Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Searching for Death's Web - Flayer Dungeon?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Pherdnut, May 2, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Searching for Death's Web - Flayer Dungeon?

The unique flayers on each level of the Flayer Dungeon have the best chance outside of Hell Baal of dropping a DWeb according to ATMA. But do uniques always appear on each level? I'm liking the idea of searching here because this is also a great place to look for socketables.

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Unique items can drop from all the flayers. Are you asking if unique/champion monsters can spawn on each level?

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Talking unique monsters. I'm confused though. I thought all unique monsters had a name, but ATMA seems to differentiate between champion, unique, and super unique.

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

-Champion monsters are randomly generated, but have fixed names and properties. Ghostly, Possessed, and Champion monsters are all considered champions (they're may be another type that's slipping my mind).

-Unique monsters are randomly generated and have randomly generated names/properties.

-Super Unique monsters always exist, have fixed names, and some fixed properites with random properites on top of them. Bishibosh, Rakinishu, Pindleskin, and Threshsocket are a few will known superuniques.

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Champion monsters also include Fanatics. Unique monsters are things like "Snot snarl" or "Puke maw the unholy". And superuniques .. the only superunique in the Flayer dungeon is at the very very bottom, Witch Doctor Endigu. Of course, very few people know his name because most people skip a3. :lol:

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Download the new version of ATMA, in the previous version the drop rates for Flayers were doubled when they shouldn't have.

quietus: It's Witch Docter Endugu actually :teeth:

7. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

I found a 44/2 in the pits,I'd suggest pits for socketables too.It is area level 85,so uniques here can drop any item in the game even of TC 87.

Rik

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Perhaps you meant it like this, but in L85 areas, uniques and champions can drop stuff up to qlvl 87 respectively **. Because of other reasons, the monsters there can can drop from any TC as well (including the regular monsters) which means that bosses ans champions can drop any unique and set item in the game which regular ones can drop all of them, except a handful.

Apart from monsters from the L85 areas, all act 5 monsters (or nearly all of them - not sure), half of the act 4 monsters, lots of act 3 bosses and cows can drop items from any TC.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What's more important, the ListCtrl of the drop calculator has been programmed properly now :)

9. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

yep.Regular monsters cant drop a few uniques like tyreals might/web/fathom.

eidt:
    I thought cows couldn't drop TC 87.:cheesy: What am I doing in the pits?just checked atma & it says sacred possible in cow level.IIRC cow level is alvl84,so normal monsters cant drop sacreds,Since mlvl of regular monsters is set to area level,hows it possible?

Rik

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Cows have their own TCs, which allows them a small chance of dropping TC87.

11. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Treasure classes and monster lvl (depends on area lvl) are different things. Sometime the highest TC in the area goes higher with the alvl (as in The Pit)
    Cows have very small chance to drop from TC87 (according to normal monsters able to drop TC87), they are mlvl 81 (bosses & minions 84, champions 83)
    Qlvl of Tyraels Might is 87, so it can't drop in Moo Moo.
    Qlvl of Templar's Might is 82, so it can drop from minions,bosses and champions.
    If the sacred armor drops from the regular cow and the check for unique is successful, you will get tripple durability rare (failed unique)
    Qlvl of IK Soul Cage is 37, so it can drop from regular cows.

EDIT:
    I checked the Atma for some interesting numbers (P1, Hell, regular monster):

Bone Warrior (Pit) - weap84: 1/724
    Hell Bovine - weap84: 1/896

Bone Warrior (Pit) - weap87: 1/923
    Hell Bovine - weap87: 1/6593

12. ronj

ronj IncGamers Member

I found one from eldritch or shenk, cant remember. Keep in mind that those are VERY rare. I have found 3 fathoms this season but only ONE death web, it was a perfect one though :cool:

You should run the pits and hope to find good items that you can trade to acquire a dWeb, that's your best chance.

Good luck