Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Scrumpcious Homemade Popcorn chicken

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HaLoPhReAk, Jun 8, 2005.

1. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

Scrumpcious Homemade Popcorn chicken

Hi Everybody!!!
    (Note: I am not a cook, just a hungry kid that has to make his own lunches)
    Ok, so first off, get chicken breast (already cooked), then tear it up into peices a bit shorter than your thumb. Then put that and about a table spoon or two of butter, couple dashes of salt + pepper (or until desired) into a small frying pan. Then put the element on high, spread butter around, (watch out for flying, boiling butter, hurts like a ****** ****** (heh)). Now just cook the chicken until it has browned on the sides. Let it dry, then you will have yummy popcorn chicken, that you actually know what is made of (unlike KFC, with their legless;beakless chickens). Happy Eating :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

2. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

Doesnt popcorn chicken have some sort of a breading on it

3. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

What if I have like abnormally large thumbs??

4. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

I have no thumbs. That was very inconsiderate of you, bragging like that!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :hanky:

5. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

*points*

*laughs*

6. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I thought breading was accomplished by dipping the chicken in egg, then in flower, then frying in butter or oil.

7. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

and 11 secret herbs and spices.

8. skihard

skihard Banned

The proper way to bread most meats, chicken included, is the dry wet dry method. The DWD method is done by first putting the meat, chicken in this case, into a flour bath. This will give the egg/water solution something to a grip on.

[egg/water solution is: 1 tsp of water per 1 grade A large egg mixed, “scrambled†together]

From the flour bath you put the chicken into the egg solution turning over to ensure full coverage. It is a good idea to use the 2 hand method when doing this so you don’t get “club handâ€.

[2 hand method: Use one hand (right for me) to do all the dry stuff, use the other (left) to do all the wet stuff. So when you flour the chicken you use your Right hand to coat the chicken and to move it from the flour to the egg. The use your Left hand to flip and move around the chicken in the egg solution and moved it to the spice coating. Use the right hand to coat, flip and remove the chicken from the spice coating.]

once the chicken is completely coated in egg move it to a spice coating. This is a mixture of flours and spices. What you use it completely up to you but there are many good pre-made coatings that you can purchase if you don’t want to experiment on yourself.

After you coat the chicken move it to a flat pan or straight into the hot oil. When you remove the chicken from the oil use a strainer type spoon and place the chicken on a cooling rack over a couple paper towels. Doing this will allow the extra oil to drip off the chicken and make the chicken crisper and a little bit healthier for you.

Now if you really want to do yourself good you can look to This Thread for a nice “wing†coating to dip or coat the chicken in. (well provided you’re tough enough)

9. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

I thought this thread was about how to cook chicken with popcorn...

10. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

same here :lol:

11. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

ok...maybe i shouldn't have put "popcorn chicken in", it reminded me of it, cuz it has pepper, its crispy, and chicken.... well ne who, i was actually trying to post a recipe, not a thread to rag on.... :mad: meh o well :D

12. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

i have no idea what rag means but the recipe sounds good :thumbsup:

13. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

Very nice procedure skihard! I've been battering various meats for years and never quite had it come out right. It comes out OK but not spectacular. I was always coating the meat in egg first; and then into the spice. I'll try flour/egg/spice next time and see how that turns out.