Scrolling too fast makes you drop out ?

Bulgarian

Banned
Scrolling too fast makes you drop out ?

I just figured out that you can switch your skills with the scroller on your mouse a couple days ago, so just out of boredom I assigned all my f keys to auras. Did a quick scroll, and I got dropped out of the game. I thought it was because I was switching my skills too fast or more specifically;auras, but I guess not. Today I was reading my message log and as I quickly scrolled up, it dropped me from the game again. Kind of pissed me off because I was afking in that game for 7 hours in hope of somebody coming with a specific item.

Lord Nyax

Banned
It'll kill you if you piss its servers off. Spam messages, spam skill-switches, makes no difference. It'll hate you just the same.

cynicalcat1

Diabloii.Net Member
i was not aware you could switch skills with the scroller.thanks for the tip.just don't do it too fast eh?

Lord Nyax

Banned
AFAIK, it's only with Auras...I've never had any problems on a non-Paladin...though I don't exactly kill BNet with my Zon...maybe I'll try that now...

:largeevil:
:smug:

EDIT: Nope, it'll kill you for anything. I just got my arse handed to me by BNet for scrolling on my Zon...so yeah...:thumbsdown:

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I've never used the mouse wheel for switching skills, it's too sensitive and clumsy. I had no idea this could happen.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
I have gotten booted for doing mf runs and casting holy shield, bc, and bo really fast, just using hotkeys. I had to slow my mf runs down because my prebuff took longer!

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Battle.net thinks that anyone who can switch chars in under 20 seconds must be a bot... how little Bliz thinks of us...

MysticDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
I quickly get a CI whenever this happens on my BvC:
I have Widowmaker out.
Quickly switch to Grief Beast
Quickly press my hotkey for Guided arrow which isn't there
Bam! CI.

Flaming Banana

Diabloii.Net Member
if you do anything too fast too much bnet bans you...
type too fast, join game too many times, log in too many times...

its so weird.

templeofnogwa

Diabloii.Net Member
I use my mouse scroll for skills, but I haven't had a CI because of it yet (*knock on wood). I rarely set more than 6 skills, and I only skip one or two at a time.
One thing that sucks about using the scroll is when you weapon switch, you have to make sure that your skill is the same one you had left off on your main weapon, otherwise when you go to scroll again, it will skip an 'F' and potentially throw you off(wow, that hardly made any sense at all).
por ejemplo, my orb sorc has skills set: f1 tp; f2 shiver; f6 orb(last set skill)
I like to make sure that I'm always set on tp whenever I switch, so that next use of the scroll doesn't make me skip to shiver armor or my f5 skill.

That's it, I'm going to bed.:embarassed:

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive gotten a ci too from switching with the roller. I was bored in a game and started switching and got thrown out. Cant remember if it was only auras.