Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Searching .d2s files

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zarhrezz, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Searching .d2s files

Is there a way to quickly find which character has a certain item in his/her inventory? I'm trying to find a SoJ which is most likely on a D2C character, but I have no idea whatsoever which char it could be. Any ways to let ATMA or whatever program go through the d2s files and pick out the ones with a certain item on them?

2. Ashlen

Ashlen IncGamers Member

Not sure how to help you there, but I can offer a tip on how I used ATMA for my muling purposes:

I didn't make mule chars, I made the stashes, for a few reasons: 1) Limitless storage capacity though I think Borlag said the program ran a bit slow when he had about 6,000 items in one. 2) Name each stash the type of item you have, i.e. rings, armor, weapons, etc. or even more specialized. 3) After filling a stash, you can click on the list tab, which will show you an alphabetic listing of all the items it contains, making it easy to find just what item you need.

Sorry I can't help you any other way, but my idea might help you in the future...

3. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

I have not built in any automatic search mechanism for this. However, after getting frustrated at not being able to find the right gear for my Hammerdin, I'm going to write an ItemSearch module for stashes which *should* let you search by parameter.

One thing you can do for d2s files is to dump the info into a txt file and search using NotePad.

--T

4. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

That could work...can you dump info from multiple files at once with ATMA?

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

would that feature just be for ATMA stashes, or for items on characters as well? it woudl be nice, althouh i sort all of my items into folders eg: armour > unique or jewelry > ammy.

6. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Yes, you would have to choose the "Append" option when ATMA complains that the file already exists.

For now, it would only be for stashes since mules are much smaller and can be searched manually. If i feel inclined, I *might* add functionality for d2s files.

--T

7. chase_encode

chase_encode IncGamers Member

Doh!
    Well, I guess that kills part three of my prog. Oh well, best let the doc handle it. I only spent a few weeks on it anyway. :(

Can't wait to see/use it. :D

8. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

You and me both by the sounds of it chase_encode :lol: (well, part 1 or 2 of my prog)

9. Hakai_no_Tenshi

I'd still be interested in knowing what your ideas are for that. I have an image of what it's going to look like already ... just needs for me to sit down and code it.

--T

10. Ashlen

Ashlen IncGamers Member

Hey Doc, is there a way to delete folders inside the stash files that you don't want? Or to move items around between the folders? I find that sometimes when I transfer an item to the stash, it gets dropped in the wrong folder. Though maybe it is my fault when it happens...