Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Searching for a fun zon to make

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SlainByPain, May 23, 2005.

1. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

Searching for a fun zon to make

Hello everyone at SPF! Since the moment I started playing D2 I played on battle.net. Six months later, I was introduced to the world of PVP. Now, four years have passed since that time. I didn't have a problem with dueling with the same char for three years straight untill recently. It's not that dueling got boring or that my char isn't fun to play anymore, its that dueling on NL USEAST SC is INFESTED with AutoAim. At the same time, I don't see any real PVM communities on B.NET. With all this said, I've decided to start some serious SP play.

My problem is this: A while back, I posted here and made my first SP character. Since then I've made a total of 13 SP characters. None of them made it past act 1 norm :( . My plan is to do some norm mephing (with a fake char) and put those items on a character starting in NM mode.

ANYWAY, what would be a fun zon to play without godly items?

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

If by "fake char" you mean a character hacked/created with an editor, most of the people here at the SPF would frown upon that type of play. If you have issues with getting gear, there are TONS of friendly people here willing to give up some decent items for free so long as they go to good use.

Also I'd advise not bothering with norm meph. He can't really drop anything of use.

As far as an untwinked amazon goes, I think maybe a Mageazon or a LF Zon would be nice. LF would probably be easiest. 20 Lightning Fury, 20 Penetrate, ~5 in pierce, 20 Valk, and maybe invest in Magic Arrow or Freezing Arrow to deal with LI monsters. I really don't have much experience with untwinked amazons, so I'm not of much help.

As far as the PvP community goes, it's pretty small here at the SPF, but there are many(Liq and Kab come to mind) that are way too into it.

Good luck.

3. SlainByPain

I understand that using a hacked char to mf is frowned upon, but I just need a few items to get me started in NM mode. I wanted to simulate gear that I could be using after playing through normal.

A mageazon sounds nice. I'm not into the whole valk thing though :) .

4. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Check the giveaways thread stickied at the top of the forum. Great place to get some starting gear.

Otherwise if you still can't find what you need, let me know of some of the gear you're looking for and I may be able to help.

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

i gib j00 it4mz if j00 n0 h4x f00!

6. SlainByPain

Well, If you could give me items that are likely to be found while playing through normal, I would be happy. But I'm going to hax up a char so she can start in NM mode anyway :confused: .

7. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Why?

All nightmare comes with is increased difficulty. :x

8. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Please don't hack, you'll miss out on playing and trading with the wonderful members of our community. Afterall, isn't that why you left BNet, because of the cheating? If items is the problem you'll have plenty of help from generous folks in the giveaway thread.

9. SlainByPain

Sigh, maybe I'll just try to make a pathetic attempt to make it past normal again. Like I said in my first post, I made 13 chars that I failed to lvl. Sadly, I've made over 20385043825 characters ( 90% of which were remaking my zon for perfection), act 1 norm is worse then playing hell with a naked punching necro for me. Maybe, if you guys could give me a REALLY fun build it could work :) . Thanks for the fast replies everyone.

10. corax

corax IncGamers Member

fire druid focusing on fissure.
    t3h pwn.

j00 h4xx0r n i punch t3h f00!

11. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Could you give us a list of builds you've tried that haven't made it?

We can probably give better input that way.

12. killmesh

killmesh IncGamers Member

have you been playin on /players 8
    cause if you have theres no way in **** you cant lvl

13. SlainByPain

Well, I'll tell you the builds that made it the furthest.

Wolf - Druid based on the wolf summons
    Spearomancer - Spear zon with jab/planned to max valk and its synergies.
    Boxer - The punching zon
    Fire - Fire arrow zon
    Dexterity - Was meant for one of the tourneys here, never got around to lvling it much :( .

My opinion is that it's not really the char, It's the normal difficulty.

Edit: Yeah, it was in /players 8

14. corax

corax IncGamers Member

well seeing as you was a bnetz0r yo've obviously got the connection power. so why not create a lvl 1 tcp/ip game and post the IP and our very own mp games thread. heaps of people always join them and normal is gone in a flash.

15. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Well. Sorry to break it to you.

But it's definately the character. ;)

I recommend trying out a Fishymancer. You can find the guide here.

A very easy build to copmlete even without any items at all.

16. SlainByPain

I've made a fishy on b.net before. It was acutually one of my last pvm chars. First Ladder season on HC. He was pretty fun but I'm not really into playing it again. Would you explain why those chars were a problem?

The MP threads idea is awesome though, I'll try it as soon as I get a good build to try.

17. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

If you play with a hacked character/items, no one will consider it serious SP play.

No one needs hacked items to play Normal, NM or Hell. People play with only items they find all time.

Why not post how you built a character (skills, stats, etc) or 2 and what items they are using and the forum can help you get better at the game rather than never learning or worse hacking? What can't you get past in Normal Act1? Andariel (SpiderWoman)?

If you don't want to learn you can use the giveaway thread for items to make things easier without hacking.

18. SlainByPain

Ugh, it's not that the characters arent powerful enough to kill things, it's that through playing hundreds of characters through the first parts of norm (acts 1 and 2) made it EXTREMELY boring for me. This is why I wanted to start in NM. I didn't mean hacked items as in items I make. As I said before, I wanted to simulate a situation where I had walked through normal.

19. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Normal can go by much more quickly with the right twinking equipment. The good news is most that equipment is common, and easy to get. (And as you can already see, finding people to donate stuff is no problem as long as you are not hacking the characters.) Another thing you could do to get through normal is MP. That can make it go by much more quickly. Check out the MP sticky thread. (Again this option comes with the no hacking requirement.)

20. SlainByPain

As of now, I'm leaning towards the MP idea. I just need a build now :) .