Seabiscuit

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
Seabiscuit

This movie got nominated for some academy award but I didn't like this movie at all. How about you guys?

Silvermyst

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw it in an aeroplane which instantly downgrades it to aeroplane quality. So what was once a potentially 'shmeh' movie, went all the way to 'beh' (worse). :scratch:

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Silvermyst said:
I saw it in an aeroplane which instantly downgrades it to aeroplane quality. So what was once a potentially 'shmeh' movie, went all the way to 'beh' (worse). :scratch:
it's the hand gestures that make the meaning, the "shmeh" shrug and the "beh" brushing it aside in disgust

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
CookiesnCream said:
This movie got nominated for some academy award but I didn't like this movie at all. How about you guys?
So I'm sure you would have no problem telling us the meaning of the movie, right? Right?

:rolleyes:

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
So I'm sure you would have no problem telling us the meaning of the movie, right? Right?

:rolleyes:
I could if you want me too........ but I think that would spoil it for some people.

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
th5418 said:
The theme would be better choice of words i guess?
lol, if you persist, the main theme would probably be to never give up. After all, it is a story about how an underdog becomes famous. Even despite Toby Maguire's character breaks his leg, he still rides in the race.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
See how pointless that was?

Yet you expect the same request, made by you, to not only be honoured but taken seriously as you fail to do?

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't care what the major theme.

Did I change your opinion? Did explaining the theme of the movie magically make you think that Seabiscuit is a good movie?

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
I don't care what the major theme.

Did I change your opinion? Did explaining the theme of the movie magically make you think that Seabiscuit is a good movie?

I see your point if that's what you mean. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't insult the lyrics of a song that you don't completely understand. If this is related to Linkin Park, I remember someone saying in a review that they didn't like Linkin Park because they didn't want to hear about "a 28 year old kid talking about how he wants to run away from home". Perhaps he was talking about the song titled "Runaway", but sadly that song isn't about running away from home, it's about running away, but I would like you to point out where in that song it implies that he wants to run away from home. So I was just pointing out how some people dislike the band when they misinterpret the meanings of their songs.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
Interpretation of artistic material is entirely in the eye of the beholder. Unlike, say, mathematics, it is possible and expected that two people might start at the same point (lyrics to a song) and arrive at two opposite yet equally valid conclusions.

We all interpret songs differently, just like we all interpret poetry or art or whatever.

Anakha1

Banned
Artistic and theatrical accomplishment is not necessarily related to entertainment value.

That being said, I wanted to see that movie as much as I wanted my legs chopped off and reattached backwards.