Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Season 10 Walk Thread

Discussion in 'US West Standard - Ladder' started by Mezzanine, May 2, 2012.

1. Mezzanine

Mezzanine Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Season 10 Walk Thread

You can't make a runeword in a magical socketed armour btw. That gothic plate is worth something to the right buyer, but at this point not many would be keen on picking it up for LLD unless they're interested in that area. Otherwise someone might take it for an Enigma or something. 3os flail can be used for a runeword coupled with the flail's speed to proc the crushing blow. Can't remember which one was it, Black or Malice.

Yep, do Normal Baals, crazy exp.

2. gakky

gakky Diabloii.Net Member

Note Pally shields cannot get 40+ resist automod until about NM act 3 so no point picking any up before then. You can't get them in normal. 40+ resist is ilvl 50.
    But all pally shields will get 4 sockets from Larzuk.

3. Mezzanine

Sweet. Just found a Dracul's Grasp and The Occulus. Not sure what they're worth since pricing system hasn't settled yet. Really need to get some HRs and make that Enigma :/ so tired of my Sorc already.

4. gakky

Nice! dracs will be quite valuable for ubering. You should make a hammerdin and use him for ubering.

5. Mezzanine

Haha I'm thinking of making a HDin, but probably after I get an Enigma for the convenience of teleporting. Man the forum seems dead.. or are people still leveling haha?

6. Merle

Merle Diabloii.Net Member

I've just been leveling (slowly). Hopefully after this weekend I can start some item finding runs.

7. Mezzanine

Lol just found the BK set Colossus Blade. Damnnit. So useless but I wanna keep it.

8. gakky

Looks good enough to uber if you can get an elite shield! Would be some huge money there selling torches this early in the ladder.

9. Mezzanine

Can't seem to find keys lol. And if get squished by viper spawns in Nith.. :/
    Not sure how to uber as a hammerdin too though. Do I smite? And if so, won't my smite fpa be utterly horrible haha.

10. gakky

I used to do the key running and ubering with way less equipment than you have, e.g. vipermagi. And you can teleport and avoid the vipers. Yeah I was chicken last ladder and traded for all my dkeys lol.
    Plenty of articles in Paladin forum describing how to uber with hammerdin. It's an easy fit. You already have a point in smite, and extra points don't add much. Holy shield adds a lot. Max fpa smite a Phase Blade needs 0 IAS with fanaticism, and 65 IAS with Concentration. Use a 6 socket robo blade, 4 shael and 2 resist jewels. Add dracs and some CB (Goblin toe and guilliames are cheap) and you are done. For uber Meph treachery+frost potion prebuff. Hmm now that I think of it I could treachery prebuff my sorceress and then survive in Hell! :) It lasts 288 seconds and gives 60 resist all, 15%DR, and -79%curse duration. OMG that's better than a cta.

11. Mezzanine

Hmmm. I have a HoZ right now, so that would help with smite damage. But killed Nith a couple of times, though he's killed my mercs COUNTLESS of times.. fkn vipers lol. Might try it out. Probably still need a Gores or a Goblin. Plus that speed weapon. Could try and trade for a Lo and build a Grief PB, problem solved haha.

12. gakky

HoZ is exceptional and has low smite damage. You want an elite shield. I've tried Grief and strangely it's not as good as a robo blade because you lose resists and IAS you have to sacrifice a lot in other gear to get them back. Unless of course you respec and go Fanaticism, but I don't like that option. I like being able to smite or hammer. Hammers makes clearing easier for the mini ubers.
    yeah Nith takes some skill. Either tele on top and kill him quick, or go in slow using hammers and Redemption (not Concentration). Peace ring works well instead of redemption. PDR protects against vipers.

13. Mezzanine

Haha I usually just go on top and BAM blow him up before he CEs me to death. Well, actually not me, but more my merc since it's such a pain to keep rezzing him.

I was using HoZ last season on my smiter, didn't notice a marked difference between its original form and upping it. Ubers seemed to die at the same rate. I think the cb and speed are more important, and the LT for survival of course. Sorry to sound noob, but what exactly is a robo blade? Just a normal 6os phase? Or is it one of those magical ones with sockets and IAS?

I think my resists should be okay for ubers. Can always toss on salvation aura for meph and the rest is covered by life tap as long as I have sufficient effective health to take a beating.. But yeah, always prefer to play a pure smiter for ubers :< haha.

14. Mezzanine

Anyway. Thinking of trading off my 32 Hoto. Any offers? No PGems please haha.

15. gakky

A robo blade is just a 6os Phase Blade with lots of IAS in it, and sometimes eth runes. Used by some builds to get fast ctc like CB. A skellymancer can use 4 eth 2 shael robo blade with some CB to speed up boss killing.

smite Gilded Shield is 20-28 Zakarum Shield is 46-48. Level 20 Holy Shield adds 57-60 so if you have a high Holy Shield you can get away with an exceptional or normal shield. More is better of course, it's your source of leech and finishing off the kill. Otherwise only Grief and a couple of the uniques can increase this damage. %ed from armour/skill/aura will multiply as usual. I usually aim for level 27 or 36 Holy Shield for +37 or +38 block.

I prefer not to use Salvation as you lose the damage boost from Concentration and it costs a skill point. But I did all this before the respec quest came in so maybe not so relevant. You could switch to a pure smiter. But bear in mind the Smite skill damage increase is worthless, 1 point is enough. It's the Fanaticism that is useful.

16. Mezzanine

Yeah I had 20 base holy shield on my old smiter, didn't have much +skills from gear too.. hoz, mara, torch, anni

I find salvation pretty nifty to bring my resists up, if not you might get 1-shotted by a nuke if you're not careful, or if you don't have enough FHR to get out of lockout by the minion spawns. The killing speed didn't really differ much.. still tolerable, but then my smiter might have been wayyyy overgeared.

17. Mezzanine

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEA. My first HR found non-traded. Lo from chaos <3 <3 <3

18. DiabloLikesMMA

DiabloLikesMMA Diabloii.Net Member

There is literally ONE game up on ladder normal right now, any interested in walking in a new game? * step_brothers

19. Mezzanine

I'll do that with you in 10mins brah

20. Rakhir

Rakhir Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a bit embarrassed with my equipment, but I'm still surviving! Just finished Nightmare at level 64 with 440HP and 300Mana. Don't think that will cut it in Hell. Most of my stats points (165) are unspent as I'm waiting to see what gear drops. I'm finding all sorts of melee gear and no sorc gear at all. Most of my gear hasn't been upgraded in 30 levels or so. It is all blue/rare normal armor, no exceptional or elite.

Leaf Staff
    Stealth in Ethereal Chain
    Rare belt with 60 Life + Mana + resists
    Rare Boots with good resists + 30% RunWalk (55% Speed is how I survive)
    Rare Gloves with good resists
    Blue Helm with LR + Mana
    Rare Ring with Resists + Mana
    Blue Ring with huge Mana (105)
    Rare amulet with huge resists.

Have been trying to get the runes to make Smoke or similar so that I can free up other slots for something other than resists. My resists are near max for NM (75/65/65/65), but would be a lot easier if I had resists on my armor and switched to a shield.

I have the runes to make spirit, but no shield for it yet. Am wondering if I should just make a spirit longsword and use a temporary shield until I find a Monarch?

Suggestions welcome, I'm still new to all this.