Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

scurvy HC group and ... lemons?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Radagast, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Radagast

Radagast IncGamers Member

scurvy HC group and ... lemons?

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' LEMONS! I'm in the business of shopping for the most scurviest, the most toothless, the most... most... yar!

If you like to bang your head against HC until your ears bleed and you can't write a coherent thread: HERE'S LOOKIN AT YOU! I'm lookin to make a team of Hardcore players; i'm pretty open to theme (or lack thereof). Whatever makes us laugh (or shed tears of masochistic joy :teeth: )

So here's the official call for players. I know I might be complicating things when I say this, but I'm game for nearly any schedule of evenin sessions, or playing games by ear. Whatever floats the boat.

A few theme *ideas* (coming back from a long d2 break, just a consistent group of HCers would make me happy):

-single-tree characters
    -single-class group (I'd try not to be item-greedy :uhhuh: )
    -ironman
    -nudists
    -cookie monsters (eschew the ordinary, afterall, we do have blood coming out of our ears!)

Any interest out there?

Cheers,
    Radagast

2. Snuva

Snuva IncGamers Member

I'm interested in any doable HC multiplayer group. However I do not like to play in laggy games, or at night. You should state your timezone, location (if you are able to host) and possible playing times (GMT). I hope we can get a good game going.

Snuva

3. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Cookie!! (In that cookie monster voice)

Nightfish started something like this last week. Since I didn't get into that one in time I'll be the first to put my hand up here.

Single tree builds sound good, twinked or untwinked?

What does an ironman entail?

edit: or second - must learn to type properly one of these days

4. Radagast

-8 GMT here (Washington State) and I honestly haven't tried hosting a game from this connection before. But assuming I am capable, the college's server is pretty solid most of the time.

Good times (in my timezone) would be any weekday after about 5:30 till ... the wee hours o the mornin. I can manage an earlier start on Mon/Wed/Fri too if need be. On weekends: if there's an ocean of timezones b/t me and the rest of the group, whatever works for you guys; i'm flexible.

I'd like to think our group would be a contained environment in our journeys, but then, having just reloaded d2 the other week, anything I make right now will be untwinked :teeth: So there's my prejudice.

Ironman would be living off the land; the most you do in town is spit on your way out before every adventure (maybe paint some graffiti with your ear-blood). It can be interesting, but in my experience the rule just stigmatizes the already gimped melee classes... so... well I like the single-tree theme right now but as I said, I'm hippy-easy...

So long as we're cookie monsters :p

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

sounds fun. i'd be willing to give it a spin

COOKIE!!!!!

6. LOCO

LOCO IncGamers Member

avarst!
    sorry i cant play but having a pirate themed thing would be cool, if only for the swashbucklingly awsomness of it. Although scimitars would be in short supply.

if not then an all melee group would tempt me to drop my social life and become isolated and wierd.

7. corax

corax IncGamers Member

yes. a pirate theme. scimitars and bucklers for all
    *goes to try and find his cannon*

8. Radagast

Well shivarrrr me timberrrs, about and avast if yea've got free-sailin mind, blood comin' out of yer ears, and scurvy to make tha bread maggots cringe!

*rummages for charcoal*

Righto, i'll scratch out the rules here on the deck. If any o' you bilge rats so much as thinks of something else, by blackbeards beard, speak it! Aye aye, pirate laws are more of a... guidelines anyway:

The (almost) Code
    1) Love yer ship.
    2) Pirates look like... pirates! Leathers, scimitars, bucklers, daggers, harpoons and tridents. (Aye! but raise yer flag if yea've got some more notions on attire.)
    3) We'll have not but the grogiest pirate talk on this ship!
    4) Pirates are cut throats... so go cut some throats! (Melee characters)
    5) We may be depraved and morally retarded, but damnit, there'll be no treasure rats on this ship! (honorable drop sharing)
    6) YARR!

Now let's see if anyone digs the idea! Of course equipment is going to be a difficulty what with all the theming (difficulties are all part of the fun!) but we could also give everyone two town "raids" with a higher level character (ex: buy exceptional equipment with another character in Act1/2 NM as the group comes into the end of normal perhaps, and same for NM). These raids could be co-operatively financed by the group to keep things equal.

Or not.

That said, i'm really excited to see if we can get this ship out of the harbour this week. I'll lay out an expansive time schedule of mine to see if we can't get the group going. And b/c i'd love to see this group last a while, and weekends are never a garauntee in my life, lets see if we can work out one (maybe two) times midweek. Here's when I'm available on pacific coast time, -8 GMT:

Monday: 4 pm - whenever
    Tuesday: 10 am - 2 pm, 6 pm - whenever
    Wed: 3 pm - whenever
    Thurs: 10 am - 2 pm, 6 pm - whenever

So if there's a safe two hours in that time-table everyone can agree on, let it be so!

Cheers,
    RAdagast

9. corax

corax IncGamers Member

yaharr ye can count on me blade ye scurvy dog.

handaxe's are piratey.
    Crossbows were pirate weapons too.

no women

10. Mankey

Mankey IncGamers Member

I'm also -8 GMT but have relitivly no experiance in HC...

Got to start sometime though... Although since I'm an hourly employee My schedule is iffy at best. What ever the group decides upon I can live with. And I'll throw my hat in for that ever important 8th slot if no one better (or at all) steps up to the plate.

11. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

things are gonna get pretty boring with no zons

I can do this, I'm GMT -4, and available from ~8-11 most nights in my timezone (12-3 GMT)

12. Radagast

Misogynist miscreants?! Well i was actually thinking about making myself a melee sorc or a trident fendazon. But if misogyny is in, i'll probably rummage through me satchel of poisons, work on my sailor curses, and bust out a daggermancer.

Women or no? The debate is out, no holds barred.... YAR!

Okay buckos, here's the list and proposed times. Respond with personal info (tentative character and time schedule) if you're in, as well as your 2 gallions on the proposed rules.

Mad Dogs on the Deck
    Radagast: (sheep?)
    Corax: (character?)
    Mankey: (character?)
    Skoolbus: (mad zon?)

In the Tavern
    Snuva
    Shermo
    Loco

Work Hours :teeth:
    Any day Mon-Thurs 4-7 pm Pacific Time (-8 GMT)

Come up with character ideas mates, hash out The (almost) Code, and anyone else interested, grab a drink in the tavern! Out of respect for the early drinkers, we'll give them some time to wake up, look at their pocket calendars, and decide if they'd like a spot on the ship.

And if thar be a real armada of cut-throats in the SPF interested, i'll ask the barkeep to keep the tavern open on nights we set sail, in case some of our mad crew sleeps in.

Radagast

13. corax

corax IncGamers Member

Double Swing Scimitar Barb. Big burly first mate anyone?

we cant have women aboard. havent you seen any pirate movies involving a female on the ship, she always becomes the heroine, where in truth a much worse fate would befall her

14. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

I'm only in the tavern so I can drink myself some courage for the journey ahead.

All melee you say? Fireclaws bear for me then - scimitars are pretty fast, they hit 8fpa with 40 wias. Plus we're all going to appreciate the sage. Or possibly a kicksin - I've never played one before though.

15. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

johnny depp is my hero in pirates of the carribean, not keira knightley

I want to push for a LF zon, but if we ban women (boooo) I guess I'll go with a WW barb

16. corax

corax IncGamers Member

i dont think bears were ever pirates :D

pirates of the carribean is a stupid movie and its evil because it injuried sidhe

17. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

You've never seen ''Yellowbeard'' have you? :D

18. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

That's because you can't read. I think a 'sin would be good pirate, evisceration anyone?
    After all, the female is always the most dangerous of the species.

19. Radagast

hrm, Pirate bears eh? Well i do like bears, but i fancy they're not big fans o' the sea. But matey, grab some grog, loosen the tongue, and give us a thorough convincin' eh?

Now a sea-dog would be somethin else... yaharr, but i'm easy.

Corax mate, glad to hear we'll have a mean brute with us! The only question I have is, how many drinks'll it take to get ya kicking for women to come along? :teeth:

I'll play a daggermancer with curses that'll show them sailor's tongues the true language of the sea!

edit: and in response to the last two threads, i was thinking that the very same for the sin. If anything, it'd be worth the enterntainment value of the group dynamics.

20. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

damn, good point. So no bears, no women? Speaking of PotC - I'll go with a poison dagger necro. Yarrrrr!

edit - noooo, pwned by the captain