concentration barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by chien, Mar 2, 2004.

1. chien

chien IncGamers Member

second attact skill for Concentration barb?

Hi, all:

I've tried to build a IK barb with concentration as his main skill. Now, I am lvl51 doing pretty ok with IK belt, boot, glove and helm. Need some more lvl to use IK maul and hopefully, my MF chars can find the IK armor :lol: . Before that, I am using Steeldriver, angelic ammy+armor+ring now. I am doing ok so far even without a shield (NM ACT5 now).

However, I do find I only can kill 1 baddy per time,which is ok for small group. But, for a large group or in pub games, my killing speed is really low :grrr: . I am thinking to add WW as a second attact.. Is that viable ? Thanks for your help!!

Currently, concentration Maxed, BO almost maxed, few points in shout and natural res and some 1 pt wonders (berserk, B. command.).

Chien

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

It will work, though you typically find yourself using one skill more than the other, and thus it's often better to either make a straight whirler or a straight conc barb. If you're unhappy with kill speed/one-enemy-at-a-time requirement on Conc, you're better off just building a new barb to be a straight whirler, rather than trying to bastardize your conc barb, and then feel that you have wasted 19 points in a combat skill you only use rarily, which could've been spend better in something like Ironskin for whirling or a synergy for conc.

-Hal

3. chien

chien IncGamers Member

Thanks for your reply. I think my slow killing speed might be due to low damage I have now.. Is it worth upgrading steeldriver to exceptional ? It would be about double the damge I guess. (base great maul damage :48 avg, and Mertel de Fer is 80 avg.). Sol and Ral are cheap runes, anyway..Would it a good idea to upgrade it before Windhammer (lvl68 req) or IK maul (lvl 76 req)? or other better maul? Thanks!

Chien

4. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

I would give zerk some thought for your second skill, for many reasons:

1. It doesnt leech so you will need a balance between this and conc
    2. It is a synergy for conc
    3. It does a great deal of damage and hacks down those immune to physical and stone skin monsters really fast while avioding the pdr that many monsters in hell suffer from.

The best way I can describe the conc and zerk combo is think of a sorc. You build a Blizzard Sorc but you need points into another skill tree for when you come up against those monsters that are immune to cold. Think of conc and zerk the same way.

5. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

I Up'd my steeldriver (brought it to something like 170-250 damage) and that did me just fine til I was able to use IK maul.
    One point .... if you can get your hands on a good % Bonesnap, go with that instead.

6. chien

chien IncGamers Member

Yeah, I finally up my steeldriver. Not bad IMHO. Kill much faster :p About Bonesnap, it seemed slow to me unless you got lots of IAS elsewhere.

BTW, windhammer seems a nice maul to me other than IK maul. It should be fast enough for conc. barb. But,which one is better? IK maul (with 2 shael) or Windhammer?